Pm To Personally Supervise Violence Eradication In The Deep South

Lite Beer

PM to personally supervise violence eradication in the deep South

PATTANI, 26 April 2013 (NNT) - Army Chief General Prayuth Chan-Ocha stated Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra would be personally directing the Southern Border Provinces Administration Center (SBPAC), the Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC), and other security agencies related to the handling of southern violence.

General Prayuth said that the Prime Minister had indicated her decision at a meeting on Wednesday of representatives from security and development agencies to discuss work integration between both parties.

According to General Prayuth, the Prime Minister will be looking into issues needed to be urgently solved as well as their budgets on a weekly basis.

The Army Commander in Chief also expressed his opinion that the southern problem needs multi dimensional solutions. He said security units play only a part in the overall picture of the solutions. More measures such as provisions of jobs, improvement of education, and promotion of understanding among locals are necessary to be done in parallel.

He also urged the media to stop giving attention to the 9th anniversary of the Krue Se mosque incident as it would incite the trouble makers to do something to mark the occasion. He called on the press to be careful in their news presentation and to think of the pros and cons of their questions raised, whether they would be advantageous to the solutions .

Currently the Army Chief and the Prime Minister’s Adviser General Yuthasak Sasiprapa are visiting Pattani, as part of their efforts to boost morale of the southern personnel and locals.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-04-26 footer_n.gif

He also urged the media to stop giving attention to the 9th anniversary of the Krue Se mosque incident as it would incite the trouble makers to do something to mark the occasion.

Publicized and bought to you by nntlogo.jpggiggle.gif

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

The people in the troubled south will be sleeping a lot better from now on!

Oddly last night on the way to the market (in bkk) I caught he small Subaru vans on my soi and the van driver was from Narathiwat and we got chatting as the journey progressed, as you do. Fairly quickly the conversation turned to the southern problems and it became apparent in no uncertain terms that the name Shinawatra, is despised and hated by most Southern Thais on a level I had never before encountered.

????? I thought tough guy Charlerm was in charge solving troublesin the south, thus allowing Yingluck to go off on international shopping trips. What happened ???

I think even YL has realised what a total waste of skin he is.

I guess she will look good in a Wonder Woman outfit.

Personally supervise, from Bangkok no doubt.

Problem is she is rarely in Bkk, in fact she off in her travels at this moment , AGAIN

It's obviously, trainee journalist day, on Friday. To "personally supervise", would suggest that she travels down South and stays there, to "personally supervise". It's like the lady of the house, "personally supervising" dinner from in front of the TV whilst the maid does the cooking.

On another thread, Plopadope is supposed to monitor an elephant "on the spot". What does that mean?

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

The people in the troubled south will be sleeping a lot better from now on!

Oddly last night on the way to the market (in bkk) I caught he small Subaru vans on my soi and the van driver was from Narathiwat and we got chatting as the journey progressed, as you do. Fairly quickly the conversation turned to the southern problems and it became apparent in no uncertain terms that the name Shinawatra, is despised and hated by most Southern Thais on a level I had never before encountered.

I'd hazard a guess the dislike starts at the top of highway 4, and get's more intense as you travel South. I know my wife wouldn't shed a tear for him, and we are around the Isthmus of Kra.

????? I thought tough guy Charlerm was in charge solving troublesin the south, thus allowing Yingluck to go off on international shopping trips. What happened ???

One would assume that his danger zone allowance will now cease.

I'd have to check, but I vaguely remember that PM Yingluck already took charge once about eight months ago. It might be that at that time she only told all to solve the problem and report back to her. Maybe that didn't work. Anyway remember the saying 'three times lucky'

• Like 1

The army C in C requests the press to play down the 9,th aniversary of the Krue Se mosque incident. and I wonder if he understands that it was a situation that was totally exacerbated by the way in which the Thai Army handled it.

The question put by Thai@heart "On another thread, Plopadope is supposed to monitor an elephant "on the spot". What does that mean?" can probably be answered with "don't get splattered"

The question put by Thai@heart "On another thread, Plopadope is supposed to monitor an elephant "on the spot". What does that mean?" can probably be answered with "don't get splattered"

Well in the context of "personally supervise the eradication a violent insurgency" I look forward to Yingluck's GI Jane get up.

I hear combat prints are in this year, or any year a country is at war.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Obviously shes pi**ed off the brother and hes ordered her to do this... hoping she will get shot or blown up and the fat ugly sister can take over.

I am not sure how to take that. I think he is getting a little worried that she takes time every once in a while to think about what he is doing.

But now the ugly one is in position to take the job and she is not ignorant of politics. She might tell him don't bother us any more. She might have a streak of compassion and allow him back in to the country with no charges against him and a pardon that depends on him only living and traveling in the three southern provinces.

I do feel if Yingluck could drop the army and security nonsense and just try to endear herself to the population as a women who cares for them and is sad to see what is happening there that would go a lot further than being Commander in Chief