What Advice To Give, Would You Or Wouldn't You?

His Masters Voice

Definitely stay out of it. You don't know what promises of exclusivity were made between AA and her foreign boyfriend. Surely, it's not realistic to expect someone to "go without" for two years -- I doubt the foreign boyfriend has forsaken all others during this time.

I think he's realistic to know he wouldn't get the money back if he asked and the gracious thing is for him to tell her to keep it. That way he doesn't have to put her on the spot. Who knows -- maybe it's not really much money for him.

As for AA, yes I agree, it's not a good idea for her to hop on a plane to see a guy in a foreign country, where presumably she doesn't know anyone, especially when that guy has a prison record. It's no wonder the Embassy denied her a visa. It's really for her own safety!

The other problem with the story is if the bf cannot even get a credit card because of his 'record', how is he going to sponsor his Thai gf visiting his country (assuming her visa was accepted)?

Sure, I understand there are other ways, but the above would be the natural route............thumbsup.gif

I guess if any of the involved (in the story) read TV threads, they should easily be able to identify themselves, and OP of course.

Anyhow,

What does OP himself think he should do?

Probably not any wrong answers here.

Just keep in mind that you might have to socialize with this group of people again later.

What do I think I should do?

Well, my wife told me to keep Mum.

You guys, for the most told me it's none of my business.

The reasons that you gave seem quite logical.

I'll just butt out.

The other problem with the story is if the bf cannot even get a credit card because of his 'record', how is he going to sponsor his Thai gf visiting his country (assuming her visa was accepted)?

Sure, I understand there are other ways, but the above would be the natural route............thumbsup.gif

Apparently, the Farang got his friend to act as Sponsor, tell the Embassy not that he was in Jail, but he was Bankrupt and could no sponsor AA.

The point that everyone including the OP's wife seems to be missing here is that it reflects very badly on ALL Thai women,not just the creature AA that's playing everyone like a fiddle!
Does her Thai boyfriend know of her Farang lover?What if he finds out and the guy catches a bullet through no fault of his own?

One thing you don't do is buy a ticket for the plane if you don't have a visa, you provide a plane itinerary but don't pay for the ticket.

Even a tourist visa for a Thai is a lot of evidence and paperwork, the guy sounds clueless.

The point that everyone including the OP's wife seems to be missing here is that it reflects very badly on ALL Thai women,not just the creature AA that's playing everyone like a fiddle!

Does her Thai boyfriend know of her Farang lover?What if he finds out and the guy catches a bullet through no fault of his own?

At least one of the whores in England has kids.

Does this reflect badly on all mothers in England?

Think not.