Computer Help Please

jaideeguy

My Brittish neighbors have a pc that has been in and out of the shop too many times and 'they' just can't get it fixed. crashes/ blue screen of death over and over again on their relatively new pc with windows xp. if there is anyone in the bo sang/doi saket area that can help them, please contact them directly [annette at 053-840-457] or me thru this forum.

thanks in advance.....

Would I be right in assuming that you are in Chiangmai?

Not that I can help,(sorry) but it will save time for anyone that can.

Can you confirm the general area that your friends live in?

if there is anyone in the Borsang/Doi Saket area that can help them

:o

Would I be right in assuming that you are in Chiangmai?

Not that I can help,(sorry) but it will save time for anyone that can.

Can you confirm the general area that your friends live in?

if there is anyone in the Borsang/Doi Saket area that can help them

:o

I know I know.... why do you keep picking on me Larry ??? trust you to pick that up.. we will have words about this next week :D I cant help it if I cannot read properly. I would get specs , but I dont know who to trust!!!

Edited by ThaiPauly

Yea, thanks Larry for straghtning my location out.....seemed obvious when i posted on CM forum and mentioned bo sang/ doi saket.....or maybe i should have said 'bor sang /doy saket' instead. anyway, hopefully someone can help this poor old lady that is in distress over her pc.

Yea, thanks Larry for straghtning my location out.....seemed obvious when i posted on CM forum and mentioned bo sang/ doi saket.....or maybe i should have said 'bor sang /doy saket'

Yeah, I'm sure that's why he missed it... :o

Edited by Ajarn

When XP keeps crapping out even on a new, fresh installation then it's possible that there's something wrong in the computer itself, i.e. the hardware. Possibly faulty memory, or a power supply that's not working properly, or a fan problem causing overheating, or some (graphics) card not being plugged in properly, etc.

Be sure to run anti malware/adware software too, browse using Firefox and install Microsoft's anti spyware thingy. Here: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...re/default.mspx

Also when reinstalling, make sure to do it from scratch using the CD, not some shop putting their generic disk copy on the disk.

Cheers,

Chanchao

~

Exactly right Chanchao. Unfortunately some of the cheaper computers sold over here (and in the western world) also have either no included system CD or it is a lame copy of XP and not the one that came installed in the system in the first place.

I tried to call Annette a couple of times but no ans; will keep trying. Local diagnostic folks likely do not have the professional diagnostic cards that can check to see if the power supply voltages are within limits which is a frequent problem in areas of the world where electric power is a nightmare of spikes and brownouts. It could be time for a new system, eh? Or the expensive and frustrating routine of component substitution...

thankx alot you guys for the info [and banter]. i'll inform annette that someone out there is thinking about her. they are in and out alot, but mostly home in the morning and evening, so that is the best time to call.

aloha.....