Cholesterol Medications In Thailand

Tony59329

What side effects are there with some of these other brands? I used to use Lipitor (sp) many years ago.... that always produced ummm wet farts bah.gif so have always been hesitant to switching to another brand... I have no problems with side effects with Crestor...

To Mr chiang mai.... I passed on the information, of what I was told on price, .... probably cost them no more to produce ..... so price is the same... coffee1.gif

You might want to check more Pharmacies in CM, a few years back I was quoted around 1100 baht, when I happened to see it in a pharmacy in Krabi.

Edited by samuijimmy

What side effects are there with some of these other brands? I used to use Lipitor (sp) many years ago.... that always produced ummm wet farts bah.gif so have always been hesitant to switching to another brand... I have no problems with side effects with Crestor...

To Mr chiang mai.... I passed on the information, of what I was told on price, .... probably cost them no more to produce ..... so price is the same... coffee1.gif

You might want to check more Pharmacies in CM, a few years back I was quoted around 1100 baht, when I happened to see it in a pharmacy in Krabi.

Side effects vary with the drug (chemical formulation) not the brand.

Lipitor = atorvastatin. Locally made brand of the same thing = Atorsan

Crestor = rosuvastatin, no locally made brand, I think it is still under patent.

These are both statins, but different ones.

• Like 1

Side effects vary with the drug (chemical formulation) not the brand.

Lipitor = atorvastatin. Locally made brand of the same thing = Atorsan

Crestor = rosuvastatin, no locally made brand, I think it is still under patent.

These are both statins, but different ones.

It will be interesting to see blood results after a few months on Rosuvastin. I think statins generally throw the liver profile results out of kilter,come off them and the liver profile returns to normal.Was advised by doctor to reduce statin intake by 50% and with taking Crestor reduction by another 50%,interesting times

Anyway these are the ones purchased last week 5mg strip of 10 @75 baht, 10 mg @105 baht imported from Puero Rico , Gave Crestor a call,confirmed as genuine.

post-170258-0-20783600-1367546771_thumb.

I've been taking 10mg Crestor (Rosuvastin) for five years and I check my AST/ALT (liver function) twice a year, thus far no change over the pre-Crestor days.

Interesting. Was advised using Crestor would lessen statin intake by 50% from previous brand for same resulting LDL/HDL . It is triglycerides that I want to reduce,getting weight off is a priority in that dept.

Bought Orlistat 120 mg while in India too (£4 for a strip of 10) give them a go ,God, I get sick of exercising in this heat too.

I've been taking 10mg Crestor (Rosuvastin) for five years and I check my AST/ALT (liver function) twice a year, thus far no change over the pre-Crestor days.

Interesting. Was advised using Crestor would lessen statin intake by 50% from previous brand for same resulting LDL/HDL . It is triglycerides that I want to reduce,getting weight off is a priority in that dept.

Bought Orlistat 120 mg while in India too (£4 for a strip of 10) give them a go ,God, I get sick of exercising in this heat too.

Triglycerides is more about diet (for me), cut out/down on alcohol which is the biggest culprit next to pastries/cakes/cookies.

• 2 weeks later...

No. But you should always have regular testing done on any such medication and doctor visit is only about 1,000 baht most places so worth using a bit of caution and visiting evey 3-6 months; or as advised; to monitor.

Yes, need to monitor not only blood lipids (to see if the medication is having the desired effect) but also liver enzymes periodically as statins can in some cases cause liver toxicity. Should definitely not newly start on them without baseline liver function tests.

This is a good discussion of the risks and benefits of statin use. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/statin-side-effects/MY00205