Online Dating In Thailand?

TheSpade

The older women upcountry more than likely did their stint in Pattaya.

Most are hookers, balance are scamstersAND hookers.

Im sure there are a few decent women.

But when you whittle down geography, personal preference, known possibilities for trouble - doesn't leave much.

Big waste of time if you are honestly looking for a SO imo. The international sites even worse.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That says more about the expats than the tourists.

The online dating sites are swarming with backwater ladies in their 30's and 40's looking for a decent man. It's not them that are getting the messages though, the young things are swamped by old boys chancing their arms.

Sorry, but are you sure you aren't an old boy chancing your arm?

Anyway, a close friend of mine swears by online dating, but is always disappointed when they turn up.

Usually much older and much weightier than their online profile and photo.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Just for those who might not be so cocksure as the laddie:

Serendipity: (WikiPedia) the accident of finding something good or useful while not specifically searching for it.

Gawd now I'm feeling guilty for having stuck in at school. sad.png

• Like 1

That says more about the expats than the tourists.

The online dating sites are swarming with backwater ladies in their 30's and 40's looking for a decent man. It's not them that are getting the messages though, the young things are swamped by old boys chancing their arms.

Anyway, a close friend of mine swears by online dating, but is always disappointed when they turn up.

ALways use a webcam a few times before meeting up to avoid such things. Everyone has access to one these days, surely.

When i was online dating I had a few women tell me there webcams were broken. I just moved on.

• Like 1

I was working on several long-term stints here in Thailand before I met my now Common Law wife. I was not looking for a long-term relationship and she -- as she does not speak English then or now -- had never even considered partnering up with a farang.

I see nothing wrong with nor have anything against internet relationships -- it's just that the element of serendipity on either side is non-existent.

Serendipity is looking in a haystack for a needle and discovering a farmer’s daughter.

- Julius Comroe Jr.

• Like 1

I was working on several long-term stints here in Thailand before I met my now Common Law wife. I was not looking for a long-term relationship and she -- as she does not speak English then or now -- had never even considered partnering up with a farang.

I see nothing wrong with nor have anything against internet relationships -- it's just that the element of serendipity on either side is non-existent.

Serendipity is looking in a haystack for a needle and discovering a farmer’s daughter.

- Julius Comroe Jr.

SOLD! (Had to look fast)

FarmersDaughter01IrvSpectorPage01.jpg

Edited by JLCrab

Having been a veteran of American dating sites- migrating to an international one was not a big jump... I focused on Badoo dot com and found some very lovely, educated and sophisticated ladies all over Thailand. They are typically 47 to 54 - a good reasonable age for me, well educated, have jobs like school teacher, accountant, school admin officer, nurse, sales broker and such. Most read and write English well and speak and understand English fairly well. Over time - I have met family members, children of various ages, friends and even coworkers and bosses. Some have become valuable friends and others are candidates for marriage.

Bottom line it just take using a little practiced judgement... Ask the right questions - pay attention and see if you get the right answers. If you are just looking for a roll in the hay - then fine - but expect several kinds of problems... If you are looking for a woman who could be wife potential - then act like a gentleman and show that you expect to talk to ladies. If the gal comes across looking for freebies - travel - money and even residency in your home country or exhibits all kinds of drama - then cut them off.

Good Thai Women can be found on places like Badoo - for free ... if you know how.

Edited by JDGRUEN
  • Like 1

I am not sure this notion that all Thais online are hookers or scamsters. The world is changing, internet dating is huge now and I am sure there are a fair amount of hookers and scamsters but I am sure regular women use it too, as is evidenced by the success stories

I think internet dating suits Thailand actually, I can see it being popular for the run-of-the-mill Thai as much as it is for Brits and Yanks

Just see how many of the 'nice' girls have pictures by the seaside... in Pattaya. They also always seem to have at least one snapshot taken in the hotel room. The rest are invariably 'self portraits' taken in the shitters.... replete with pouty faces and v-signs.

Actually many of them have them at RESORTS as this is where the company they work for takes them away once a year for a holiday....... is what I found.

Seems like what they call "an outing" in the Philippines.

Members been around in the Philippines during their more shady days know what that is.

biggrin.png

Just see how many of the 'nice' girls have pictures by the seaside... in Pattaya. They also always seem to have at least one snapshot taken in the hotel room. The rest are invariably 'self portraits' taken in the shitters.... replete with pouty faces and v-signs.

The part that i love is when they online chatting in the middle of the night, but claim to work for company, when asked what they work, the answer is company.

Ok, but what you work? Answer company

I understand company, but what is your job? Answer Companygiggle.gif

So she works for a company but chats every night, all night long. Must be super woman to stay up all night and work for "company" all day

Its very simple, this one gets DELETED, of course you could go down the "pub" and do the same but waste hours of time meeting only the few who are there.

Or you can trawl through thousands at your leisure a few months before coming out, way way easier, cut out the dross first.

Let me tell you more about my Wife.

Before we met I asked her how about where can I change money in BKK, she told me where but also said, if I wanted I could keep it in HER bank acc, remember at this time we hadn't met so alarm bells were ringing for me.

She was though quite genuine and some money did end up in her acc and she gave me her ATM card to use also to get it out even though she knew I was in PHUKET with another girl checking her out on the first 2 weeks of my visit.

She spoke with the 3 other girls who I met and is good friends with 2 of them even now one she sees regularly and w e all go out a few times a year for a meal, celebrate Birthdays etc etc,

The Phuket girl though is not one she speaks to, I think she was quite upset I didn't choose her and I did feel a bit sad for her at the time but best just left alone, a bit too needy for me but still extremely nice.

I hope she found a decent bloke and not some "Frang" dross as there are MANY here from what I see.

What are you on about?

Have u actually met them?

Have met dozens of girls from Thai online dating sites and no problems as of yet. Few secret internet fatties who when turned up were a bit heavier than their photos suggested and a few who latched onto me a bit too quickly and assumed because we'd had one date / sex we were boyfriend and girlfriend but aside from that it's been all good. Never been asked for money or met any girl I suspected of being a hooker. From the start I avoid any suspect girls with dodgy photos or where something doesn't seem right.

met many many many over the years.

90% were hookers

5% were looking for someone to support them and their family, ie hookers

5% were ok, but rather delusional and somewhat crazy

I find when i confirm i live in Thailand, many loose interest

Many use Google translate, so most of what they write makes no sense at all.

Not been my experience at all. There are plenty of hookers on the sites but easily spotted by their photos and what they say on their profile. If all photos are in a club or bar and full of them dressed slutty then don't message them. Even if they do make a big deal on their profile saying they aren't a bar girl and don't message them about sex. Ignored.

Plenty of other girls on there.who are just looking for a boyfriend or a casual fling with a farang.

Never had the Google translate problem, nearly all I've met spoke good English. A surprising amount of hem had lived abroad for work or study at some point. Guessing they got a taste of the white meat and liked it. ;)

heir arms.

ALways use a webcam a few times before meeting up to avoid such things. Everyone has access to one these days, surely.

When i was online dating I had a few women tell me there webcams were broken. I just moved on.

Yeah I try and get on Skype before hand where possible and have a quick video chat.

It's Thailand, You can meet a girl anywhere anytime.

Bus stop, train, supermarket, market, club, cafe, 7/11.

All in a sigle day with a little effort, don't waste your internet time.

In any country you can meet girls anywhere, it's not specific to Thailand but yes it is easy out here as a young farang I have to say.

I work online so I spent most of my day online anyway, may as well use it to my advantage and send out a few messages whilst working. I can work all day, not leave the house, and still have a date lined up for the evening.

I like the fact that it's so easy. Go online, pick out a couple of good looking girls, send message, ask for their Skype / Line / Whatsapp, chat for 20 minutes, ask them to meet me later that night...done.

Easy!!

Some painkilles and less credicard and your possesions later you're f#@##$%G loughing!!!

@SPADE

Its not the photo's that is a give a way but what they write

Looking for farang

Looking for good man to take care me and i take care him.

Looking for man good heart

Looking for man understand me and my family

Am single mom, looking for man good heart take care me and my baby

As for good english-

Me lady Thai

Me lady Thailand stay Thailand

Good conversation

Where you come from

What name you

(MInd you my profile says where i come from)

You not look same people .........(like she knows what all people look likerolleyes.gif )

You like dog?(I have pics of my dogs, doh,)

Why you not hab lady thai, she finit you because you not give she money?

• Like 1

You guys have contrasting stories.

A few years ago, when I was 38, I threw the wife out and started to play about on the internet. .. I could have been out every night of the week.

I never met a incognito bar girl, most were young Bangkok office girls living in single room apartments.

A good percentage of those didnt pass the 3-date rule, meaning after 3 dates and they didnt give it up then they were binned.

I met some cool girls / older ladies with decent job, some were stunners, some drove me around Bangkok in their red plates, took me restaurants, to clubs and introduced me to their friends. These became more friends over time and I still keep in contact with.

Some mutters slipped through the net, maybe they looked younger on their photos, maybe I was having a dull moment, after the first date down at Fuji they needed to beaten back with a stick, insisting they wanted to come back to my apartment to watch a DVD.

Of course if i wanted to make an impression, so I would take them to nice but cheap restaurants, I usually ended up paying the 400B bill, but on a lot of return dates ( around the first of the month ) they would collect the cheque.

After 4 months of it i'd had enough and got the missus back in. I found after all this, I wasnt finding a girlfriend, more that I was continually dating and searching. I never regretted it as i met some nice people and had some good times.

A word of advice, steer clear of the ones in dark sunglasses.

• Like 2

You guys have contrasting stories.

A few years ago, when I was 38, I threw the wife out and started to play about on the internet. .. I could have been out every night of the week.

I never met a incognito bar girl, most were young Bangkok office girls living in single room apartments.

A good percentage of those didnt pass the 3-date rule, meaning after 3 dates and they didnt give it up then they were binned.

I met some cool girls / older ladies with decent job, some were stunners, some drove me around Bangkok in their red plates, took me restaurants, to clubs and introduced me to their friends. These became more friends over time and I still keep in contact with.

Some mutters slipped through the net, maybe they looked younger on their photos, maybe I was having a dull moment, after the first date down at Fuji they needed to beaten back with a stick, insisting they wanted to come back to my apartment to watch a DVD.

Of course if i wanted to make an impression, so I would take them to nice but cheap restaurants, I usually ended up paying the 400B bill, but on a lot of return dates ( around the first of the month ) they would collect the cheque.

After 4 months of it i'd had enough and got the missus back in. I found after all this, I wasnt finding a girlfriend, more that I was continually dating and searching. I never regretted it as i met some nice people and had some good times.

A word of advice, steer clear of the ones in dark sunglasses.

I never realized all those successful rich Thai females were on the market for a foreigner. You must be a real stud muffinthumbsup.gif

My now wife had two years of schooling and after various adventures taught herself English and started finding Farangs for girls willing to pay. (One came by tonight with happy news about her Danish boyfriend). However the stories that she tells me are horrendous. Thais have the same problems as Farangs, all these stories are part of the daily bread of village life here. 10 'Farang' houses here, I am the only guy that is here Year round. The 'girls ' all have a Thai husband that moves in when the guy goes home. Money sent for house improvement is often spent on whisky and playing cards.

All the time, every day I see and hear this stuff.

I have never been so happy in my life as I am now, I certainly don't ask too many questions. My wife no longer does her internet stuff although it is difficult to walk through Buriram without being asked to 'find a Farang'.

We could be earning muchos pesetas if we were to continue but I don't really wish to be a pimp.

They all do 'it' to some extent, not just with Farangs.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Met a nice girl in Bangkok who worked too much so no time for me.

Met a crazy girl who worked at a car dealership. She had no idea what she wanted or how to talk to a guy.

Met a soapy massage girl...yeah! Saw and rode in her brand new Honda Civic before I found out where she worked.

ran into a couple money scammers along the way, but they were pretty easy to spot.

...then met my long-time GF of four years...a university educated graphic designer and website designer. She's been a great companion.

I know I will regret this ... but here goes ... Please be kind ... Okay?

Well Guys ... For all you fellows that just don't believe that there are good female choices can be found in Thailand using dating sites - then here is what I can do for you. I have a dozen or so Thai female friends ages 46-54, all are nice looking, not fat, mostly educated, have a good high level job (not all but most), and over two years time have proven to be a genuine good person. All have pretty good to very good English skills. I have their email address, skype address, LINE address, Viber address, etc. plus several are my Facebook friends So - if you are over 50 up to maybe 70 and are in the market ... I will be glad to introduce you to my friends - on a selective basis. But it you are not a gentleman of good standing - and act like it ... or I would not risk it . I get nothing out of this except the satisfaction of helping these friends find a man ...

My friends: (Please fellows - don't give me a hard time for this ... this is a genuine offer to be helpful to those that may be stuck in a rut - and just can't see how to meet a quality woman). All these ladies were met on badoo or okcupid ... Bottom line - I would be proud to be seen in public with any of these women ... And would be proud that my friends would meet them...

Ta (nickname) tall shapely Bangkok girl - great legs - shop girl, a gal with a genuine good heart - prefers U.K. men (her only drawback - LOL).

Saree ... educated, professional work background - seems to be semi-retired - has a small herb farm west of Lopburi. Delightful woman ... if you want a laid back lifestyle - here 'ya go.

Busara ... cute cute cute energetic Bkk girl, owns a Buddhist religious article / relic shop (inherited from Mom - Busara hates the business) so she sells Life Insurance ... is a member of the Million Dollar Round Table - has traveled abroad extensively with MDRT.

Setthinant (Set) ... Very Nice Looking woman... works at a Badmitten club, owns land she needs help selling - Nonthaburi

Arunee ... Sweet darling gal .. demure and pretty -- Nurse in Nong Khai ... owns a 4 bedroom home - kids are gone. very good English skills.

Tanida ... slim trim elegant looking woman - Nurse in Phatoomthani Great English skills, sophisticated woman.

Sali - Teacher, great English skills, hard worker has a side business - sells fertilizer. Great daughters in University . lives just north east of Bkk not too far

Ticha ... Great Smile, good English, Sales Broker - sign business - still looking great - positive happy personality, brokers car/truck vinyl signs and other advertising - billboards and banners, 1/2 Chinese ... Nonthaburi

Tum - a Top Rated Woman ... intelligent - excellent English - School Teacher in Chonburi. Nice looking - has worked to keep her shape ... she is very selective - high standards ...

I also know a Fillipina (Ding) who lives just north of Bkk that wants me to find her a husband - about age 70 - says she wants to take care of him ... :) She is in her early 50s.. If you like Fillipinas who speaks English and Thai - then her is your ticket....

Well Guys ... For all you fellows that just don't believe that there are good female choices can be found in Thailand using dating sites - then here is what I can do for you. I have a dozen or so Thai female friends ages 46-54, all are nice looking, not fat, mostly educated, have a good high level job (not all but most), and over two years time have proven to be a genuine good person. All have pretty good to very good English skills. I have their email address, skype address, LINE address, Viber address, etc. plus several are my Facebook friends So - if you are over 50 up to maybe 70 and are in the market ... I will be glad to introduce you to my friends - on a selective basis. But it you are not a gentleman of good standing - and act like it ... or I would not risk it . I get nothing out of this except the satisfaction of helping these friends find a man ...

My friends: (Please fellows - don't give me a hard time for this ... this is a genuine offer to be helpful to those that may be stuck in a rut - and just can't see how to meet a quality woman). All these ladies were met on badoo or okcupid ... Bottom line - I would be proud to be seen in public with any of these women ... And would be proud that my friends would meet them...

Ta (nickname) tall shapely Bangkok girl - great legs - shop girl, a gal with a genuine good heart - prefers U.K. men (her only drawback - LOL).

Saree ... educated, professional work background - seems to be semi-retired - has a small herb farm west of Lopburi. Delightful woman ... if you want a laid back lifestyle - here 'ya go.

Busara ... cute cute cute energetic Bkk girl, owns a Buddhist religious article / relic shop (inherited from Mom - Busara hates the business) so she sells Life Insurance ... is a member of the Million Dollar Round Table - has traveled abroad extensively with MDRT.

Setthinant (Set) ... Very Nice Looking woman... works at a Badmitten club, owns land she needs help selling - Nonthaburi

Arunee ... Sweet darling gal .. demure and pretty -- Nurse in Nong Khai ... owns a 4 bedroom home - kids are gone. very good English skills.

Tanida ... slim trim elegant looking woman - Nurse in Phatoomthani Great English skills, sophisticated woman.

Sali - Teacher, great English skills, hard worker has a side business - sells fertilizer. Great daughters in University . lives just north east of Bkk not too far

Ticha ... Great Smile, good English, Sales Broker - sign business - still looking great - positive happy personality, brokers car/truck vinyl signs and other advertising - billboards and banners, 1/2 Chinese ... Nonthaburi

Tum - a Top Rated Woman ... intelligent - excellent English - School Teacher in Chonburi. Nice looking - has worked to keep her shape ... she is very selective - high standards ...

I also know a Fillipina (Ding) who lives just north of Bkk that wants me to find her a husband - about age 70 - says she wants to take care of him ... smile.png She is in her early 50s.. If you like Fillipinas who speaks English and Thai - then her is your ticket....

Do you have anyone 25-35 without 2 kids and sick papa and papa?

I am only in my 30's so not really into dating women my moms age

• Like 1

I also know a Fillipina (Ding) who lives just north of Bkk that wants me to find her a husband - about age 70 - says she wants to take care of him ... smile.png She is in her early 50s.. If you like Fillipinas who speaks English and Thai - then her is your ticket....

Do you have anyone 25-35 without 2 kids and sick papa and papa?

I am only in my 30's so not really into dating women my moms

I understand ... but I only put effort into meeting women closer to my age bracket ... There are plenty of young gals on badoo -- but I don't talk to them ...