Online Dating In Thailand?

TheSpade

I've met three or four ladies via the net ( can't be bothered straining my brain to remember ) one was wild, gorgeous and fantastic but she had to go as she was just too wild, she's in the happy memory bank though.

I met one that I suspect was a hooker playing a long game, and the others I met were decent women but just not for me.

Reading your various posts over the last few weeks, you really are are worry! What the <deleted>---K are you about!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really nice to hear some success stories.

I wonder why so many are so quick to mention "and never asks me for money"

and/or "is not a bar girl".

Thai's are up front about money and to a large extent, you know what you are getting in to at the start.

In the west you may find out later during the divorce, just how expensive that ride was!

I recommend that folk intending to take on a long term relationship with a Thai seek out and buy the book Thailand Fever. It's written in English and Thai and is a great starting point to learn the ways here and see the differences between a western upbringing and an eastern one. The differences in culture between east and west really are 180°apart and the sooner you learn what the differences are and how important they are, the sooner you will have a happy story to tell.

On the other hand, try downloading Stephen Leathers eBook Private Dancer. It's free. The story has become frighteningly true for a number of westerners and it is a story about a young man and his bar girl friend.

Good luck with your quest and may you soon have a happy story to tell.

Thai's are up front about money and to a large extent, you know what you are getting in to at the start.

In the west you may find out later during the divorce, just how expensive that ride was!

I recommend that folk intending to take on a long term relationship with a Thai seek out and buy the book Thailand Fever. It's written in English and Thai and is a great starting point to learn the ways here and see the differences between a western upbringing and an eastern one. The differences in culture between east and west really are 180°apart and the sooner you learn what the differences are and how important they are, the sooner you will have a happy story to tell.

On the other hand, try downloading Stephen Leathers eBook Private Dancer. It's free. The story has become frighteningly true for a number of westerners and it is a story about a young man and his bar girl friend.

clap2.gif You suggesting for expats to read a book about relationship with a hookercheesy.gif

clap2.gif You suggesting for expats to read a book about relationship with a hookercheesy.gif

Indeed, Private Dancer is very informative.

I get the impression that many come here and behave rather like a child in a sweet shop - spoiled for choice and a millionaire for the duration of their stay. Many are only interested in the "roll in the hay" and why not - up to them, those services abound here.

However, many come with only a romantic notion of what to expect, have done no research, are wearing their "holiday head" and jump in where others fear to tread.

The far east is a dangerous place not to keep your wits about you.

This thread has been really great in that some good advice has been given along with some nice stories and not so nice ones.

But this is TVF so there are always those who want to make a joke about everything, and why not?

Sometimes I must admit that I really do Laugh Out Loud at some of the posts.

My wife sometimes asks me what I am laughing at and we share the story and the moment.

Keep it coming lads n lasses!

I like the fact that it's so easy. Go online, pick out a couple of good looking girls, send message, ask for their Skype / Line / Whatsapp, chat for 20 minutes, ask them to meet me later that night...done.

did the same for years, some start to get wise after they dated around 50 farangs,

Did you notice how they always ask how long you been here? I always answer 2 months but it means you have to hide the car or the motocyc and speak zero thai,

@Lemonheart .. Jeez, You come across a bit bitter with your posts.

There a few "success" posts here, maybe we just put a bit of effort in which paid off.

I think first you need to learn how to read, to get the name correct before you start to pass judgementsrolleyes.gif

Yes, i am sure it is indeed, when i start to look for a hooker on internet, as there are not enough in the bars

my experience: 30% hookers or freelance, 20% students, 5% psycho or desperate women, 20% office girls, 5% Mature women (<deleted>), 10 % sponsored and the guy is out of town, the rest just playing with another social media to show what they eat, that they have a tiny dog, that they love their friends and family...

Like I saw earlier some "office" girls message who at 3 am, or pose in bikini in their rooms where obviously there's no sea, sound fishy. There's no general rules, some good some bad experience: some have the buffalo dying 3 times per year, some get married and happy life.

Thai women are easy going, and very friendly. Get a drink in bar will be a much better experience to me.

Used it 7 years ago for 1 month, met the best woman in the world been married 6 years NO problems at all she actually SUPPORTS me, earns 200k + a month.

hahaha doing what?

I'd be curious how many thai girls makes 200k with legit business. I know bunch of them with salary from 20k to 90k max, but 200k really curious.

Some painkilles and less credicard and your possesions later you're f#@##$%G loughing!!!

I speak English only. Sorry.

@SPADE

Its not the photo's that is a give a way but what they write

Looking for farang

Looking for good man to take care me and i take care him.

Looking for man good heart

Looking for man understand me and my family

Am single mom, looking for man good heart take care me and my baby

As for good english-

Me lady Thai

Me lady Thailand stay Thailand

Good conversation

Where you come from

What name you

(MInd you my profile says where i come from)

You not look same people .........(like she knows what all people look likerolleyes.gif )

You like dog?(I have pics of my dogs, doh,)

Why you not hab lady thai, she finit you because you not give she money?

Yeah those ones too but with many girls one look at her photos tells me all I need to know. It's funny when the girls who are obvious bar girls based on the way they dress, where their photos are taken etc plaster all over their profile "No bargirl, no ask for sex".. Yeah sure you're not.

You guys have contrasting stories.

A few years ago, when I was 38, I threw the wife out and started to play about on the internet. .. I could have been out every night of the week.

I never met a incognito bar girl, most were young Bangkok office girls living in single room apartments.

A good percentage of those didnt pass the 3-date rule, meaning after 3 dates and they didnt give it up then they were binned.

I met some cool girls / older ladies with decent job, some were stunners, some drove me around Bangkok in their red plates, took me restaurants, to clubs and introduced me to their friends. These became more friends over time and I still keep in contact with.

Some mutters slipped through the net, maybe they looked younger on their photos, maybe I was having a dull moment, after the first date down at Fuji they needed to beaten back with a stick, insisting they wanted to come back to my apartment to watch a DVD.

Of course if i wanted to make an impression, so I would take them to nice but cheap restaurants, I usually ended up paying the 400B bill, but on a lot of return dates ( around the first of the month ) they would collect the cheque.

After 4 months of it i'd had enough and got the missus back in. I found after all this, I wasnt finding a girlfriend, more that I was continually dating and searching. I never regretted it as i met some nice people and had some good times.

A word of advice, steer clear of the ones in dark sunglasses.

3 date rule? I have a one date rule and 90% of the time I have them in my bed on the first night, if I don't then I rarely bother to see them again. I use the same routine for every single date. Meet 8:30pm-9pm and go to a bar (to avoid dinner) then bar hop for a couple hours and oh so conveniently end up in a bar near my apartment near the end of the date, what a coincidence. wink.png

I never take them to nice restaurants or fancy bars. Just standard Thai student style bars (most of the girls I meet are under 30 and usually under 25) so they'll be used to these places I guess.

Have met a couple of 30+ girls as well who gave me similar treatment to you, picking me up in their cars and driving me around treating me to drinks and dinner. Think they must get off on roughing it with a farang every now and then.

I've found a lot will be willing to contribute towards the tab or at least get some drinks in an attempt to convey they aren't just after your money. Some don't offer at all though.

Did you notice how they always ask how long you been here? I always answer 2 months but it means you have to hide the car or the motocyc and speak zero thai,

Yeah they love to get their hands on you when you first arrive. I've 'just arrived in Bangkok' for a long time now. wink.png

Edited by TheSpade
  • Like 1

Well I must be a lucky one ,,,I met my wife on line 6 yrs ago ,she had a good job ,18 yrs with one company , we met every time I came to thailand and chatted every night when she got home from work ,married 2 yrs ago and she now lives with me on the Gold Coast and hasnt stopped working since the day she got here .I am 65 she is 38. A wonderfull girl ,I am the happiest I have ever been and will move to live in Thailand in 2 years .To all those guys who keep trying to find a g/f in a bar ,,,you can take the girl out of the bar but you cant take the bar out of the girl .I have also met plenty as I have been to Thailand 38 times over the last 9 years but I met at least 12 girls who had normal jobs and 4 were fantastic normal girls ,,very hard choice ,,,they are out there to meet ,,just takes a little time and patience ,,,,good luck boys

• Like 2

I am with you on this ColinNiel. I did the same. Landed a princess. Own house, car, business. Superb morals and all round fantastic lady. Been together over 2 years and we will marry in July. I feel so sorry for all the guys you hear getting ripped off but as the saying goes " you can take the lady from the bar but can never take the bar from the lady". Once a scammer and too lazy to do a proper job then will always be too lazy to be any good. Easier to lay on their back than get up in the morning to go to a real job. But go for internet dating but be selective and communicate for a while and try and get to understand their thinking, if thats possible with a woman 555.

I can happily say that I met my wife of two years through a Thai dating site. She had some corny lines in her text but we met when I was on a holiday there after talking from time to time over a year through the site. She's the best thing that ever happened to me. She's an industrial engineer who supports herself and has never asked anything of me other than the Sin Sod when we were married and her family then built a house for us on the family property.

There are definitely genuine women out there as there are everywhere in the world they're just few and far between so you just need to look properly.

Used it 7 years ago for 1 month, met the best woman in the world been married 6 years NO problems at all she actually SUPPORTS me, earns 200k + a month.

hahaha doing what?

I'd be curious how many thai girls makes 200k with legit business. I know bunch of them with salary from 20k to 90k max, but 200k really curious.

200k is a bad month , a very bad month but lets just keep to the illusion they are all whores and its the only way they can earn money.

It's Thailand, You can meet a girl anywhere anytime.

Bus stop, train, supermarket, market, club, cafe, 7/11.

All in a sigle day with a little effort, don't waste your internet time.

Try it from your home country is the point I'm making here if you don't live in Thailand its a LOT easier, spoke to mine for about 4 months before coming out to Thailand.

My now wife had two years of schooling and after various adventures taught herself English and started finding Farangs for girls willing to pay. (One came by tonight with happy news about her Danish boyfriend). However the stories that she tells me are horrendous. Thais have the same problems as Farangs, all these stories are part of the daily bread of village life here. 10 'Farang' houses here, I am the only guy that is here Year round. The 'girls ' all have a Thai husband that moves in when the guy goes home. Money sent for house improvement is often spent on whisky and playing cards.

All the time, every day I see and hear this stuff.

I have never been so happy in my life as I am now, I certainly don't ask too many questions. My wife no longer does her internet stuff although it is difficult to walk through Buriram without being asked to 'find a Farang'.

We could be earning muchos pesetas if we were to continue but I don't really wish to be a pimp.

They all do 'it' to some extent, not just with Farangs.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Actually they don't "all" do it, just the ones where you seem to be do it, must be some real high class women near you by the sounds of it.

Yes, i am sure it is indeed, when i start to look for a hooker on internet, as there are not enough in the bars

You rather miss the point, not everything is as it seems in the LoS. Have you read this book?

You use the term hooker freely, how would you describe the many western female celebs who marry and divorce in short time?

Edited by laislica

I am a 75 year old Canadian living in Chiang Mai met a wonderful girl from Chiang Rai. After two really bad relationships I finally struck gold. She is funny fun loving looks after me does not drink or smoke or party. Yes I give her a living allowance but she is good with money. I just hope after I pass she meets a good man who appreciates all her qualities.

• Like 2

You rather miss the point, not everything is as it seems in the LoS. Have you read this book?

You use the term hooker freely, how would you describe the many western female celebs who marry and divorce in short time?

They do not take all of his money, do not marry someone double or triple their age, and do not ask for him to buy houses for mama, papa, brother and soi dog

They do not take all of his money, do not marry someone double or triple their age, and do not ask for him to buy houses for mama, papa, brother and soi dog

Halfwits

I use it and have met two that I have dated.

There are many single women out there and I'm looking for other options as many still don't use it.

And looking for other good dating sites.

What are some good dating sites?

Idiot or undesirable do internet dating in Thailand. Since it is so easy to find girls here

Some of us don't like banging bar girls though. ;)

No I agree it is easy to find girls in Thailand (and I mean regular girls not hookers) if you're willing to get out and about during the day and chat girls up at the mall and so on. It's not going to stop me switching my computer when I'm already online anyway and lining up some easy dates though.

I use it and have met two that I have dated.
There are many single women out there and I'm looking for other options as many still don't use it.
And looking for other good dating sites.
What are some good dating sites?[

This is a response to you Nowisee ... but I am using it as a general advice piece for others ... I hope you don't mind...

As I have mentioned before - badoo.com is a very good site. Badoo has a good interface and features - but most of all it has lots of Thai women of all ages who are very active - on line a lot. And this is the secret. To be effective a dating site MUST have a 'who is on line now' feature by one name or another. A site can boast of having hundreds of thousands of members - but if you cannot determine who is active and on line and when they were last active... It matters little how many members they have. You can't date 'deadwood' that only signs in every three months.

Okcupid.com is well 'Ok' but not near as good as badoo. Okcupid's layout, design and system use is a bit clunky - but there are definitely Thai women there.

Thailovelinks.com is good - if you don't mind paying a fee. It has a truck load of women - but I don't know if that is good or bad... could be deadwood... Thailovelinks has a much different usage layout but for some reason ... while I got plenty of inquiries and feedback and even that the fee is not so bad - I just went back to badoo.

Another secret is with a bit of finesse and patience - move the conversation to Skype video as soon as you can get her comfortable - but don't push it too hard. This will dispel the wondering - did she use 10 year old photos, or her younger sister's photos or is she really a ladyboy (not that you can tell precisely - but you can check for the Adam's apple, and other signs such as voice inflections and mannerisms - but even then - who knows? - But it is better than trusting still photos). Also - you might have a spare (alt) Facebook page you can invite her to with a modicum of your understanding friends. Then you can inspect her FB pages and see if she has most of the membership of Thaivisa.com on it. Also - if you are not in Thailand yet or come and go for long periods of time - use a Thailand city / address on your profile. That way when the woman is searching or browsing Thailand - your face pops up. If you are wishing to lure a gal to your home country - then use that address - but be prepared to do most of the searching and contacting yourself - few will find you with an out of
Thailand address.

Note: I don't know if the paid sites also charge Thai women or not. But badoo and okcupid do not charge ... And I have not seen any signs of any difference of quality of women whether the site has a fee or not.

One other thing about on line dating in Thailand versus actually trying to make contact 'in person' at some venue in Thailand ... is that the Thai woman - by virtue of putting herself on the dating site has made an open statement that she is approachable. In Thai society - that can be a good thing - to not have any doubt about that factor. If you are on a dating site - then you are saying to all concerned - I am ready, willing and able to meet someone.. I'm available... Now, some gals fool themselves and get on the site only to act like an old maid and is doing nothing more than taking up space, but the vast majority are not acting this way.

Also - if the gal has only one photo and not much written in the profile - then I pass her by - and maybe look to see if she expands her profile and adds more photos later. There are just too many that do it the right way to waste time on those that do it the wrong way. Bottom Line - you get what you look for on a dating site... if she looks and acts the part of a lady - then she is likely a lady - but use the axiom - Trust but Verify. And - Guys - watch your language - don't say things to these women that you wouldn't say to your sister or mother. I find that politeness, a gentlemanly approach, a civil tongue, goes a long way with Thai women - mainly because they don't get this kind of treatment from Thai men. And the more Thai language you speak the better and the more you're willing to be patient and teach them more English the better things will go. You can turn it into a fun game going back and forth helping each other with language - patiently.
Edited by JDGRUEN

It's Thailand, You can meet a girl anywhere anytime.Bus stop, train, supermarket, market, club, cafe, 7/11.All in a sigle day with a little effort, don't waste your internet time.

I don't waste any time on the Internet dating sites. I ensure that every girl I engage with for more than 50 words eventually wishes to perform coitus with me.

Whilst on the subject though it does bother me when some girls write an essay for an opening gambit. 'Please read everything in my profile before say hi me' ...yawn

I do also like to pick up randoms in shopping malls too but the Internet side is a good way to pass my time when I'm back in farang land.

Edited by wellred

I've met three or four ladies via the net ( can't be bothered straining my brain to remember ) one was wild, gorgeous and fantastic but she had to go as she was just too wild, she's in the happy memory bank though.

I met one that I suspect was a hooker playing a long game, and the others I met were decent women but just not for me.

I think that sums it up nicely. Connecting via social websites should be viewed as a way of making contact with potential new friends and possibe relationships. Care needs to be taken as with anything else. Some will be nice and decent, but may not work out; others may meet their future partner.

Some whores use the sights to attract potential clients and are up front about it. The more dangerous ones are the ones playing the longer game, which are more subtle and not so obvious.

As with all things - there's good and bad. Choose which sites you use and the people you meet carefully. But, there are many nice stories out there from very happy couples too.

• Like 1