Visiting Thai Prisoners Near Cm?

DavidMavec

Does anyone know if Bob that owned Spanky's is in the local prison? I always meant to visit him, but there was a rumor going around that he had been transfered to America.

How about the guy who owned Pickles? Has he gone to court yet?

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Bob that owned Spanky's is in the local prison? I always meant to visit him, but there was a rumor going around that he had been transfered to America.

I heard from a reliable source that Bob is doing his time here in C.M. I believe he got 8 years. That was a rumor about him going to America. I too, would like to visit him some time. He wasn't a bad guy; only foolish.

I don't know the guy from Pickles but I read the charges were dropped against him. Self-defense or something...

Guy's rotting away in prison and you don't bother to visit cause you're not sure about a rumor regarding his location??

• Like 1

Yes, you can visit prisoners. You can contact your embassy for more details about visiting nationals of your own country.

There are also some organisations and I have seen some websites with more information about visiting prisoners in Thailand. Do an internet search.

I was wondering about how that guy was able to return to America. So he really didn't?

I heard from a reliable source that Bob is doing his time here in C.M. I believe he got 8 years. That was a rumor about him going to America. I too, would like to visit him some time. He wasn't a bad guy; only foolish.

I don't know the guy from Pickles but I read the charges were dropped against him. Self-defense or something...

Edited by venturalaw

Heard the Pickles guy is in jail waiting for his court case.

I was wondering about how that guy was able to return to America. So he really didn't?

>

No he is here. I've talked to a guy who has visited him a couple of times. He's teaching English to the Thai inmates. Doing well I am told. They would not let him return to America. His case was very serious. I am not clear as to the length of his sentence and the guy who visited him isn't either. Thought he may have said 8 years but then he thought that was wrong.

A few years back I use to visit a Thai in the male prison. It was not a problem.

But I did need the full name of the inmate, and I also had to provide ID (either my Thai drivers licence or my passport).

There was always quite some delay, as the inmate had to be notified, and presented.

One can also take some food for them which would be subject to search (but best if purchased on site at a shop run by

the govenor (or someone else that gets the tea money), or you can make a small

cash deposit into the inmates prison account (again run by the establishment) where they can buy

goods like food suplements, soap, shampoo, etc.(Oh and to pay off their minders)

I am sure the same would apply to the womens prison.

To see how they are treated is gut wrenching, but its a great morale boast for them to get

a visitor

I all can so is GO, and do a good deed

Guy's rotting away in prison and you don't bother to visit cause you're not sure about a rumor regarding his location??

The guy who owned Pickles was still in jail the last time I dropped in there for a delicious cheese melt. His wife was still running it and closing on Mondays to go visit him.

Apparently he had been given some sort of parole or some thing along that line and broke the conditions on it.

As I say that was about six months ago and the prison was not easy to get into as it sat on top of a hill and you had to walk up to it.

Who knows he may be out now. I would imagine she is still running the place as she was the cook and needs to make money to eat. The food is very good.

edit

I think his wife said he had a ten year sentence.

Edited by hellodolly

The guy who owned Pickles was still in jail the last time I dropped in there for a delicious cheese melt. His wife was still running it and closing on Mondays to go visit him.

Apparently he had been given some sort of parole or some thing along that line and broke the conditions on it.

As I say that was about six months ago and the prison was not easy to get into as it sat on top of a hill and you had to walk up to it.

Who knows he may be out now. I would imagine she is still running the place as she was the cook and needs to make money to eat. The food is very good.

edit

Your saying the fella is making cheese melts in jail ? how much does he charge ?

• Like 2

kids haven't broken the law.

Like everyone in jail is guilty, not there on a trumped-up charge or a victim of circumstance.

Well, to be fair, this is Thailand, not the USA.

You can have a little more confidence here that people aren't there just for some money making slave trade kind of spiel, or for officials to appear tough on crime and gain votes that way.

edit

Your saying the fella is making cheese melts in jail ? how much does he charge ?

Not what I said but you might go to the jail and let us know.

Frankly I don't think he is making them there as I said his wife was the cook and was still running pickles. Her's were good if this was a hamburger chain I would rate them in the top two.

• Like 1

For few thousand THB you can have your enemy or just someone who annoys you or got the girl you were in love with locked up for many years, really no big deal here and you can keep your hand clean ! So imagine how many innocents there are in jail, a lot.

For few thousand THB you can have your enemy or just someone who annoys you or got the girl you were in love with locked up for many years, really no big deal here and you can keep your hand clean ! So imagine how many innocents there are in jail, a lot.

Wow, that's shocking, can you show us the proof of this, Id be very interested to read it.

edit

Is he a fool he gets parole and then breaks the conditions of it.So back to prison do not pass go as they say in a famous board game.

edit

Is he a fool he gets parole and then breaks the conditions of it.So back to prison do not pass go as they say in a famous board game.

I think the original charge was murder connected with a pool game.

Some people drink to much and it gets in the way of common sense occasionally.