Honda Dealerships They Just Don't Get It.

negreanu

This attitude/thinking: "Oh a Farang buying a car we can make a killing here...Somchai go get the CRV were off to ratchada tonight"

No your right it never happens not just in the car industry.

It's interesting that one's love of Thailand really does cloud their view on reality. The statement was made in jest. Lets all live in the happy version of stevennl Thailand where there is no wrong, no corruption, no manipulation.

Or since you fail to see the humour we could analyse my statement made in jest:

1. Somchai - common thai name

2. Very possible the dealer salesman has a CRV or his colleague does, Honda dealership after-all.

3. A LOT of Thai's enjoy a night out in Ratchada from all social classes frequently! (Especially after they make some money or just after payday)

4. It is known by Thai's that foreigners are shall we say easy to separate from large sums of money (Just read Thaivisa for some examples - daily posts) and SOME thai's like to exploit that.

So in fact my statement or attitude as you like to call it is very plausible, Agreed? biggrin.pngwai.gif

No, that statement was not made in jest, don't try to wiggle out of it now.

So yes, with that attitude (see also your previous post) you'll encounter many more injustices to your person.

Edited by stevenl

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'll encounter many more injustices to your person.

Been here a longtime mate, and very successful here. I'll let you know when a injustice occurs due to my "Attitude" as you like to call it.

(Even my Thai colleagues reading over my shoulder are laughing at your seriousness!)

- Actually I kind of stole the line from my Thai colleague and close friend who stated when it happened "They probably need cash for Ratchada on Friday"...... ...... no further comments...

Edited by negreanu

Been here a longtime mate, and very successful here. I'll let you know when a injustice occurs due to my "Attitude" as you like to call it.

(Even my Thai colleagues reading over my shoulder are laughing at your seriousness!) - Actually I kind of stole the line from my Thai colleague and close friend who stated when it happened "They probably need cash for Ratchada on Friday"

No need for that, you were already complaining about one here.

What? Re-Read the posts.

I am not complaining about an injustice. I am complaining about bad customer service from Honda...... (Which by the way was not caused by ANY ATTITUDE). Just their unprofessionalism and general bad service.

Edited by negreanu

I am with the op here.

Bad customer service , complain.

Injustice complain.

Just because you are a foreigner you don't need to bend to far with the wind.

Do it the Thai way? No do it the right way, just be polite.

I don't see anybody here saying that if encountered bad service one should not complain.

So the OP complained and got what he wanted, good for him.

I am with the op here.

Bad customer service , complain.

Injustice complain.

Just because you are a foreigner you don't need to bend to far with the wind.

Do it the Thai way? No do it the right way, just be polite.

I don't see anybody here saying that if encountered bad service one should not complain.

So the OP complained and got what he wanted, good for him.

So what would you do.?.Roll Over.?. Lost Me there.coffee1.gif

I read all sorts of horror stories on Thai forums. The farang has lost his shirt to the evil Thai wife, needs cash to return home......etc.

Well I have a Thai partner who gets 10.000 baht a month from me. But she earns every satang! She works for me in our business 200+ hours a month, cooks at least one meal a day and keeps the condo clean and tidy and never complains about anything except when I abuse dumb ass Thai drivers or riders out on the road.

Last year when a new tractor was needed up the farm I offered to put in 50.000 baht to help. Mar said no, she didn't want my money! I offered to pay for the new grass slasher (23K baht) but no por has that covered. So I put in zip! So much for the evil mother-in-law sucking me dry!

Either I have a real diamond as a partner, among a multitude of evil little brown fairies or a lot of the farang sob stories are brought about by men who are gullible or just plain stupid or unlucky or all 3!

"My girl is different", ( or is she is playing the long game ? ) Sir, this is the "motor forum", so if you want to start slobbering about " YOUR GIRL", try the another forum. Lets keep this thread about motors. btw, where did you meet her ?

I read all sorts of horror stories on Thai forums. The farang has lost his shirt to the evil Thai wife, needs cash to return home......etc.

Well I have a Thai partner who gets 10.000 baht a month from me. But she earns every satang! She works for me in our business 200+ hours a month, cooks at least one meal a day and keeps the condo clean and tidy and never complains about anything except when I abuse dumb ass Thai drivers or riders out on the road.

Last year when a new tractor was needed up the farm I offered to put in 50.000 baht to help. Mar said no, she didn't want my money! I offered to pay for the new grass slasher (23K baht) but no por has that covered. So I put in zip! So much for the evil mother-in-law sucking me dry!

Either I have a real diamond as a partner, among a multitude of evil little brown fairies or a lot of the farang sob stories are brought about by men who are gullible or just plain stupid or unlucky or all 3!

"My girl is different", ( or is she is playing the long game ? ) Sir, this is the "motor forum", so if you want to start slobbering about " YOUR GIRL", try the another forum. Lets keep this thread about motors. btw, where did you meet her ?

dont let thase negative <deleted> spoil your fun. dumb shits who grapped bar girl and think she ows them .fat old slobs with bit of money think they are big life saviours. that's the reason they can't find love. "btw where did youmeet her?" that is a kind of <deleted> who get's ripped off!

I ordered a Christmas Turkey (in the UK), went to pick it up, the butcher said ''Sorry your Turkey had cancer''................................cheesy.gif ............................Hmmmmmmmm, must go to Tesco's now. laugh.png

This is TRUE. w00t.gif

I think I'd be grateful to the butcher for so advising me.

Wonder how he was able to come to that conclusion?

I ordered a Christmas Turkey (in the UK), went to pick it up, the butcher said ''Sorry your Turkey had cancer''................................cheesy.gif ............................Hmmmmmmmm, must go to Tesco's now. laugh.png

This is TRUE. w00t.gif

I think I'd be grateful to the butcher for so advising me.

Wonder how he was able to come to that conclusion?

It was an Irish Turkey, they look forward to Christmas

Well here's another point re Hxxxx.

For 12 years in Bangkok I had excellent service from several Hxxxx service centres, especially the one on Si Ayuthaya Road in Phya Thai.

Now in CM, tried two service centres, and seriously / totally disappointed with both.

(And not a language problem because my adult Thai son (native Thai speaker) always with me.)

(Even my Thai colleagues reading over my shoulder are laughing at your seriousness!)

Then stop whining and taking peoples time just for this stupid 40k pocket money and go make your wife satisfied for a while - until the neighbors get a new car again. Solved.

And when it comes to Thai's generally, in business dealings at least, I find them reasonable to deal with if not as flexible with price as are the Chinese.

I guess it's their way. Set a price and stick with it even when I walk away from a 300.000 or 400.000 baht deal.

Very interesting that you have such a nice Thai family but what's it got to do with this "Honda" thread?

It has some bearing regarding Thai Family, they can cause confusion for Sales Staff. A ferangs better of going into any Car Showroom alone.. they soon find a translator when the $ sign flashes.coffee1.gif . Shut up and Leave moderating to the Mods,or be one.

And when it comes to Thai's generally, in business dealings at least, I find them reasonable to deal with if not as flexible with price as are the Chinese.

I guess it's their way. Set a price and stick with it even when I walk away from a 300.000 or 400.000 baht deal.

Very interesting that you have such a nice Thai family but what's it got to do with this "Honda" thread?

Not much by the look of it! It's OK, I tend to drift off now and then!

When it comes to Honda cars I've had 4 back in Oz with no complaints, no problems to deal with...so I am guessing miss-communication may be the root cause of many problems we farang have here. It's a global company....one company with one philosophy after all.

What? Re-Read the posts.

I am not complaining about an injustice. I am complaining about bad customer service from Honda...... (Which by the way was not caused by ANY ATTITUDE). Just their unprofessionalism and general bad service.

Think you can chuck Toyota, Isuzu and ford into the mix, from my recent trips to buy a new pick up decided to give up dealing with the so called sales people, the ones that really hack me off are the dolly birds who know jack about the product they are supposed to be selling and what finance deals are on offer. A lot of them don't even have the car & trucks to show or test drive.

What? Re-Read the posts.

Think you can chuck Toyota, Isuzu and ford into the mix, from my recent trips to buy a new pick up decided to give up dealing with the so called sales people, the ones that really hack me off are the dolly birds who know jack about the product they are supposed to be selling and what finance deals are on offer. A lot of them don't even have the car & trucks to show or test drive.

"A lot of them don't even have the car & trucks to show or test drive." That's what p1sses me off the most. Who wants to spend a million baht, or more, on something you haven't had the chance to drive.

I can see the point of a test drive in a Car or SUV, but all trucks here are the same unless you want to split hairs.coffee1.gif

Well I don't have any hair on my head, but I have lots everywhere else!

Honda do trade in's? The impression I got was that they have contacts at a few local tents and regurgitate the price they are given from the guy at the tent.

Sell directly to a tent - not the dealer. Our honda dealer offered us 10K less than the tent up the road.

Honda do trade in's? The impression I got was that they have contacts at a few local tents and regurgitate the price they are given from the guy at the tent.

Sell directly to a tent - not the dealer. Our honda dealer offered us 10K less than the tent up the road.

The price probably came from the tent up the road and 10k was slapped on for good measure.