Cnx-?

calibanjr.

I always go to Yangon - 6300 baht return + 1500 for Burma visa 28 days - go Sunday return Thursday. Visa appliacation on Monday get it on Tuesday, Wednesday is then left for shopping . . . Hotel 20 usd per night in the centre. A great and very inexpensive 5 days out. It is a bit of a culture shock however Yangon . . . Just got my new non-immigrant 0 with multiple entries.

Edited by Sangsom

The CNX flight to Vientiane stops in Luang Prabang. A much cheaper, although more complicated, alternative for Vientiane is to fly Nok Air (on Friday and Sunday only) to Udon Thani for 1200B. Catch one of the vans right outside the terminal to Nong Khai for 200B. From there a tuk-tuk gets you to the Friendship Bridge. It's still another 20km to Vientiane but there are frequent songthieuws and buses.

El Jefe, you mentioned the Vientiane flight stops in Luang Prabang, can you get a 90 day Visa in Luang Prabang ?

I've never tried but I really doubt it. i don't think there's a Thai embassy in LP.

I always go to Yangon - 6300 baht return + 1500 for Burma visa 28 days - go Sunday return Thursday. Visa appliacation on Monday get it on Tuesday, Wednesday is then left for shopping . . . Hotel 20 usd per night in the centre. A great and very inexpensive 5 days out. It is a bit of a culture shock however Yangon . . . Just got my new non-immigrant 0 with multiple entries.

Which hotel?

I stay most of the time in The City Star Hotel near Sule Pagoda right in the center. They have a website http://www.citystarhotel.com where you can make a reservation on line. Everything is always handled very correctly! Pickup from the airport is also a possibility (12 usd with very good airco car or otherwise take a taxi for about 4-6 usd with open window airco)

I stay most of the time in The City Star Hotel near Sule Pagoda right in the center. They have a website http://www.citystarhotel.com where you can make a reservation on line. Everything is always handled very correctly! Pickup from the airport is also a possibility (12 usd with very good airco car or otherwise take a taxi for about 4-6 usd with open window airco)

Heard that twice weekly flights to/from Hong Kong starting in June with a Hong Kong carrier...........another option. :o

I'm curious about this new flight to Hong Kong... any more info? (ie airline?)

Also, China Airlines has a direct flight to Taipei three times per week from Chiang Mai.

Try www.hongkongexpress.com

It will not show up yet on the schedule as it does not start till 22nd June on Thurs and Sun

:o

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard about possible flights from CNX to Dehli or Mumbai? It was announced briefly somewhere on Air Sahara planned routes. (India's Budget Airlines)

Could not get a confirmation about this but it would be nice to fly into Dehli from Chiang Mai.

Curious..... " Visa appliacation on Monday get it on Tuesday, Wednesday" I assxume that this is the new Thai visa.... Where do you get the Burma Visa.... Is it visa on arrival or do have to send away for it, or is there an interest section here in CM... also what airline ?

Gonzo