Not What I Expected

jjrbus

Guest IT Manager
The sense of humor keeps me sane in the cruel world :o

The sarcasm ... hmm ... helps me progess in the self-actualization process ?!? :D (Sorry Maslow ... I really use sarcasm to climb the hierarchy)

But back to the subject ...

I do agree with Bluecat ... to some extent ... that some Thai women have this hidden expectation (of farang men being rich(er)) so they will be benefitted from his wealth. And to tell you the truth, I don't like it at all :D It makes the rest of us (other Thai women) appear like a gold-digger.

But I can proove to you that at least one Thai girl does not expect farang men to be rich ... My farang boyfriend and I are struggling to pay rent on time and pay back college loans ...

All I ever expected is to have "US" through this financial crisis ...

This expectation is much more than hoping that someone is rich :D

Maslows hierarchy of need IMHO doesn't need climbing through so much as achievement of, but then that's just a dumb farang, extremely happy in LoS, with all 3 edges of his hierachy well met indeed.

:D

Thanks guys and gal, I try to be non judgemental, and keep an open mind, and just let people be what they are. But after reading so much about the poverty of Issan, I really was supprised by this trip. I had no intention of having a girlfriend here, but this lady is nothing like so many of the stories I read here and on other forums. She has finished high school, works hard, is itelligent, not very wordly but learns very fast. The only downside is she is emotionally immature, which I've noticed to be common among asain women, I do no mean that as an insult just an observation.

I think they are emotionally immature because they are somewhat have to struggle to achieve whatever they want since they were young and so didn't have much opportunity to develop their emotion properly. But again, they are not bad girls in this sense. Just a bit difficult to predict.

I find this emotional immaturity (maybe wrong description?) very refreshing, I am an American and find that I am emotionally complicated and so are the American women. (maybe a better description "uncomplicated emotionally"?). I personally find it much eaiser to deal with. :o

Maslows hierarchy of need IMHO doesn't need climbing through so much as achievement of, but then that's just a dumb farang, extremely happy in LoS, with all 3 edges of his hierachy well met indeed.

:D

IT you're doing better than most - many people struggle to get passed the first level and very rarely is anyone self-actualized :o

It surprises me to see lots of farang guys falling in love, have heart broken or invest their money with the Thai bar girls. But when asked if they do this with the BGs in their countries, they said No! :D

That's something I have never figured it out. :D

Well, regarding the original post, I'd like to say beer garden is not really a right place to meet your "special someone". I've met an English guy at Hard Rock Cafe back in Dec 2002. We had dated for a while before he went back to Tokyo, so we are not an item yet. Now, moving back to Bangkok soon, he is still asking if I will be faithful to him. :o

Also, meeting the parents is a big deal here too. I had gone out with my ex-boyfriend, a Viking, for 6 months but never officially introduced him to my family. Just told my mum I was seeing this guy... until we broke up... :D

So, it has been a couple of months only. Maybe you want to take it one step at a time and make sure you always keep your eyes open... just in case. I hope things will turn out great and you will make another successful story. I've never had enough of those good stories. :D

I find this emotional immaturity (maybe wrong description?) very refreshing, I am an American and find that I am emotionally complicated and so are the American women. (maybe a better description "uncomplicated emotionally"?). I personally find it much eaiser to deal with. :o

But sometimes an intellectual conversation about something else than what I had for dinner would be refreshing.

ASIC