Shame On Pattaya For Russification

Gone

I'm not sure if the laws, rules and regulations have changed all over thailand or just here in Pattaya when it comes to Russian Businesses but when I had my Jeans (textile) factory here around 7 years ago it was LAW that when I opened my business that on my signs etc. you had to have the wording (font) above any English lettering in Thai. And also that font had to be larger then the English font.

I thought that was great really because I thought that Canada should follow the "proud Thai" ways and do the same HOWEVER now when I drive around I see Russian language everywhere and just the opposite. Sometimes not even ANY Thai font and sometimes above the Thai font.

Has something changed or is it just Shame on Pattaya?

The law does not need any Thai writing on the signage, never did, however, if you do put Thai writing on the sign then you will pay less for the sign tax. From somebody that has had a sign making shop here in the past.thumbsup.gif

I thought that was great really because I thought that Canada should
follow the "proud Thai" ways and do the same HOWEVER now when I drive
around I see Russian language everywhere and just the opposite.
Sometimes not even ANY Thai font and sometimes above the Thai font.

in what way is Canada affected by Pattaya's "russification" pray tell? ohmy.png

• Like 1

in what way is Canada affected by Pattaya's "russification" pray tell? :o

Not sure if English is your mother language but where dinyou read that? I just mentioned in my post that I wish Canada would do the same as I explained. You might want to re-read my post?

• Like 1

You are welcomed to put signs up with no Thai, only that it'll be more expensive to tax

Having bi-lingual signs only means less tax on the signs that you pay taxes on, many of the hoardings around seems to be less than legit... and these taxes are self-declared, unless it's a sign on your premises, many business seems to ignore the tax.

Oh and the Thai letterings can be a token small print, most people do it

Your signmaker is a bit misinformed

Well thank you all for clarifying the tax thingy. I never knew that and even my Lawyer didn't tell me that when I had my business. Good to know and again thanks all.

But when do people pay tax for a sign ? To whom ? To the sign maker scammer ?

And i wonder why we don't find more Chinese signs when we see so many Russian signs ? Chinese cannot read ?

Thanks for your information !

Ohh no. Naam please don't tempt fate; we might get even more inundated with lengthy attempts to rationalise this nonsense. ohmy.png

Not sure if English is your mother language but where dinyou read that? I just mentioned in my post that I wish Canada would do the same as I explained. You might want to re-read my post?

English is my third language which i master only partly. so please be kind enough and explain to a language impaired person in what way "Canada should follow the proud Thai ways".

i also humbly request a translation, preferable in a language i master fully, of "where dinyou read that?"

Ohh no. Naam please don't tempt fate; we might get even more inundated with lengthy attempts to rationalise this nonsense. ohmy.png

life is bleak. we need amusement Morakot wink.png

• Like 1

it was never the law, but the regulation is if the Thai is above the sign tax is cheaper, if below more, If the sign is ONLY in other language than Thai, then the Tax is huge

Also the bigger the sign the more the owner pays the Tax on the business. I found this out when my wife's mother painted a huge sign on the side of her shop where she sells food. Also found out that she had to have added to her shop certificate authority to sell Red Bull and the like which also included beer, but not spirits. Did not cost much more but it is a requirement.

it was never the law, but the regulation is if the Thai is above the sign tax is cheaper, if below more, If the sign is ONLY in other language than Thai, then the Tax is huge

Also the bigger the sign the more the owner pays the Tax on the business. I found this out when my wife's mother painted a huge sign on the side of her shop where she sells food. Also found out that she had to have added to her shop certificate authority to sell Red Bull and the like which also included beer, but not spirits. Did not cost much more but it is a requirement.

Was not aware about the certificate, is it for Pattaya? or other area?

The size of the sign does also make the difference, you are correct.

What usually happens, is when City Hall needs money, they send out teams to "collect" it, ie go around and check, measure and tax businesses.

Should not be posting this, but when 1 team came around, i send them to speak with my accountant,(small donation of which i was not even aware) and my business was (signless) no tax to pay :)

What usually happens, is when City Hall needs money, they send out teams to "collect" it, ie go around and check, measure and tax businesses.

Should not be posting this, but when 1 team came around, i send them to speak with my accountant,(small donation of which i was not even aware) and my business was (signless) no tax to pay smile.png

It was at the Lop Buri Council Office where they print out the license's for business. They came to inspect the building and photographed the painted sign and payment was made for the increased size in the signage. It was this office that also informed us of the selling of Red Bull etc without authority. Could sell Coke and Pepsi etc, but no energy drinks without authority and notation on the license.

Should not be posting this, but when 1 team came around, i send them to speak with my accountant,(small donation of which i was not even aware) and my business was (signless) no tax to pay smile.png

It was at the Lop Buri Council Office where they print out the license's for business. They came to inspect the building and photographed the painted sign and payment was made for the increased size in the signage. It was this office that also informed us of the selling of Red Bull etc without authority. Could sell Coke and Pepsi etc, but no energy drinks without authority and notation on the license.

Very strange, never heard of this one. It could be their local regulation or may be a "scam" to get extra money.

One only requires alcohol and tobacco license. Never heard of license to sell energy drinks

English is my third language which i master only partly. so please be kind enough and explain to a language impaired person in what way "Canada should follow the proud Thai ways".

i also humbly request a translation, preferable in a language i master fully, of "where dinyou read that?"

1) What I meant was that in Canada foreigners do whatever they want when it comes to signs etc. The fact that I thought Thailand made it so that their language was to be shown in larger font and above the English language intrigued me and I felt that it was a proud Thai thing to do and as said I also felt that Canada could learn from that. Anyways I think you knew that already and are just trolling.

2) Your comment: (i also humbly request a translation, preferable in a language i master fully, of "where dinyou read that?") is just plain silly but if you must know it's called "iPad spell correct error" but I guess maybe you wouldn't know about iPhones or iPads.

Your comment: (i also humbly request a translation, preferable in a language i master fully, of "where dinyou read that?")
is just plain silly but if you must know it's called "iPad spell
correct error" but I guess maybe you wouldn't know about iPhones or
iPads.

iPhones and iPads are your secretaries i presume?

if yes, i think they have funny names and obviously

they are not able to correct any mistakes.

where dinyou hire them and do they have work permits? huh.png

There is no licence to sell energy drinks. There are for alcohol, tobacco and playing cards, yes, and there are quite a few of them, separate ones for cigarettes, cigars, tobacco, but they are only 20-40 Baht per permit even the alcohol one there's a few from just looking at the sign I'm required to display (they are in Thai) the alcohol ones are a bit more expensive in the thousands of Baht

A few other strange ones I remembered are pet foods, foods processing if you're making stuff like pies or sausages, and doing a business that is potentially hazardous to health (knives etc.)

As for Canada, how would you feel if the Quebequois demands bi-lingual signs for them too?

There are a lot of things she doesn't know. wink.png

Your comment: (i also humbly request a translation, preferable in a language i master fully, of "where dinyou read that?")

is just plain silly but if you must know it's called "iPad spell

correct error" but I guess maybe you wouldn't know about iPhones or

iPads.

iPhones and iPads are your secretaries i presume?

if yes, i think they have funny names and obviously

they are not able to correct any mistakes.

where dinyou hire them and do they have work permits? huh.png

Who minyoud lady-police?

By the way you are so not funny. In fact you are that! not funny, that it isn't funny! wink.png

Edited by Jayroo

Ok, we have clarified the tax issue. The rest of the thread is somewhere between nonsense and flaming.

Better we close it now before someone gets hurt.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app