Got A Straw With My Tin Of Tomato Puree!

Eesat

I was on a forum in Thailand and I saw that one of it's members was so excited about what he was saying that he completely forgot how to use the English language and he put things like

tryed

becourse

garanty

batter

wacth

biggrin.png .......and what is your excuse? .....it's = it is. The possessive form is "its".

Incorrect. The apostophe is also used to show possession. From the OED:-

You use an apostrophe to show that a thing or person belongs or relates to someone or something: instead of saying the party of Ben or the weather of yesterday, you can write Ben’s party and yesterday’s weather.

'Its' would be the plural of 'It'. ie 'There were an awful lot of Its'

The funny thing is Gnasher, that you just disproved the very point you were attempting to make , but you don't realise it.

No I haven't. The apostrophes on the last line are 'quoe' marks.

I was on a forum in Thailand and I saw that one of it's members was so excited about what he was saying that he completely forgot how to use the English language and he put things like

tryed

becourse

garanty

batter

wacth

biggrin.png .......and what is your excuse? .....it's = it is. The possessive form is "its".

You use an apostrophe to show that a thing or person belongs or relates to someone or something: instead of saying the party of Ben or the weather of yesterday, you can write Ben’s party and yesterday’s weather.

you are joking right?

I realize this is likely a piss take, but it is sad how many here really do have little concept of the basic mechanics of the language yet are willing to argue it.

OK I surrender. Looks like you only use the apostrope when it's a noun. Well, half right. Too many bloody English teachers in Thailand.

Driving a few years ago from Bangkok to Saraburi i was overtaking a container truck had to look twice because underneath the chassis was a thai guy sleeping in a hammock about two feet of the deck t.i.t

you are joking right?

I realize this is likely a piss take, but it is sad how many here really do have little concept of the basic mechanics of the language yet are willing to argue it.

OK I surrender. Looks like you only use the apostrope when it's a noun. Well, half right. Too many bloody English teachers in Thailand.
I find it easier to use it is rather than it's. Read it back to yourself. If it sounds wrong then you should probably be using its

If the OP had used one of it is members instead of one of it's members he would have probably realized that one of its members was what he really needed to say.

I'm not an English teacher. This is an English language forum used by many nationalities, not a thesis on the English language or English Literature, so does does it really matter? NO.

P.S. same goes for your v.v. you're I use you are to check which one I want.

Edited by Keesters

Tomato Puree is a common drink in some countries. My wife adds vodka AKA, A Bloody Mary

That's tomato juice. Tomato puree is somewhat thicker and more bitter in taste. It's used for cooking.

Tomato Puree is a common drink in some countries. My wife adds vodka AKA, A Bloody Mary

That's tomato juice. Tomato puree is somewhat thicker and more bitter in taste. It's used for cooking.

Tomato puree is what you need for a good spaghetti sauce, and red wine and lots of garlic of course

thats ok, saw a promotion the other day giving away two AA batteries with every box of tampons purchased

Been thinking for quite a while about that but still can't formulate an answersad.png

I have got a job lot of tampons for sale if anyone is interested, bought them straight from the wholesaler, no strings attached.

I'll get my coat.

• Like 2

What a shame that such a potentially interesting and funny topic has been hi-jacked by some idiots wanting to show off how good or how bad they are at written English. I for one, do not give a monkey's bottom for your show boating, go start another topic and let the rest of us enjoy the sharing of amusing experiences!

• Like 1

Tomato puree is what you need for a good spaghetti sauce, and red wine and lots of garlic of course

For Chicken Vindaloo actually!thumbsup.gif