Trat To The Hat Lek

Just curious about weird things. I know theres the mini van service from Trat, but kinda want to feel the wind in my hair and also stop and admire the scenery on the way to the border. Was thinking of just renting a moped and just travelling the 100km or so from Trat. Is this incredibly silly? Having yet to ride a moped in thailand, how hardy are those things? Capable of a 200km round trip? Is it safe to park while i do my thing, or will it get nicked? Can i take it across to cambodia with little in the way of issues, or will my lack of a driving license have me in hot water? Bizarre questions i realise, and its probably easier to take the bus, but im about to move to Trat, so want to sort of explore the place a bit as well while im there. Also, just to get my head around the whoe visa thing...

the $25 fee is to enter CAMBODIA. Returning to Thailand costs nothing at all since its a visa exemption. So really the 25 bucks (1200 baht if you pay on the day and get swindled, which paparently you will) youre paying for the brief stay in cambodia? Would love to pop over and stay for a few days of course, but have to be back almost immediately for accommodation finding and school prep duties.

And since this is the first (and i hope only) run (school will process the teaching visa once i start), anything i should know? Passport photos... check. Copy of passport. Check. Original Passport. Check. Sunscreen. Check. Fake raybans. Check. Stay the hell away from thai drivers atr every convenience. Check...