Paying Tot With Kasikorn K-Cyber Banking

croftrobin

I pay via Bangkok Bank ibanking and it's listed under Utilities and identified as service code TOTELEC. Maybe Kbank is the same. The Bangkok Bank also has a note code next to the TOTELEC which says for Paying TOT Phone Service but when I had TOT Internet years back I used the same service code to pay my TOT phone bill and TOT internet bill. I still pay my TOT phone bill using the TOTELEC service code.

Edited by Pib

Well I actually called K-Bank cyber banking help to see if TOT was payable... and was told in certain terms that it's not.

Seems crazy, but then it's a 10 Baht fee when paying with Bangkok Bank "i-Banking"... so maybe it's an "exclusive" (protective) arrangement between Bangkok Bank and TOT.

NOT available with K-Bank.

You can pay telephone or internet connected to a telephone line services with a credit card via TOTeservice.com but there is still no online method to pay TOT fiber optic internet (that doesn;t requie a landline) that I am aware of.

Well I actually called K-Bank cyber banking help to see if TOT was payable... and was told in certain terms that it's not.

Seems crazy, but then it's a 10 Baht fee when paying with Bangkok Bank "i-Banking"... so maybe it's an "exclusive" (protective) arrangement between Bangkok Bank and TOT.

NOT available with K-Bank.

Not quite what the OP asked, but I was paying for TOT internet for 2 years through a DD set up with Kasikorn.

Mind you, stopping it was a PITA.

I pay TOT using Kasikorn bank. Just go to bank and set it up. Most likely you will have to take a form to TOT to have it bought off and returned to bank. All my bills are automatically paid by bank every month, elect, internet/telephone, True, etc. Works good, especially when I travel and not around when bills are due. Most expats never go anyway, so 7-Eleven works good for them. With passbook updates around Thailand, you can always see the transactions. In addition, you can get internet service if so desired.

My land line is a TT&T one but the bill comes on TOT headed paper. At the TOT office there are separate queues for TOT & TT&T. Tesco state that they can handle TOT bills, but when I've tried they can't get mine to work. But friends say they can pay their TOT line bills there. 7/11 have no problem. Local Family Mart no longer does bills. All very confusing.

And if Metropolitan (Bangkok) Electric and Water can be paid online why not provincial? We have computers and internet in the boondocks as well. It's not all buffaloes and rice.

• 1 month later...

On the TOT web site Payments page they say this:

1. Bank Account Debit

The list of 15 Banks providing the service nationwide

- Bangkok Bank Plc. - Krung Thai Bank Plc.

- Kasikorn Bank Plc. - Bank of Ayudhaya Plc.

- Siam Commercial Bank Plc. - TMB Bank Plc.

- Bank Thai Plc. - Siam City Bank Plc.

- slamic Bank. - Government Housing Bank

- The Government Saving Bank - UOB Bank Plc.

- Standard Charterd Bank Plc. - Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Co-operatives

- Thai Credit Retail Bank.

But not found any way to do it.

Also on the back of their bills they list for paying Internet only two options, they are toteservice. and Bangkok Bank web site. So spent a load of time registering for eservice and then found out can only use it to pay for landlines or 3G. So a waste of time.

It would be easy to pay at the 7/11 but TOT have NEVER sent me a bill. Always have to drive miles to their office to see how much I owe and pay the bill. But if I miss paying they are very quick to disconnect me! They are the most over staffed useless company I have ever seen.

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If you have given them the correct address TOT will always send you a bill . So I would check with the TOT office if your name and address is correct .

But why cant they send the bill in the e-mail like Dtac , and use cyberbanking, very frustrating.

With TOT, I have no problem paying the bills with Bangkok Bank internet banking site (when I get a bill). It's a 10 baht service charge. My problem is TOT sends the bill, but the postman doesn't deliver it most of the time. I'm told you can set up and TOT online account to check billing, but it's all in Thai. Google translate is useless because of the graphics.

• Like 1

It is easy at KBank.

Go to the ATM and log in.

Under transactions find bar code and a red light will come on at the ATM.

Get your bill out and centre the bar code on the bill under the red led strip.

That's it and it is that easy.

If you get stuck just ask one of the girl for help. That was how I learnt.

Edited by billd766

It is easy at KBank.

if only it was that easy on the interweb.

I pay for my TOT internet service using a Kasikorn electronic debit account obtained to make internet purchases. You don't get a physical card, just the card number, expiration date and CVN to apply to purchases. The purchases are debited from whatever account you tie the service to. I then use TOT e-service to pay online on my computer, referencing the Kasikorn e-debit number, etc. It works just fine and I've used it to pay my bill consistently for the last 7 months.

I pay for my TOT internet service using a Kasikorn electronic debit account obtained to make internet purchases. You don't get a physical card, just the card number, expiration date and CVN to apply to purchases. The purchases are debited from whatever account you tie the service to. I then use TOT e-service to pay online on my computer, referencing the Kasikorn e-debit number, etc. It works just fine and I've used it to pay my bill consistently for the last 7 months.

I also have that card number from Kasikorn , the problem is that TOT e-service only accepts bills with fixed telephone lines , not internet bills.....

Bangkok Bank does list TOT as one of their authorized online bill payers. (see below graphic) Most other banks can only pay TOT via direct debit, where you obtain the form from your local TOT office and submit it to your bank, who will then pay the bill every month

attachicon.gifTOT.png

Yeap...I've been using Bangkok Bank to pay my two monthly TOT phone bills for 5 years now. However, although the TOT paper bill reflects a service code of "TOT" the Bangkok Bank service code is "TOTELEC" as shown above and that is the service code I use. Of all the bills I get that is the only case where the service code on the paper bill does not match the service code used to pay via ibanking.

Maybe for other banks, like K-bank, their listed TOT service code differs from the paper bill also.

Edited by Pib

I also have that card number from Kasikorn , the problem is that TOT e-service only accepts bills with fixed telephone lines , not internet bills.....

Understood. I called TOT with the same problem and they explained my internet service (a wireless service using a dedicated receiver at the house) is listed as a fixed line. I used my TOT billing reference number and found it to be the case. I have no fixed line or cable coming to my house from the street, just the wireless receiver pointed at their transmitter / cell tower.

toteservice great. Can use credit, debit cards, direct payment from several bank accounts... I used foreign debit card once, w/o any problem.

I disagree. I can't pay as the phone number isn't accepted. It's a TT&T line but the bill comes from TOT. They don't answer emails requesting assistance. The service sucks.

It is easy at KBank.

Having received had my first paper bill in three months I thought I'd give the barcode/scanner method a try.

1) KBank ATM 5 minutes walk from home, a good place to go with the dog. Tried many times on all 3 bars of code on the bill in both directions, total 6 tries, all gave error.

2) Drove 10 mins to a Kbank branch. Bank girl tries, all attempts failed. Went inside and manager said can't do over counter either.

3) Next to KBank is a small TOPS supermarket. Girl inside says she'll try. Failed by scanning but succeeded with some tweaking and entering phone number. Service charge Baht 10. I'm sure that this will only work again if I can get the same girl who has shown to have above average Thai intelligence.

So as far as I'm concerned paying my TOT phone bill is the biggest pain in the butt I have to go through each month. If, as I think it is, the problem arises from it being a TT&T line then millions of others will have the same problem. And if it's not TT&T then <deleted>.