Sattahip Officials Raid Snake Farm Selling Snake Blood To Randy Tourists

Rimmer

Sattahip officials raid snake farm selling snake blood to randy tourists

n2cobra3.jpg

SATTAHIP:--Sattahip officials raided a snake farm where tourists were caught drinking cobra blood to increase their sexual potency.

Permanent Secretary Krtisana Yusukh led wildlife, public-health and animal-control officers to the Najomtien farm April 25 after reports about the illegal snake-blood drinking.

Twenty South Korean tourists were found drinking cobra blood mixed with alcohol
Full story:http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/sattahip-officials-raid-snake-farm-selling-snake-blood-to-randy-tourists-25508

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2013-05-03 footer_n.gif

Hahaha. Somehow reminds of the movie, the of which name I forget, with that kid actor, who is now an adult (which shows what I thought of the movie). Good luck to those Koreans. Putting my libertarian hat on, they are only hurting themselves, they are >18, so yeah. If you want to drink snake blood go for it.

Interesting... recently saw a show on NatGeo (I believe) where the host indulged in some snake-blood drinking in Thailand. No idea it was illegal. I'm sure the producers didn't also...

Love or hate snakes, this is barbaric. Cut open, organs removed, drained and/or skinned alive usually. No creature should be subjected to that.

Not sure which is worse - this, or seeing live turtles in Chinese markets having their shells hacked off so the buyer can see the quality of the meat underneath.

• Like 2

Why is this even illegal?

From the article:

Inthrapithak (surname unknown), 44, could not produce any licenses or permits for the endangered snakes, which were taken from him and sent to a nursery in Sriracha. If he cannot produce paperwork authorizing possession, Inthrapithak faces up to four years in prison and a 40,000 baht fine.

I guess the cobras are endangered?? Rimmer and I find them in our yards on a fairly frequent basis! Maybe living close to this snake farm has something to do with it???

Had it in Vietnam once (Cobra) NO CHARGE & it was just a bit of a self dare as I had refused it many times before.

Not for my libido just a curiosity.

I figured we kill cattle,sheep etc and consume their Flesh & Blood ...what the heck.!!

Never do it again but never knew it was illegal in Thailand.

Will this be another Crime stoppers figure to add demonstrating the 'Safety' of Pattaya for families ???

ph34r.png

Edited by Ohio
  • Like 1