Cheap Massage In Phuket?

manonthemon

Hi,

I recently moved from BKK to Phuket. I've been warned that the island is much more expensive than the capital. So far it's not that bad...except for one thing - foot and thai massage prices. In Bangkok I used to pay 150B/Hr and I got it at least once a week. Here all the parlors seem to quote 300B for the same thing (I live in Cherntalay).

Hence my question - do you know a place in Phuket where they charge less for one hour foot or thai massage. I really miss this stuff!

cheers!

I expect to see many similar threads from you in the future. smile.pngsmile.png

No, there is no cheap transport here. smile.pngsmile.png

Yes there is - it's called my own motorbike ;) Renting a car for 600B a day isn't that bad too. Better than taxis anyway. But on the topic of massage....

• Like 2

Yes, back on the topic of massage. I've been paying 300 baht for quite sometime now. There is a "massage mafia" on Phuket and they collude to make the price 300 baht over the whole island. :) :)

Edited by LivinginKata
off topic baiting removed

This place in Phuket town is good. http://map.panphuket.com/mappoint/thai-massage

200B per hour. 350B for 2 hours for traditional thai massage.

The place is often used by older thais, which is a good sign for price/quality.

Thalang: Lotus Tesco in Thalang have a good massage with similar prices

http://map.panphuket.com/mappoint/tesco-lotus-thalang

Pakhlok: MB massage and spa, similar prices as well

http://map.panphuket.com/mappoint/mb-massage-and-spa

If you can find a blind person massage place up that way they are about 150 Baht an hour. A t least that's what they charge on the southern end of the island.

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 2

If you can find a blind person massage place up that way they are about 150 Baht an hour. A t least that's what they charge on the southern end of the island.

How good are these? I could imagine that blind people have superior skills to feel where are the problem areas. But the downside is that there might be more blind people forced to work in massage places as there might not be enough other works for them.

Thanx a lot! The Tesco Thalang option looks great due to the location. Will check it out for sure!

cheers!

You are welcome. It's good to hear that there are more an more people living in the north.

This also results to more services for all of us.

How good are these? I could imagine that blind people have superior skills to feel where are the problem areas. But the downside is that there might be more blind people forced to work in massage places as there might not be enough other works for them.

My wife likes them. I think it's more of a good opportunity for people that can't do some other jobs. I doubt they are forced, but there aren't really any social services here. Seems like a win win situation.

I've seen blind people massage service in China couple years ago and been curious to try it ever since. Sounds like a better choice for them than walking around with a microphone and a portable speaker and bagging.

Will have to try and find such a parlor here. If you ever hear about such a place in the north of Phuket pls reply in this thread.

Where exactly is this massage place in the south of the island?

cheers

My wife likes them. I think it's more of a good opportunity for people that can't do some other jobs. I doubt they are forced, but there aren't really any social services here. Seems like a win win situation.

Oh, I did not mean forced as someone makes then to work in that field. I ment that there are out of the options and therefore have to do it.

The good quality comes from the people who love to do what they do.

I like the win win situations. In Singapore one of the gas station groups gave their unprofitable car and motorbike cleaning stations to be run by mentally challenged people. They did run the whole service and paid their taxes. Service was excellent. After I learned this I never used any other gas station or got my bike cleaned anywhere else. That was a win win situation for all. It made pretty much everybody happy.

I've seen blind people massage service in China couple years ago and been curious to try it ever since. Sounds like a better choice for them than walking around with a microphone and a portable speaker and bagging.

Will have to try and find such a parlor here. If you ever hear about such a place in the north of Phuket pls reply in this thread.

Where exactly is this massage place in the south of the island?

cheers

I know of the one on Viset Road on the left side of the road just after the 7-11 that is opposite the entrance to Rawai Temple and school. There is another on the road off of Viset on the road that goes to Rawai Muay Thai. I heard about others in Phuket town, but I don't know locations.

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 2

Hi,

I recently moved from BKK to Phuket. I've been warned that the island is much more expensive than the capital. So far it's not that bad...except for one thing - foot and thai massage prices. In Bangkok I used to pay 150B/Hr and I got it at least once a week. Here all the parlors seem to quote 300B for the same thing (I live in Cherntalay).

Hence my question - do you know a place in Phuket where they charge less for one hour foot or thai massage. I really miss this stuff!

cheers!

So you manged to save 7500 baht a year from your massages in Bangkok? As you live in Cherng Talay I can reccomend getting massaged in Phuket Town for around a 150 baht a throw. Take out 100 baht for fuel to get to and from your house, and you will save an astonishing 2600 baht a year or 50 baht a week! You will be able to get an extra bowl of noodles a fortnight. Or 2 archer beers and a bottle of water each week.

I expect to see many similar threads from you in the future. smile.pngsmile.png

No, there is no cheap transport here. smile.pngsmile.png

Welcome to Planet Phuket - it's a different world down here. smile.png

offtopic.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif Again?

Your OFF TOPIC comment is OFF TOPIC...LOL

Off topic makes the conversation interesting - every comment on topic is boring.

• Like 1

Hi,

cheers!

So you manged to save 7500 baht a year from your massages in Bangkok? As you live in Cherng Talay I can reccomend getting massaged in Phuket Town for around a 150 baht a throw. Take out 100 baht for fuel to get to and from your house, and you will save an astonishing 2600 baht a year or 50 baht a week! You will be able to get an extra bowl of noodles a fortnight. Or 2 archer beers and a bottle of water each week.

Exactly. There are cheaper massages around, but by the time you get there, paying for fuel and dealing with the traffic, it's hardly worth the trouble.

Pay the 300 baht - everywhere and anywhere.

Yes, back on the topic of massage. I've been paying 300 baht for quite sometime now. There is a "massage mafia" on Phuket and they collude to make the price 300 baht over the whole island. smile.pngsmile.png

i've never heard of a massage mafia, i know that for a fact as i have 3 of the most successful real massage places on Phuket, certainly the property rental for the businesses doesn't help, not cheap!!!!!, we buy the same product that is used in the Amari and Meridian, from bangkok, again quite expensive, the happy ending places are trained for a few hours to get a certificate, to keep the police and authorities happy, to train up to 5 star spa level take a minimum of 150 hours, thats normally 4-6 weeks and it's pretty expensive to do and you have to be certified by a independent tester, none of those mats on the floor, proper hand made massage tables, to me to get a spa 5 star massage experience at street prices to me is total value for money, comparing city with city where ever you are in the world is really unrealistic, the simplest way is to check "tripadviser" , normally honest reviews by the money paying public wai2.gif

Exactly. There are cheaper massages around, but by the time you get there, paying for fuel and dealing with the traffic, it's hardly worth the trouble.

Pay the 300 baht - everywhere and anywhere.

Well, I already got a few addresses here, some of them near the place where I live so the distance or traffic is not a problem (and honestly - traffic on Phuket is a joke after two years in Bangkok). Just asking the question here saved me 200B each time I go and get a massage with my GF. I'm happy with that!

Edited by manonthemon

Yes, back on the topic of massage. I've been paying 300 baht for quite sometime now. There is a "massage mafia" on Phuket and they collude to make the price 300 baht over the whole island. smile.pngsmile.png

i've never heard of a massage mafia, i know that for a fact as i have 3 of the most successful real massage places on Phuket, certainly the property rental for the businesses doesn't help, not cheap!!!!!, we buy the same product that is used in the Amari and Meridian, from bangkok, again quite expensive, the happy ending places are trained for a few hours to get a certificate, to keep the police and authorities happy, to train up to 5 star spa level take a minimum of 150 hours, thats normally 4-6 weeks and it's pretty expensive to do and you have to be certified by a independent tester, none of those mats on the floor, proper hand made massage tables, to me to get a spa 5 star massage experience at street prices to me is total value for money, comparing city with city where ever you are in the world is really unrealistic, the simplest way is to check "tripadviser" , normally honest reviews by the money paying public wai2.gif

The "massage mafia" was a joke for our new friend in Phuket.

"Check tripadvisor" - that's my laugh for the day. :)

A lot of businesses owners here make false comments on tripadvosor to market their own establishment. It can hardly be relied upon.

Any other kinds of mafia I should be aware of?...I can't find my favorite bkk street snack - Sai Grok - here. Maybe it's a mafia thing too? ;)

Any other kinds of mafia I should be aware of?...I can't find my favorite bkk street snack - Sai Grok - here. Maybe it's a mafia thing too? wink.png

I suggest you hire a jet ski - for that authentic Phuket tourism experience. :) :)

• Like 1

"Check tripadvisor" - that's my laugh for the day. smile.png

A lot of businesses owners here make false comments on tripadvosor to market their own establishment. It can hardly be relied upon.

Please NKM, i absolute love you know it all pundits, tripadviser is a great business tool, but just reel your head in and think about it, a business owner put false and inaccurate reviews, in turn that draws new customers, they don't agree with the false reviews, i can assure you, all it takes is a hand full of people realising the reviews don't reflect the business, they review the business as terrible and down goes your internet side of your business, as a owner i can only answer reviews, can not delete or alter reviews, i can assure you again any review internet side is a double edge sword, if the reviews are not honest, you'll be caught out, ive heard competitors openly say "my mates are putting loads of reviews on for us", my reply to them is say nothing and them and when they are leaving there business, closing the door for the final time, i simply say "there are no short cuts", professionalism, service and value for money wai2.gif

• 3 months later...