Reds Rally Against Democrats In Yasothon

Lite Beer

Reds rally against Democrats in Yasothon
The Nation on Sunday

30205421-01_big.JPG?1367709010799

YASOTHON: -- Pro-government red shirts gathered to protest against a rally held by the opposition Democrat Party in Yasothon province yesterday. Opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva led the rally. Red shirts from nearby provinces met at the local office of Pheu Thai MP Piyawat Pansaichua in Yasothon.

But red shirts in the area were reportedly divided on how to handle the opposition rally.

Some who gathered at the office of Niratkarn Sri-larp, a former Democrat MP who previously led the province when it was a Democrat stronghold, decided not to oppose the rally. But another group of reds at another location resolved to oppose it and make Abhisit's trip uncomfortable.

The combined number of red shirt protesters from the two groups was about 200.

Besides Abhisit, other speakers included senior MP Suthep Thaugsuban and Witoon Nambutr, MP for Ubon Ratchathani.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-05

Why would they want to oppose the Dems speaking?

Because people might hear the truth, that's why.

Red democracy at work again.

But only about 200 in total and some from other provinces.

Yes the tide is turning, people are waking up.

• Like 1

Yay for Red Respect for others' democratic-rights ! wink.png

But at least they didn't (yet) feel the need to throw chairs of bricks or grenades, to disrupt another political-party's peaceful rally, but what if this were during an election-campaign ?

One can only hope for more tolerance, by all parties, for other peoples' differing opinions.

Should there be an explosion or 3 during the rally, it will obviously be the Democrats fault because it wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been there.

And if one of the very few BIB providing security actually catch (as in trip over) one of the bombers, it won't be a problem as he will immediately be released on government provided bail and given a few million baht (more) as compensation for his inconvenience.

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 2

It's bizarre having pro government mobs trying to silence the opposition.

What do they think democracy is all about?

They don't think for themselves. They just follow the Pied Piper.

250px-Pied_Piper2.jpg

Edited by Pimay1

When Democrats were the government, these red shirts chased them down.

Now Democrats are the opposition as they wanted, so what are these red shirts demanding this time?

Chasing Democrats out of the country by the name of democracy and justice?

• Like 1

Freedom of speech, the right to assemble, rule of law, what a joke this red democracy is.

So true. You have the right to assemble asl ong as you wear a red shirt, you can say what you want as long as we agree and we make the rule of law. By the way we are united against dictatorship

• Like 1

Would also be helpful to know what abhisit and suthep actually talked about.

But that's not the point of this "report". rolleyes.gif

This "report" achieved exactly what it set out to do - just read the other posts. dry.png

This "report" achieved exactly what it set out to do - just read the other posts. dry.png

It's possible many people would have liked to know what they had to say, but were discouraged from attending - and this is what bothers other posters.

To all those who think the Reds in Thailand are somehow an exception, I'd remind you in nearly every country on Earth, EVERY left-wing party employs a set of tactics where they silence the right-wing opposition by demonizing them, whether as "bigots" for standing up for culture, or as "fascists" for standing up for business owners, or as the "1%" or whatever method they can use. As the left in most countries lose ground due to rising living standards/technology which makes the average person content, they have to resort to ever harsher rhetoric (they've only gotten a slight boost due to global recession).

Really the Reds are just a step ahead of their left-wing counterparts in most places. I just see them as an extension of Occupy Wallstreet type mindset. You might think that not true since they are led by a billionaire, but you'd be forgetting that the Occupy movement was also funded by billionaires (Peter Lewis/Soros/etc.). Most people once they reach billionaire status stop focusing on earning more money (Gates/Buffett) and instead on increasing barriers to entry in business markets (big businesses love regulation because they have thousands of employees that can handle it while smaller competitors get buried under paperwork).....or they just outright want less humans to compete with for space and Buffet/Gates' foundation was exposed for this (see

or why
).

So the fusion of Billionaires and the left is quite compatible.

And if you think the US democrats wouldn't act like the Thai red shirts, just imagine if the Supreme Court ordered Obama's arrest (whether for funding Al Qaeda in Syria or a different crime). There would instantly be riots across America and martial law would have to be brought in.

Edited by Jingo

I couldn't care less what protesters in other countries do or not do. I care about some democracy loving red-shirts who dislike other groups to present their view. A view which may be different from the red-shirts, but that's possible and allowed in a democracy. With yet another rally from the opposition disturbed it's even difficult to get info on what the opposition actually said or wanted to say.

May I assume that Pheu Thai party list MPs who happen to be UDD leaders know nothing about their red-shirt supporters blocking the legitimate opposition? Surely they would have spoken out against it had they known

It's possible many people would have liked to know what they had to say, but were discouraged from attending - and this is what bothers other posters.

I'm sure some other posters would love to know what the Dems said. But I believe the purpose of this story is to stir up anti-red feelings. And it worked! biggrin.png

When Democrats were the government, these red shirts chased them down.

Now Democrats are the opposition as they wanted, so what are these red shirts demanding this time?

Chasing Democrats out of the country by the name of democracy and justice?

Pheu Thai MP and red-shirt leader Weng Tojirakarn yesterday called on fellow red shirts to eradicate the Democrat Party.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Remove-the-Democrats-reds-told-30184319.html

can anyone tell me ,,,,the article said that an mp for ubon ratchatheni was there,i thought this was a pure red province,please put me right,im confused not stupid

Witoon is a Democrat MP elected many times in Ubon.

http://www.democrat.or.th/en/about/Cabinet-Members&member-of-Parliament/detail.php?ID=1246

He is one of three Democrat MPs elected in 2011 from Ubon constituencies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MPs_elected_in_the_Thai_general_election,_2011

• Like 1

Typical red fascist stormtroopers thinking. Only my view can be heard, freedom of speech is the right for me to talk and you to listen, saying things I do not like is an an abuse of this freedom, democracy is what I say it is, all holding different views are against democracy, our reich will last a thousand years, all bow to our glorious leader and harken to his words of wisdom.

Thailand has been a democracy since 1932 under the authority of the Monarcal house of Chakri. The 'Red Shirt' are part of the proletairiat tof Thailand that have waited 83 years to be able to express their point of view without being shot. That sir is a travesty in a Nation that calls itself a democracy. Give them some time to learn how to make Democracy work. Same can be said of the 'Democrats' who regularly state that Thailand is not governable as a democracy, so indeed they too have a lot to learn.

250px-Pied_Piper2.jpg

250px-Pied_Piper2.jpg

In many villages (e.g wife's family village not far from bkk) folks are just told who to vote for / support. Saves a lot ofneedless thinking. Sadly, the uneducated masses really have no idea of political processes and democracy.