Accessing Smaller Islands From Ko Lanta

There are a host of smaller islands south of Ko Lanta that are usually accessed from Trang and ports in that area of the mainland.

Just wondering if anyone has hired boats from Ko Lanta to accomplish this. It would sure be a lot easier than going back to land, traveling down the coast, and then going back out to sea.

I guess I'm thinking of that little Ko Hai, Ko Mook, Ko Cheuak, Ko Kradan cluster. Is it a long trip? Expensive? Doable?

(Also, if you've done this in reverse--i.e., Ko Hai to Ko Lanta--I'd be interested in hearing about that, too.)

Any answers very much appreciated. :o

Just for reference, I found an answer to my question.

"There are no scheduled boats available for the distance from Lanta Island to Ngai, Muuk or Kradan Island. However, it is possible to rent a long-tail boat either in Saladan or in Hua Laem Village. There is also the possibility to join in a snorkelling excursion from Lanta Island to these southern islands and get off the boat on one of them. Please make sure, that they will drop you off at the island of your choice before booking."

http://andaman-island-hopping.com/traffic/...al.htm#jumlanta

In response to this, I've decided to go somewhere closer. I've heard of Ko Bubu and Ko Jum (sometimes called Ko Pu). Anyone have any opinions on either of these places?

Thanks.