• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

2. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

3. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

4. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

5. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

6. 563

White Culture

7. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

8. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

9. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

10. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

11. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 125

Trump chickens out again.

14. 68

15. 68

Malaysians Vote In General Elections

Malaysians vote in general elections

Kuala Lumpur: -- Malaysian voters went to the polls on Sunday in closely contested parliamentary and state elections.

Prime Minister Najib Razak, who heads the ruling National Front (BN) coalition, expressed satisfaction at the voting process.

"There should be no reason to worry or be afraid because everything is under control," Najib said, amid concerns of poll fraud and irregularities.

"I trust the people will make the wise decision based on their level of confidence in the country and what lies ahead for Malaysia."

"The allegations that parties friendly to the BN are bringing in foreign workers to vote is totally untrue," the prime minister said. "We are committed to a fair election."

Opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim expressed optimism that his People’s Alliance could wrest power from the National Front.

"If the turnout is good, our chances of winning will also be high," he said after voting in the northern state of Penang.

An opinion survey conducted the week before the elections showed the opposition coalition ahead by 1 percentage point, with a large number of undeclared voters.

Malaysia has been governed by the National Front, dominated by the United Malay National Organization, for the past 56 years.

The election commission said 13.3 million people were eligible to vote for 222 parliamentary seats and 505 state assembly seats.

Long queues of voters were seen at polling centres around the capital Kuala Lumpur and surrounding suburbs.

Damien Francis, 40, a first-time voter, was among those who cast ballots early in Petaling Jaya outside the capital.

"I need to have my vote counted at this very important time in our history," he said. "My vote is secret as it is sacred."

Deputy election commissioner Ahmad Omar said voter turnout was expected to be between 75 per cent and 85 per cent.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-05

Malaysia's ruling coalition wins elections

Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia's ruling National Front coalition retains its majority in the parliament, extending its 56-year hold to power, election results showed Monday.

The National Front won 132 parliamentary seats, while the opposition People’s Alliance won 84 seats, with only six seats remaining to be tabulated, election commission data showed.

Prime Minister Najib Razak hailed the result and called for reconciliation after campaigns marred by political violence.

"One of the programmes we will undertake is national reconciliation," Razak said.

"We are looking forward to reject political and racial extremism, and work towards a more moderate and accommodating environment."

Opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim however accused the government of cheating and vowed to contest the results.

"We want the elections commission to explain the irregularities," Ibrahim told reporters. "We want the elections commission to resolve the disputed seats."

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-06

Najib - your corrupted cabinet and cronies won because of money politics, votes buying, phantom voters from bangladesh, nepal, mynamar, anonymous ballot boxes brought in by "taxi" and police car without number plat during vote counting, electricity black out in polling station - recount - and magically having a few more ballot boxes appeared, racial politics. The election committee is not independent at all.

You capture rural seats - where they have no access to information and free media - rural areas thats does not have much contribution to economic - rural areas that are being exploited by your cronies.

Malaysia have approx 35% of middle class citizen (regardless of malays, chinese or indians) in the two richest states in Malaysia - Selangor and Penang. Kuala Lumpur (the capital city of Malaysia) is also governed by oppositions. Selangor and Penang is keeping the other 14 states in Malaysia alive. And you still failed to recapture them after 5 years. Your Barisan National lose badly in both Parlimen and State for this two states. I repeat - BADLY !!

Rules of thumb - 80-20 rules - 80% of the economic is supported by 20% of the country.

Behell with your 1Malaysia slogan - 10 minutes after getting to know you won - you brought back out the racial comment like chinese tsunami - malays should backup - indians is smart to sit on the fence - what the hell did you promise the malaysian before the election - no more racial divides and promote unity. my foot !

To all other malaysians - sad to say - stop complaining about not having better education in rural areas, stop complaining about no internet access or even mobile signal in your village, stop complaining about being envious about the city, stop complaining about not able to travel to other part of the country because of highway toll, stop complaining about police is not doing their work and snatch thief and crime is increase every single day, stop complaining about petrol prices rising sky high despite that Malaysia have one of the top quality petrol deposit in the the world, stop complaining about price of food is so high and you just cannot keep up the standard of living, stop complaining about not having to get cheaper house and your children cannot even afford a decent home after graduation, stop complaining that your kids is not coming back to your hometown to visit you during festive season, stop complaining when you see your children living to other country after graduation and no one watch you die in peace, stop complaining about always riding a motorcycle or bicycle and having no chance to even own a cheapo proton car where the cheapest model will cost you RM 40K, stop complaining that you no longer have a life !! - because you brought this onto yourself when you decided to vote the government back to power.

Oh - I totally forgotten that you don't even give a damn - All you are interested is that RM 500 cash voucher for the next upcoming election. How pity that RM 500 can buy your pride and dignity.

Bangkok - I am coming home this Thursday.

• Like 1

Najib - your corrupted cabinet and cronies won because of money politics, votes buying, phantom voters from bangladesh, nepal, mynamar, anonymous ballot boxes brought in by "taxi" and police car without number plat during vote counting, electricity black out in polling station - recount - and magically having a few more ballot boxes appeared, racial politics. The election committee is not independent at all.

You capture rural seats - where they have no access to information and free media - rural areas thats does not have much contribution to economic - rural areas that are being exploited by your cronies.

Malaysia have approx 35% of middle class citizen (regardless of malays, chinese or indians) in the two richest states in Malaysia - Selangor and Penang. Kuala Lumpur (the capital city of Malaysia) is also governed by oppositions. Selangor and Penang is keeping the other 14 states in Malaysia alive. And you still failed to recapture them after 5 years. Your Barisan National lose badly in both Parlimen and State for this two states. I repeat - BADLY !!

Rules of thumb - 80-20 rules - 80% of the economic is supported by 20% of the country.

Behell with your 1Malaysia slogan - 10 minutes after getting to know you won - you brought back out the racial comment like chinese tsunami - malays should backup - indians is smart to sit on the fence - what the hell did you promise the malaysian before the election - no more racial divides and promote unity. my foot !

To all other malaysians - sad to say - stop complaining ... - because you brought this onto yourself when you decided to vote the government back to power.

Oh - I totally forgotten that you don't even give a damn - All you are interested is that RM 500 cash voucher for the next upcoming election. How pity that RM 500 can buy your pride and dignity.

Bangkok - I am coming home this Thursday.

Hey bro,

the fight is not over yet....

it has just begun.... This was a test of fire, and it can only get harder for those with the resolution for justice and fairness...

I am glad to see that despite the disappointing outcome, many are still holding on the hope that drove 80% voters to the polls....

"ubah" (change) is not something that was limited to the 5th of May...

but something that the whole of Malaysia needs to embrace and practise to bring about a brighter future...

As one of my friend aptly puts it

"Are we united towards a common cause, or united against a common enemy? Beware the latter, for when the enemy falls, what is left?"

Today and the days leading up to the next five years will tell how strong our resolve as a nation is...

and whether we can carry ourselves as the better men and a 'Malaysian tsunami'....

so yes, Malaysians cannot complain as the leaders we have we voted in (be it genuinely or not)

but all the more it is a reminder that we need to continue playing our part...

especially in presenting alternatives to those blinded by the propagandas...

• Like 1

The rallies and protests start tonight. Don't worry friends the fight is no where near over yet.

After widespread voting irregularities and various shenanigans, only a 'Malay Spring' can save the day for the opposition now

Just nice - my plane leaves tomorrow night to back to Bangkok. I will be attending tonight.

My thai wifey is supportive - tell me if I need to delay my flight then go ahead. but I already brought the tickets la.

I was explaining to her about our election process - she also said dirty - not to say Thailand not is 100% clean - but Malaysia is worst. She say all the tricks used by BN are tricks similar tricks that happened to Thailand's election back like 30-40 years ago.

Malu la - the whole world is watching us.