Need To Go To Bang Sean. Are The Police At Ekamai Still Scamming?

wellred

I wanted to take the bus to Bang Sean to see the hell garden and initially wanted to take a taxi but heard the bus is quite cheap. I know Ekamai was previously a renowned spot for cigarette and whatever other colourful scams police would try on unsuspecting tourists.

Does anyone know if this still goes on?

Assuming I will take the bus can I just turn up at the station to book a ticket for the next day?

Thanks

or should i say my buddy bribed a policeman 60,000 baht at ekkamai for a bunch of pot, and one week later the police officer makes headline news.

is that vague enough? thats all I can make it because its common knowledge in sukhumvit that its the thonglor station that patrols ekkamai bus station.

I've been searched after arriving from Pattaya and even had some Kamagra or something similar on me, which strictly isn't legal without a prescription. No problems, no shakedown, no fine. It has actually happened more than once. No fine, no shakedown.

The police are there because experience shows them that people arriving from Pattaya have illegal items. Instead of taking these mostly tourists to court and throwing them in a Thai jail, a little street justice and slap on the wrist is enacted.

Corrupt yes, but would you really rather that the police should throw people in jail for these things? A LOT of poor thais are in jail for pot, yabba and the like. I don't think most farang would enjoy a thai jail cell.

• Like 1

If the OP planning breaking the law such as throwing his cigarette down on the ground then yes he may have to face the consequences for ,his illegal behavior if caught or as the OP likes to call it, be scammed.

If the OP is worried about police charging tourists extra for getting on the bus, planting drugs on tourists or selling them a fake Rolex as a real one then he has little to worry about.