How Do You Get Your Windows Clean?

JomtienEats

I'm looking out through some windows that have only seen the CM smoke and smog for the past 10 years, and not a drop of soapy water.

They're filthy and impervious to any solution I apply. How do you get your windows clean? Acid? Professional Cleaners? New Windows Each Year?

Don't know, but if anyone knows someone who can come and clean a 20 foot high bay window and re-glaze it as well, please post the contact info. I'm sick of the mosquitoes getting in where the old glazing has come out. Had a few people come by to look but none had a ladder high enough. This should not be such an unusual request in Thailand. Don't know why it has been so difficult to find someone.

I assume you have cleaned both sides?

Vinegar 18 baht at 7/11. That will dissolve the calcium deposited by the rain.Then laundry detergent in water, then rinse with water.

Yes it's the outside that's the problem. It's a high rise, so the inside has seen some attention over time, but the outside, while accessible, has be left entirely unbothered. I'll try some vinegar to see if that does the trick. Thanks smile.png

Hey Jeremy, you couldn't find your own thread for that?

Sorry, that's a bit snappy of me - I guess cleaning the outside of a window on a high rise is pretty impossible if the window doesn't open or is inaccessible. I think in the west some buildings management arrange the cleaning for the whole building. I'd think, in CM, once a year, after smokey season would be the best time for condo management to arrange a top to bottom cleaning of all the outside windows. More sense than individual owners trying to do it.

Be careful not to fall in your attempt. Foreigners falling from high-rises hasn't caught on here, yet whistling.gif

It would be also even more mysterious if there was NO Lek, Noi [insert name here] aged 21 who had just popped out to get some sticky rice and found her tilac had accidentally fallen out of the window on her return.

Sorry, that's a bit snappy of me - I guess cleaning the outside of a window on a high rise is pretty impossible if the window doesn't open or is inaccessible. I think in the west some buildings management arrange the cleaning for the whole building. I'd think, in CM, once a year, after smokey season would be the best time for condo management to arrange a top to bottom cleaning of all the outside windows. More sense than individual owners trying to do it.

Now inaccessible windows and in Post #7 you state the windows are accessible, either way you hit the nail on the head with your initial post suggesting replace the windows each year.

Be careful not to fall in your attempt. Foreigners falling from high-rises hasn't caught on here, yet whistling.gif

It would be also even more mysterious if there was NO Lek, Noi [insert name here] aged 21 who had just popped out to get some sticky rice and found her tilac had accidentally fallen out of the window on her return.

Shouldn't this be on a Pattaya site/forum with the all the other old chestnuts?

Shouldn't this be on a Pattaya site/forum with the all the other old chestnuts?

I was a little worried the OP might import one of Pattaya's pastimes up north smile.png

Vinegar and mix in some I believe it is sodium or sulpher.

Sorry can't remember many people would take a box of it and open it up place it in the refrigerator to absorb food smells.

Maybe some one here will remember it. The brand we used had an arm and hammer in it and came in a yellow box.

Vinegar and mix in some I believe it is sodium or sulpher.

Sorry can't remember many people would take a box of it and open it up place it in the refrigerator to absorb food smells.

Maybe some one here will remember it. The brand we used had an arm and hammer in it and came in a yellow box.

I would recommend not adding sodium to vinegar.

Don't mix Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda) with vinegar. One is an acid, the other is a base. You get a small chemical reaction.

I believe vinegar is the best for windows. I actually use plain soap (dishwashing kind) and water and then a final clean with any window cleaner, like Windex. The soap and water is only for those that are really greasy and grimy.

Best of luck and let us know what works best on CM grime.

I bought my wife a Karcher window cleaner,(cheaper than gold) she has

not made use of it yet,so may have preferred the gold !

You try to do your best for them.

regards Worgeordie

Any entrepreneurs out there.

This looks like an amazing business to open. Especially if you could get the right equipment for the windows on tall buildings without terraces.

When I was living in Canada we had a fellow come once a year for $40 he had ladders high enough to do two story buildings and he also carried a lot of spare clips for screens, He would work for about 8 months a year and then spend 4 in Thailand.

In past years in the States I made solution of ammonia and perhaps vinegar or another liquid, but can't recall what it was. Be careful for you could have a very harmful gaseous mixture. Here in Chiang Mai when I moved into a rental house a year ago, the windows hadn't been cleaned for a few years, so I bought Mr. Muscle Windex and the lady cleaned them in no time using newspapers to wipe them dry.

Don't know, but if anyone knows someone who can come and clean a 20 foot high bay window and re-glaze it as well

Actually I did have my own thread about 6 months ago and nobody replied so I thought I would intentionally hijack yours and hope for a response.wink.png

• 4 weeks later...

I believe vinegar is the best for windows. I actually use plain soap (dishwashing kind) and water and then a final clean with any window cleaner, like Windex. The soap and water is only for those that are really greasy and grimy.

Yes vinegar was the only thing I could find that would shift the CM grime. Hard work though!

Like you said, finish with Windex.

Edited by JomtienEats

Yes vinegar was the only thing I could find that would shift the CM grime. Hard work though!

Like you said, finish with Windex.

Wow, that dirt must have been tough - it's taken you a month laugh.png