Transferring Money For Condo / Apartment

Hi

If this has been covered many times I can only apologies. I've searched but no joy.

Myself (UK National) & my wife (Thai National) plan to move to Thailand in the next few years. I'm interested in buying a condo / apartment for us to settle in.

My question is tho I believe when buying a property you need to show the money you use to buy with has been transferred into the country bank to bank for an accountable paper trail I guess ?

What I'm currently doing is transferring money monthly to my Thai account so for example in 5 years I would have enough money to purchase. Is that exceptable to do ? Or will they require to see it all come over in 1 amount as an when I'm ready to purchase ?

Finally I'm not to hot on the law on buying property. Where do I stand.

1. I believe if I just went out to buy from an estate agent 49% would be mine & 51% would be in the wife's name ?

Is that correct ?

2. Also are there such things as foreign free hold property's where it would be 100% mine ?

(Sounds awful I know but once bitten twice shy)

3.What's the chance of me getting a morgage in Thailand for it ? Is it possible or does it not exist.

4. What else can you tell me or direct me to ?

Thanks for any helpful responses.

All these questions really have been covered here a thousand times or more. You dont need to search: just read back over a few weeks or months and you will soon get the idea. Also try reading a the websites of a few Thailand-based estate agents, preferably in the area in which you intend buying. Whilst you shouldn't believe everything you read there (far from it) they will give you a good basic idea of the legal requirements.

All these questions really have been covered here a thousand times or more. You dont need to search: just read back over a few weeks or months and you will soon get the idea. Also try reading a the websites of a few Thailand-based estate agents, preferably in the area in which you intend buying. Whilst you shouldn't believe everything you read there (far from it) they will give you a good basic idea of the legal requirements.

This reply is UNHELPFUL and obviously NOT TRUE.

Edited by metisdead
Large font reset to normal. 30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.