Alleged Defamation Of Yingluck: M I C T Threat To Shut Down Websites ' A Rights Violation'

webfact

He urged anyone who finds offensive messages on the Internet to report them so they could be "immediately removed".

I find his message offensive and I want it removed NOW!

Go on then report it to him, and find out if he will listen to your foreign voice.
I was illustrating that everything can be considered offensive by someone

Everyone else got that and can appreciate the poignancy. ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My right to close anti-PM websites, minister claims

The Information and Communications Technology Ministry had been misunderstood and accused of blocking people's right to free speech following attacks from "ill-intentioned people", Minister Anudith Nakornthap said

On Monday, Anudith was criticised for overstepping his authority by threatening to shut down pages that carried allegedly defamatory remarks against PM Yingluck Shinawatra by cartoonist Chai Rachawat on Facebook.

Meanwhile, the ICT minister confirmed reports of his vow to take action related to criticism against Yingluck. He insisted he was doing his duty and that he had the authority to do so.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/My-right-to-close-anti-PM-websites-minister-claims-30205650.html

Duty? Moral or legal? Offending a politician is subject to his duty? What type of legalese is that?

• Like 1

He urged anyone who finds offensive messages on the Internet to report them so they could be "immediately removed".

I find his message offensive and I want it removed NOW!

Go on then report it to him, and find out if he will listen to your foreign voice.
I was illustrating that everything can be considered offensive by someone
Point taken

The defamation laws here seem to be quite Draconian. As in a lot of Asian countries the legal system here seems to be more of a weapon used by the rich, than a defensive tool, used to protect the weak and innocent. I have some interest in Law. I would be grateful to anyone who could direct me to a site that explains the ins and outs of this. I heard somewhere that even if you what you say is true, but causes damage, you can still be liable.

"Abhisit said the latest move goes against democratic principles."

That's fresh coming from a man who was never democratically elected and sanctioned the murder of protesters exercising their democratic right to peacefull protest.

That's fresh coming from a man who was never democratically elected and sanctioned the murder of protesters exercising their democratic right to peacefull protest.

A pint of what he's had please.

You are having a laugh aren't you?

The reds indoctrination knows no bounds.

Just goes to show its true if you tell a lie often enough someone will believe you.

No doubt this poster agrees with MICT

A pint of what he's had please.

Certainly sir, one pint of reality coming up!

You are having a laugh aren't you?

Truth hurts?

I guess all the wonderful news of the last few weeks for corruption free and in free fall Thailand, Thaksin, Pheau Thai, and the puppet Yingluck, really does have some clutching at straws. So avert from those countless wonderful items which the Red eye glass wearing brigade seemingly have done, and revert to the Red Maoist 101 bible, in a troll to an old item.

Bottom line is a guy who stands corruption free in Thailand being accused of murder stands as a man does and fights his battles, while the other corrupt fugitive from the justice of his peers hides overseas, and tries to buy and bully his way to control his peers justice, with the same money milked from his peers. The Shinawatra Amart will be well loved by fellow high flying democratic neighbours just like Thaksie's best mate Hunsie right next door. The people of Isaan can bow to Buddha and Thaksie and slave their children to the latest Amart.

Edited by Roadman
  • Like 1

Just goes to show its true if you tell a lie often enough someone will believe you.

Oh get over it you lot, Pheu Thai won with an overwhelming majority, they are the government and they get to call the shots, show me any democracy on earth where this isn't the case.

Oh get over it you lot, Pheu Thai won with an overwhelming majority, they are the government and they get to call the shots, show me any democracy on earth where this isn't the case.

Thailand.

Unelected Thaksin calls the shots.

Orders are carried out by his equally unelected sister.

Show me another 'democracy' as democratic as that!!!

Thailand.

Unelected Thaksin calls the shots.

Orders are carried out by his equally unelected sister.

Show me another 'democracy' as democratic as that!!!

Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Abhisit was democratically elected as a constituent MP. He was, and is, democratically elected as a petty list MP. He was democratically elected in parliament as the PM.

You should check out how parliamentary systems work, as it seems you don't know.

Sent from my Phone.

Abhisit was democratically elected as a constituent MP. He was, and is, democratically elected as a petty list MP. He was democratically elected in parliament as the PM.

You should check out how parliamentary systems work, as it seems you don't know.

Sent from my Phone.

Also Yingluck has never stood or been elected as a constituency MP as far as I'm aware.

Abhisit was accused of damaging the freedom of speech in the media I think.

Edited by kimamey