Quickest Safe Time To Build On Rice Land That Has Been Filled?

Check www.coolthaihouse.com.

http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1070

Story of my own housebuild on paddy.

Left our fill settle for a year before building.

Our footings were over two metres deep and went down through the fill into the old paddy.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm reading that story now. Well done.

Usually I find that site difficult to navigate, but your story flows.

Well done ... wai.gif

• 11 months later...

Why don't you excavate a big pond? You will get very cheap din dang and a bonus pond.

Can recommend that. Needed a lot of earth to raise 1 rai. Now have a 1 rai pond and the raised land. Cost 100,000 baht. Took 1 digger & 3 trucks, 6 days.

I estimate at least 500 truck loads. Average price around here is 300-350 baht/truck. Saved a load and got a free pond for the fish farm.

That was 6 weeks ago.

1st house is the guest house, and temporarily my home, while the main house is built.

Size is 7m x 8m, single storey. Have 12 x 5m piles/pillars going into the ground tomorrow. 9 piles are for the house, the extra 3 are for fancy pillars to sit on at the front.

Price for the piles (เสาเข็ม) is 10,000 baht. Price for the work is 20,000 baht.

The 20,000 seemed to be a fixed price for the day. If there 9 or 15 going in - same price. I did ask.

If the house falls apart at some point in the future, I will sheepishly admit to my rushing the job didn't work out. Fingers crossed for no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by sean in udon

Be very interested to see yr guest house design or pics and any details on build or pricing as I'm also building something small like that perhaps 48sqm plus verandah or balcony

Cheeryble

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app