Government Offices

colinneil

Yesterday i went to renew thai drivers license 1 year to 5 year.Igot certificate of residence from khonkaen immigration.

Iwent to license office banphai. Papers,

certificate of residence

medical certificate

old 1 year license

wifes id

wifes tabien bahn

I eye test ,reaction test, no farangs cannot get 5 year license without yellow book (bull...t

Left went to amphur banphai, i would like yellow book please, cerntainly sir ,answered questions, gave all papers asked for, passport , copies, wifes id blue book, parents names translated to thai, in out finished inside 1 hour. What i very helpful polite respectful person, lovely lady (big boss) could not have been more helpful. Big big thank you.

Went back to drivers office, how you get yellow book? Easy i just asked.

Cannot get 5 year license , we need coy of your father in laws tabien bahn .

Now i am boiling wife trying to keep me calm.Ok here is pa pas tabien bahn, we are not happy his signature.

4.45 pm they say stamps in y passport are wrong.

Immigration ok my passport and stamps are 100 % correct ,we need copies of all stamps in your passport.

Enough now i am blazing , tell them license now or i call 1111, make big complaint 5 minutes later i walk out with 5 year license.

8 in the morning get license 4.55 pm .

How different are goverment office. 1 office very helpful polite . 1 office doing everything to block farangs.

T.I.T.

• Like 1

What surprises me is that complaints and threats in combination with "boiling" made them change their minds. My own personal approach to this issue would have been the exact opposite, but up to you...

• Like 1