A Prostitute's Take On Thai Cartoon Uproar

webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wasnt written by some ho,maybe the minister should ban the nation as once again it has fallen into the depths of the toilet.this offends me and should be part of notthenation not a national newspaper

Edited by greg71
  • Like 2

Make of it what you may, there are some very nice points made.

At the cost of denigrating the people of Thailand?

If the Nation wishes to criticize the PM outright, I support its right to do so.

However, I draw the line at the use of hurtful racist articles that the editors know will be misunderstood or misinterpreted. It's not journalism. A responsible journalist can make his/her point without resorting to guttersnipe behaviour. I'm sure the folks at the Nation stood about giggling and patting each other on the back on just how smart they think they are.

• Like 2

Make of it what you may, there are some very nice points made.

At the cost of denigrating the people of Thailand?

If the Nation wishes to criticize the PM outright, I support its right to do so.

However, I draw the line at the use of hurtful racist articles that the editors know will be misunderstood or misinterpreted. It's not journalism. A responsible journalist can make his/her point without resorting to guttersnipe behaviour. I'm sure the folks at the Nation stood about giggling and patting each other on the back on just how smart they think they are.

denigrating the people of Thailand?

hurtful, racist articles?

not sure what you read, but i see nothing racist or hurtful. Please do show me what exactly you are referring to.

As for the the folks at the nation stood about giggling, they should be ashamed that they had a valid point to make but diluted it with nonsensical rhetoric.

Edited by candypants

Wasn't the idea for everyone to know it was fake, or am I the only one that can understand these post?

Come on people, use your imagination a bit, I think it was a good article. If you took this as someone "trolling", then you have been too long at TV.

If I was editor at the Nation, I'd give the writer a 2 month sabbatical without pay. ....or maybe it was the editor that wrote that tripe.

• Like 1

Let see, journalist goes an speaks to some prostitutes and has a conversation in English for what reasons?

The cartoonist makes plenty of sense for a person with common sense..

If you think your being made of fun now, wait till all the other media outlets catch up..

Show me a politician who doesn't prostitute his/her position, and I'll show you a municipal bridge made of cotton candy.

BTW, the so-called letter from a prostitute (above) was written by an English speaker. Just one of many proofs: In the last sentence, it mentiones; 'closet insulters.' No Thai, whether an English teacher or whatever, ever uses the word 'closet' as an adjective. They simply don't know that nuance of the Eng.language. Same with the phrase 'gender issue' used earlier in the fake letter.

Ok, I googled the name 'Tulsathit Taptim' and see he's a writer for the Nation. When the writer said he/she was a prostitute, I believed him. Just goes to show, you can't believe what Nation writers write. Also: though he tries to write in a such a cutsie crude style, he fails. Satire works when it resembles the object or person it's mocking. His fake letter is so contrived and off-base, that it's neither witty nor effective in trying to convey his message. Sorry Tulsathit. Try again, but don't try so hard to be cute.

I can only concur................Thank You

The article is trying to jangle peoples' subjective bells. It sounds contrived to me. Prostitute can be a noun or a verb. As a verb, it means, 'to sell one's services in a demeaning or questionable manner.' Prostitution is like the inverse of religion: we pretend disdain for prostitution, but we privately lust after it. On the other hand, we pretend we like going to church or temple, but we would rather slip in to the broom closet with some delectable sex object.

Go easy on the "WE" champ.

Even yingluck wouldn't have been able to write that. Her english is terrible. Not sure what that makes her but stupid, or as her brother would say "I am not care".

How many foreign PMs or Presidents speak good Thai?

They may be stupid or they may not be.