Where To Buy Fruits In Boxes? 5-10Kg. Makro?

barefoot1988

im leaving cm and heading back home tml, thought it would be nice to bring back some dragon fruits/pitaya . any idea where could i get like a box of these instead of individual in plastic bags? i been to tanin market and they dont have any boxes of it, i would be probably looking at a box of 10kg or so. does makro have them in boxes? or should i try my luck in muang mai instead?

No idea up there, but I always buy on the side of the road, Tuesday bought 10 kg of yellow Mango, she always packs in a box...., 1st one is soft today and just had one for breakfast... by the way 10 kg cost 200 baht...

Most other fruit buy over 6 kg and there packed in a box.

Is that what you are wanting ? the vendor has lots of different size boxes, but they are new brown NO writing on them

Yeah, not sure if you can get that into a Western country easily.

But Muang Mai market in the morning would be the place to go to buy in bulk for the best price.

You can into the UK, so long as it is considered a personal amount, not commercial importing. I took about 10Kg two years ago with no problems at all (and I had read the immigration rules; no problem).

Don't try taking even a leaf into Australia though. They are (much too late, imho) trying to zealously protect indigenous flora and fauna from imported species.