Hackers Target Thai P M Yingluck With Online Insult

webfact

"It might have been done by some teenagers... " said the prime minister's secretary-general, Suranand Vejjajiva.

They should hire them to help with the government's computer tablet program.

They're obviously much more knowledgeable than the current crew.

Edited by brd199
  • Like 1

UPDATE:
Police claim to know who hacked PM's Office website

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Technology Crime Suppression Division chief Thursday claimed that he knew the identity of the hacker who defaced the website of the PM's Office on Wednesday.

But Pol Maj Gen Pisit Pao-in said he would need some more time before he could make an arrest. The hacker lives in Thailand, he added.

He said his division now knew which group of hackers attacked the PM's Office website and police are now gathering more evidences.

He said there are no more than 10 groups of Thai hackers.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-09

The Technology Crime Suppression Division chief Thursday claimed that he knew the identity of the hacker who defaced the website of the PM's Office on Wednesday.

But Pol Maj Gen Pisit Pao-in said he would need some more time before he could make an arrest.

What? No first initial identification?

How disappointing.

He said there are no more than 10 groups of Thai hackers.

With an average of 800 hackers in each group?

The silly part of this is you can insult the current PM by telling the truth, and it's still defamatory.

It's very true. Truth is sometimes taken as an insult, some people really can't swallow the truth. I don't understand why !?!?!?

It's like if someone said that most farangs in Thailand are cheap losers who could not achieve anything in their country, ended up here in order to better survive, continuously rant about the high price of the local beer, and the people, and everything else, while thinking of themselves as they belong to the upper class, because their modest revenue allows them to still find a young girl to save their self esteem and put at least a little bit of joy in their depressing empty lives...

I am sure that some people would take this as an insult.

Not that I personally would say that, of course.

I would not even say what was said about the PM.

It's a question of education... Everybody deserves respect. The cheap charlie as much as the PM. But many people like to speak, read or write the truth apparently. At least "their truth"...

The silly part of this is you can insult the current PM by telling the truth, and it's still defamatory.

It's very true. Truth is sometimes taken as an insult, some people really can't swallow the truth. I don't understand why !?!?!?

It's like if someone said that most farangs in Thailand

"most farangs" is where your simile registers a FAIL, when compared to accurate post you quote and your first sentence.

Colorful rant, though.

Edited by brd199

It's like if someone said that most farangs in Thailand are cheap losers who could not achieve anything in their country, ended up here in order to better survive, continuously rant about the high price of the local beer, and the people, and everything else, while thinking of themselves as they belong to the upper class, because their modest revenue allows them to still find a young girl to save their self esteem and put at least a little bit of joy in their depressing empty lives...

It's a question of education... Everybody deserves respect. The cheap charlie as much as the PM. But many people like to speak, read or write the truth apparently. At least "their truth"...

I am going to sue you.clap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by jcb2001

It's like if someone said that most farangs in Thailand

"most farangs" is where your simile registers a FAIL, when compared to accurate post you quote and your first sentence.

Colorful rant, though.

I knew you would like it :)

Photo of alleged PM’s Office website hacker released
By Digital Media

13680758406637.jpg

BANGKOK, May 9 – Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung today distributed a photo of the alleged culprit who hacked into the website of the Prime Minister’s Office yesterday.

He identified the hacker as a Nakhon Si Thammarat resident and graduate of a Ratchabhat university. He previously intruded into the Channel 3 website.

Crime Suppression police are on a manhunt seeking the suspect, whom he described as a fugitive. Mr Chalerm said the authorities are checking to see if the man is mentally stable and if his action was politically motivated.

He said Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra did not order any legal action on the case and that it does not involve the Ministry of Information and Communications Technology (MICT).

“It’s my duty to do (this case),” he said. "It has damaged [the image of] the PM’s Office.”

The PM’s Office website was hacked at about noon Wednesday with derogatory remarks against Ms Yingluck. The site was consequently closed down for several hours. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-05-09

13680758406637.jpg

He looks like he's been involved in crime for a long time.

I hope they catch him soon and he doesn't escape to Cambodia.

Edited by brd199

I am going to sue you.clap2.gif clap2.gif

I am innocent !!!

:)

So that's what a hacker looks like, thought it was a spittoon to start with.

But hang on I have this wrong, that's not the photo that's been released of the hacker that's a photo opportunity for Chalerm.

Oh dear now I'm in trouble, can I plead 'honest mistake' or is that worn out.

OPM website hacker attacked Channel 3's website before: Chalerm
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The hacker who attacked Office of the Prime Minister's website is a 29-year-old man of Nakhon Si Thammarat native who had hacked Channel 3 website before, Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said on Thursday.

Chalerm said the identity of the hacker had been known. Police had evidence. But the man is fleeing.

Chalerm said he had learnt the hacker graduated from Chandrakasem Rajabhat University while the motivation of the attack was still unknown and not necessarily political.

Chalerm said he had volunteered tracking this hacker without assignment from the premier. He received the information from Pol Major General Pisit Pao-in who is a buster of cyber crime.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-09

"motivation of the attack was still unknown and not necessarily political."

Oh, a student like prank, like those "celebrities endorse PT Pol General Pongsapat" doctored photo's. Clearly this chap deserves the same level of punishment.

BTW "Chalerm said he had volunteered tracking this hacker without assignment from the premier" ? What's the matter, is Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm running out of 90-day projects? All reports on 'mission accomplished' written? Amazing.

• Like 2

It would seem more impressive to show the picture of the Major General " cyber crime buster" than a ex police Captain.

Chalerm might see himself as photogenic, but he could gives those a break who might experience nightmares after being exposed to a bad orginal vintage, which has been kept past its 'discard by date'. Maybe he feels a little threat from the latest family member who has joined the team, thus he has to make busy work for himself, to facilitate a public display of patting himself on the back.

It would seem more impressive to show the picture of the Major General " cyber crime buster" than a ex police Captain.

Chalerm might see himself as photogenic, but he could gives those a break who might experience nightmares after being exposed to a bad orginal vintage, which has been kept past its 'discard by date'. Maybe he feels a little threat from the latest family member who has joined the team, thus he has to make busy work for himself, to facilitate a public display of patting himself on the back.

The "Napoleon" of crime fighting

451593-01.jpg

BANGKOK, May 8 - The official website of Thailand's Office of the Prime Minister was hacked today with the name and title of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra replaced with messages attacking the premier herself.

Impolite messages written in English were posted by anonymous hackers identifying themselves only as "Unlimited Hack Team!!!".

The Register (UK) 9th May 2013

The site defacement included a picture of her laughing alongside the words Im a slutty moron, and later, "I know that I am the worst Prime Minister ever in Thailand history!!!", according to The Hacker News.

Responsibility for the hack was claimed by local duo Unlimited Hack Team, however a message on their Facebook page denies all responsibility and claims that rival hackers may be trying to unfairly blame them for the attack.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/05/09/thai_pm_site_defaced/

Interesting information on her history, the hacking stats, and plans for law revision

ZDNet News May 9, 2013

This is not the first time Yingluck had been targeted by hackers. In July 2012, Yingluck's Twitter account was hacked and eight tweets criticizing her policies posted, according to a BBC report.

Last year, up to 2,960 Web sites were hacked from September 2012 to January this year, of which 1,250 belonged to the government, the report noted.

Thailand's government is in the midst of reforming the country's computer crime law as it does not address current IT security issues and is planning a public hearing for citizen participation in the law revision, which is expected to take up to three years.

• Like 1

Link for above news:
http://www.zdnet.com/th/thailand-prime-ministers-homepage-defaced-with-insults-7000015110/

btw, the hacked PM's Office Minister's website is still down.

http://www.opm.go.th/

Nalinee Taweesin is the PM's Office Minister. She's the one blacklisted with her assets frozen by America:

'Crony' of African Strongman Among Thai Names in Secret Offshore Files

Blacklisted, and now hacked. She's having a rough go.

• Like 2

Hats off to the person who wrote the headline

I take that to read that a photograph has been released of the website hacker of the "alleged PM"

• Like 1