Tuk Tuks And Taxis In Phuket. A Different Perspective

IrishIvan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20-25k a month what kind of education does this tuk tukk guys have? = zero he should be making 10k not more then a fresh student out from Chula..
Free markets dictate wages not Thai visa

OK, you want to talk about "free markets"?  It's not a free market at all.  That's why we refer to their racket as a "mafia".  Duh.  They perpetrate a transport monopoly, sometimes resorting to violence to do so, and that's why they can "dictate wages".  To be able to "dictate" in that manner is NOT a free market.  Let these drivers compete, allowing all who want to try their hand at it, without any of the anti-competitive intimidation or smackdowns (against either newcomer would-be driver/providers OR tourists!), and wherever the price settles THEN I'll agree is fair.  'Course that's not gonna' happen, as you & they well know.  After all these years and widespread internet exposure of what goes on, their stories must be pretty well-oiled, and you not only eat it up, but actually try to become one of their apologists.  You must own quite a collection of bridges to nowhere.

But I DO take your advice (to NomadJoe).  I avoid Phuket, period. 

Look at Australia by a couple of cities. Sydney has only Taxis Combined. Its very rare to get a different cab there. Swan Taxis are the only ones in Perth. That to me constitutes a monopoly. The bosses of these monopolies are getting rich, not the drivers. Last time I looked a taxi driver in Australia isnt exactly a glamour job.

There are hundreds of different little taxi outfits in Phuket. From mom and pop setups to the black plate taxis at the guesthouses. Larger resorts have their own green plate taxis. Plus they have the bigger fleets in Karon and Patong. I bet if you walked into your local bar the lady behind the counter could arrange a taxi for you any time of the day or night.

Try that in Singapore after a night out drinking. There are 100s of people queuing up at the taxi ranks till the early hours of the morning. The same in Australia. Getting a taxi anywhere in any city there on a Friday or Saturday night is impossible. Try getting a cab in KL that will put on the meter.

Lets look at Australian Cabbies

Do they fix their prices in Australia? Sure. Its a set price everywhere. The meters are pin point accurate. But a lot of them wont even take you if there isnt enough money in it for themselves.

Do they get into fights with drunks and resort to violence? Yes they do, they even have a panic button where all the cabbies swarm to the troubled spot like a pack of hyenas.

Does this make the paper when a few cabbies flog a tourist thay probably deserved it? No.

Do the cops in Australia chase it up or really care? No because the buy was pissed drunk and deserved it because he tried to do a runner.

Do the taxi drivers in Australia stick together to get better wages? Of course they do its human nature.

A friend of mine is here now in Phuket. He has wife and 4 kids. He doesnt want to rent a bike as its out of the question and he is too scared to drive a car here.

He actually picked a taxi driver near his hotel in Kata, and only uses him. He couldnt believe it was only 700 baht to Rawai from his hotel in Karon return..and the guy waits for him for a few hours while he is drinking beer with me and his family are relaxing at my house.

He said in Melbourne where he is from the taxi would be twice as much. And he would have to get 2 taxis to drive his family over. Because there is no chance ofsqueezing an extra kid or 2 in the taxi to save money. And the guy was waiting for him.

A very happy camper indeed. and he uses the same taxi driver to do all his family's shopping, and take his family to the beach and all the rest. I have heard plenty of similar stoties from my friends on holidays that are satisfied customers.

Perhaps focusing more on the positives than negetives with these taxi drivers who IMO are just trying to make a living.

It wont make any difference at all if they put meters in Taxis. They will just increase the surchages exactly the same way they do in metered cabs from the airport. Meters just mean the owners of bigger companies will be able to see how much money the taxi drivers are making, and take a bigger slice. The cabbies will then refuse to turn the meters on and the cycle continues.

Your knowledge of taxis in Perth is very limited my friend!!!

I dont generally use them because they are all a rip off there, more expensive than Phuket. There is Swan and is the other one black and white cabs isnt it? Thats known as a duopoly. Still not exactly free market

I have to share another example of the kinds of people at least some of these drivers are. Two guests just told me that after they were dropped off by the local bus in front of Kata Beach Resort, they inquired with the taxi/tuk tuk rank how far it was from there to our place. The drivers told them it was 5km and 200B. So after being driven the easily walkable 1km in about 30 seconds and arriving at our place, they realized they had been ripped off.

I have to share another example of the kinds of people at least some of these drivers are. Two guests just told me that after they were dropped off by the local bus in front of Kata Beach Resort, they inquired with the taxi/tuk tuk rank how far it was from there to our place. The drivers told them it was 5km and 200B. So after being driven the easily walkable 1km in about 30 seconds and arriving at our place, they realized they had been ripped off.

I agree it's not 5 kicks, but Thais have no idea of actual distances (in my experience). Were they scammed - no, as 200 baht is the correct price for that journey. If really 5 kicks it would have been more than 200.

The tuktuk prices in Phuket is similare to the taxi prices in my home country. The big difference is in my home country you sit in a Merchedes or BMW taxi, but in Phuket you sit in the back of a open micro pick up. The Taxi driver in my country dont complain, even his living expenses is sky high compare to Thailand.

Dont belive all you hear from tuktuk drivers about income, price of tuktuk, stereo etc. They just try to get symphati for their rip of prices.

I overheard a tuktuk driver who talk to some farang in Patong. He told them that he paid 850 000thb for the tuktuk, and he had a 100 000 thb stereo. Yeah right. If he pays 850 000 thb for the tuktuk, why dont he buy a Bangkok taxi instead for half the price.

If they earn 20-25 000 thb pr month, why not just skip the 100 000 thb stereo and lower the prices? He can lower the prices and get more profit without this sound poluted stereos. A win win situation for every body.

LIK:

Re your above comment: "I agree it's not 5 kicks, but Thais have no idea of actual distances (in my experience). Were they scammed - no, as 200 baht is the correct price for that journey. If really 5 kicks it would have been more than 200."

It is understood that members of the Forum are not to slander Thais and Thailand in general, especially without any evidence of the basis of the slur.

I have ridden in many types of vehicles with Thai drivers throughout the country over 40 years. I assure you, they know the distance of a kilometer.

Clearly, in the case you were responding to, the tu-tuk driver wanted to exaggerate the distance in order to convince the tourists to take a ride. And they were taken for a ride.

More respect and common sense please.

TN

IrishIvan,

You keep mentioning that one reason the tuks-tuks are so great, is because they WAIT for their passengers, while they drink, eat, whatever ..for HOURS.

Have you neglected to ask yourself, WHY they wait? In my experience, all over Thailand, if you tell them, ask them, beg them, NOT to wait, they will wait for you anyway. Because they earn more by sitting on their ass for hours, waiting, and getting the return fare, then by actually working and looking for new customers. If, on the other hand, you ask them to wait, or agree to them waiting, they will also charge you for the waiting, as well as the return fare, but in almost no cases, when I have said, do not wait, I will not pay extra, they wait anyway.

This really isn't an added value they provide, except to themselves, especially when there are 50 other drivers randomly waiting, where you happen to be.

IrishIvan,

You keep mentioning that one reason the tuks-tuks are so great, is because they WAIT for their passengers, while they drink, eat, whatever ..for HOURS. 

Have you neglected to ask yourself, WHY they wait?  In my experience, all over Thailand, if you tell them, ask them, beg them, NOT to wait, they will wait for you anyway.  Because they earn more by sitting on their ass for hours, waiting, and getting the return fare, then by actually working and looking for new customers.  If, on the other hand, you ask them to wait, or agree to them waiting, they will also charge you for the waiting, as well as the return fare, but in almost no cases, when I have said, do not wait, I will not pay extra, they wait anyway.

This really isn't an added value they provide, except to themselves, especially when there are 50 other drivers randomly waiting, where you happen to be.

Sorry there isnt 50 tuk tuk drivers outside my house now. My mate just left with his family. If the taxi driver hadnt of waited for him then I would have had to give him a lift. And I dont really want to drive drunk with his family in the car. Good service IMO. I will PM you his number if you want a great Phuket taxi driver, we even had a few beers before he went off for some food. He was particularly angry about some of the articles and posts on TV after I explained to him what people were saying. He asked if I knew any of the people writing this about taxi drivers in Phuket. I said I dont know anyone on here, but I told him the Farang newspapers that were reporting this sort of stuff.

You are worried about you driving drunk, but the tuk-tuk driver "had a few beers before he went off" and that is okay?

Why would you be discussing what "farangs" think about them, in this way that you just said, because you want to cause problems and discord between "them and us"? What else could be the reason?

And your comments about him wanting to know who said this, do you know someone, that seems like a threat to me? Are you taking this some other way? Why don't you just buy a tuk-tuk and join in the protests, and we can know for sure, what side you are on.

IrishIvan,

You keep mentioning that one reason the tuks-tuks are so great, is because they WAIT for their passengers, while they drink, eat, whatever ..for HOURS.

Have you neglected to ask yourself, WHY they wait? In my experience, all over Thailand, if you tell them, ask them, beg them, NOT to wait, they will wait for you anyway. Because they earn more by sitting on their ass for hours, waiting, and getting the return fare, then by actually working and looking for new customers. If, on the other hand, you ask them to wait, or agree to them waiting, they will also charge you for the waiting, as well as the return fare, but in almost no cases, when I have said, do not wait, I will not pay extra, they wait anyway.

This really isn't an added value they provide, except to themselves, especially when there are 50 other drivers randomly waiting, where you happen to be.

Sorry there isnt 50 tuk tuk drivers outside my house now. My mate just left with his family. If the taxi driver hadnt of waited for him then I would have had to give him a lift. And I dont really want to drive drunk with his family in the car. Good service IMO. I will PM you his number if you want a great Phuket taxi driver, we even had a few beers before he went off for some food. He was particularly angry about some of the articles and posts on TV after I explained to him what people were saying. He asked if I knew any of the people writing this about taxi drivers in Phuket. I said I dont know anyone on here, but I told him the Farang newspapers that were reporting this sort of stuff.

ridiculous what you just said

You are worried about you driving drunk, but  the tuk-tuk driver "had a few beers before he went off" and that is okay?

Why would you be discussing what "farangs" think about them, in this way that you just said, because you want to cause problems and discord between "them and us"?  What else could be the reason?

And your comments about him wanting to know who said this, do you know someone, that seems like a threat to me?  Are you taking this some other way? Why don't you just buy a tuk-tuk and join in the protests, and we can know for sure, what side you are on.

He is a professional driver and I am not. Also he had a few beers and would be fine under .08. I had a fair bit more than that :D

You are worried about you driving drunk, but  the tuk-tuk driver "had a few beers before he went off" and that is okay?

Why would you be discussing what "farangs" think about them, in this way that you just said, because you want to cause problems and discord between "them and us"?  What else could be the reason?

And your comments about him wanting to know who said this, do you know someone, that seems like a threat to me?  Are you taking this some other way? Why don't you just buy a tuk-tuk and join in the protests, and we can know for sure, what side you are on.

And also its not a threat. He was just asking about where all the negative publicity was coming from. I explained to him that a lot of Farangs that live here think its too expensive and they air their complaints on public forums. But the main exposure comes from the 2 big newspapers in Phuket. Of course he wasnt happy.

20-25k a month what kind of education does this tuk tukk guys have? = zero he should be making 10k not more then a fresh student out from Chula..

Free markets dictate wages not Thai visa

OK, you want to talk about "free markets"? It's not a free market at all. That's why we refer to their racket as a "mafia". Duh. They perpetrate a transport monopoly, sometimes resorting to violence to do so, and that's why they can "dictate wages". To be able to "dictate" in that manner is NOT a free market. Let these drivers compete, allowing all who want to try their hand at it, without any of the anti-competitive intimidation or smackdowns (against either newcomer would-be driver/providers OR tourists!), and wherever the price settles THEN I'll agree is fair. 'Course that's not gonna' happen, as you & they well know. After all these years and widespread internet exposure of what goes on, their stories must be pretty well-oiled, and you not only eat it up, but actually try to become one of their apologists. You must own quite a collection of bridges to nowhere.

But I DO take your advice (to NomadJoe). I avoid Phuket, period.

I never said avoid Phuket. I said don't use the tuk tuks, if possible.

You are worried about you driving drunk, but the tuk-tuk driver "had a few beers before he went off" and that is okay?

Why would you be discussing what "farangs" think about them, in this way that you just said, because you want to cause problems and discord between "them and us"? What else could be the reason?

And your comments about him wanting to know who said this, do you know someone, that seems like a threat to me? Are you taking this some other way? Why don't you just buy a tuk-tuk and join in the protests, and we can know for sure, what side you are on.

He is a professional driver and I am not. Also he had a few beers and would be fine under .08. I had a fair bit more than that biggrin.png

Limit's .05 BAC in Thailand.

I agree it's not 5 kicks, but Thais have no idea of actual distances (in my experience). Were they scammed - no, as 200 baht is the correct price for that journey. If really 5 kicks it would have been more than 200.

They were going to walk if it was not too far.They were lied to and so paid 200B for a 1km ride that they were told was 5x that. Even the densest tuk tuk driver knows Kata beach is about a km long, not 5km long. They were scammed.

"For me I actually sympathized with this man." - For me, sympathy for this man is ZERO.

What foreigners does he think he is competing with? The package holiday tourists, Russian and Chinese, organise coach buses, due to the overpriced tuk-tuk.

He, along with other drivers, and the "association" - better known as the cartel / mafia, have priced themselves out of the transport market.

I would have asked him if he thought he could make more money driving around like a hop-on / hop-off baht bus, like in Pattaya. It's obviously successful in Pattaya. Why not here?

I also would have replied to his, "Is 500 baht expensive for you" question with - "No, but I can rent a motorbike for 24 hours for 200 baht. Do you think people will pay your 500 baht, or hire a motorbike? You charge 500 baht to Rawai and 500 baht back to Patong. That's 1000 baht. I can rent a motorbike, ride to Rawai, rent a guest house room for the night for 500 baht, go out drinking, and ride back to Patong the next day, and the cost is only 700 baht. I save 300 baht." I would have like to hear is reply to that. smile.png

Look at his salary. Many Thai university graduates do not earn what he earns and he has no tertiary education.

They only have themselves to blame for loss of income, bought about by their poor reputation and ridiculous high pricing under a system that offers them protection and guarantees no competition to them on the island.

I hope you don't listen to the bar girls sob stories as you did with this tuk-tuk driver. Next thing you know, you will be sending money to him for "sick tuk-tuk." smile.pngsmile.png

I chose to use a tuk tuk because I got a lift to Patong and would have had to wait an hour for a lift back. Plus I was in no state to drive, even by my standards.

In the Northern Territory where I am based now that fare would have cost me $50. Yes I can rent a car for $30 a day there. Same same but different

I dont have a tertiary education but I earn more than most westerners, by working on rigs and supply vessels. Bargirls earn more money than most other professionals too but its a short term career. Same as in a western country. The women working in the worlds oldest profession earn more than someone with a doctorate from Cambridge.

Another idiot comes to Phuket and tells us from his total lack of experience it was cool .. I am glad to see other people posting what fares are in other places in Thailand ..but it is people coming here like this guy that has made it hard for us locals to survive .. of course they have no idea what is going on and they think they know it all .. of course i don't know much after 32 years here in Phuket..

"For me I actually sympathized with this man." - For me, sympathy for this man is ZERO. 

What foreigners does he think he is competing with?  The package holiday tourists, Russian and Chinese, organise coach buses, due to the overpriced tuk-tuk. 

He, along with other drivers, and the "association" - better known as the cartel / mafia, have priced themselves out of the transport market.

I would have asked him if he thought he could make more money driving around like a hop-on / hop-off baht bus, like in Pattaya.  It's obviously successful in Pattaya.  Why not here?

I also would have replied to his, "Is 500 baht expensive for you" question with - "No, but I can rent a motorbike for 24 hours for 200 baht. Do you think people will pay your 500 baht, or hire a motorbike? You charge 500 baht to Rawai and 500 baht back to Patong.  That's 1000 baht.  I can rent a motorbike, ride to Rawai, rent a guest house room for the night for 500 baht, go out drinking, and ride back to Patong the next day, and the cost is only 700 baht.  I save 300 baht."  I would have like to hear is reply to that. Posted Image 

Look at his salary.  Many Thai university graduates do not earn what he earns and he has no tertiary education.

They only have themselves to blame for loss of income, bought about by their poor reputation and ridiculous high pricing under a system that offers them protection and guarantees no competition to them on the island. 

I hope you don't listen to the bar girls sob stories as you did with this tuk-tuk driver. Next thing you know, you will be sending money to him for "sick tuk-tuk." Posted ImagePosted Image

I chose to use a tuk tuk because I got a lift to Patong and would have had to wait an hour for a lift back. Plus I was in no state to drive, even by my standards.

In the Northern Territory where I am based now that fare would have cost me $50. Yes I can rent a car for $30 a day there. Same same but different

I dont have a tertiary education but I earn more than most westerners, by working on rigs and supply vessels. Bargirls earn more money than most other professionals too but its a short term career. Same as in a western country. The women working in the worlds oldest profession earn more than someone with a doctorate from Cambridge.

Another idiot comes to Phuket  and tells us from his total lack of experience it was cool .. I am glad to see other people posting what fares are in other places in Thailand ..but it is people coming here like this guy that has made it hard for us locals to survive  .. of course they have no idea what is going on and they think they know it all .. of course i don't know much after 32 years here in Phuket..

After 32 years in Phuket you wouldnt have the benefit of seeing what happens in farangland. Like wages going up. What the papers report. How much taxi fares are. How much it is to rent a car. After 32 years inflation plays a factor.

So the taxi industry makes you struggle? How may I ask? Share your experiences with us instead of just saying you are struggling.

Also why do people in this forum have to chest beat about how long they have been residing here. I couldnt care less really. It sort of makes me cringe.

What foreigners does he think he is competing with?  The package holiday tourists, Russian and Chinese, organise coach buses, due to the overpriced tuk-tuk. 

I would have asked him if he thought he could make more money driving around like a hop-on / hop-off baht bus, like in Pattaya.  It's obviously successful in Pattaya.  Why not here?

I also would have replied to his, "Is 500 baht expensive for you" question with - "No, but I can rent a motorbike for 24 hours for 200 baht. Do you think people will pay your 500 baht, or hire a motorbike? You charge 500 baht to Rawai and 500 baht back to Patong.  That's 1000 baht.  I can rent a motorbike, ride to Rawai, rent a guest house room for the night for 500 baht, go out drinking, and ride back to Patong the next day, and the cost is only 700 baht.  I save 300 baht."  I would have like to hear is reply to that. Posted Image 

Look at his salary.  Many Thai university graduates do not earn what he earns and he has no tertiary education.

I hope you don't listen to the bar girls sob stories as you did with this tuk-tuk driver. Next thing you know, you will be sending money to him for "sick tuk-tuk." Posted ImagePosted Image

Another idiot comes to Phuket  and tells us from his total lack of experience it was cool .. I am glad to see other people posting what fares are in other places in Thailand ..but it is people coming here like this guy that has made it hard for us locals to survive  .. of course they have no idea what is going on and they think they know it all .. of course i don't know much after 32 years here in Phuket..

After 32 years in Phuket you wouldnt have the benefit of seeing what happens in farangland. Like wages going up. What the papers report. How much taxi fares are. How much it is to rent a car. After 32 years inflation plays a factor.

So the taxi industry makes you struggle? How may I ask? Share your experiences with us instead of just saying you are struggling.

Also why do people in this forum have to chest beat about how long they have been residing here. I couldnt care less really. It sort of makes me cringe.

Its like a badge of honor, thailand wisdom honor.

Maybe we should all have badges sewn into our shirts with years as an expat.

Share stories of what used to be and how screwed everything is now.

More years here, more gripes.

He is a professional driver and I am not. Also he had a few beers and would be fine under .08. I had a fair bit more than that biggrin.png

Hahaahahahaha..professional driver..?? a tuk tuk driver a professional?? hahahahaa thanks for the laugh...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Give up mate..the more you post on this subject, the more foolish you end up looking....

Re you post above about cringing when people point out how long they have lived here....if you were one of the longer time posters you would not make such ridiculous posts...save us from cringing when reading your input.....coffee1.gif

Edited by andreandre

Hahaahahahaha..professional driver..?? a tuk tuk driver a professional?? hahahahaa thanks for the laugh...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Give up mate..the more you post on this subject, the more foolish you end up looking....

Re you post above about cringing when people point out how long they have lived here....if you were one of the longer time posters you would not make such ridiculous posts...save us from cringing when reading your input.....coffee1.gif

He's been around for quite some time.

And like it or not, but they are professionals.

And yes, nearly all tourists are happy with the tuktuks, albeit some complaints about the prices. But any post not slagging of the tuktuks is not accepted, which has been the case already for many years.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

And yes, nearly all tourists are happy with the tuktuks, albeit some complaints about the prices. But any post not slagging of the tuktuks is not accepted, which has been the case already for many years.

Obviously your definition of ''professionals'' is not the same as most .

Interesting point tho'..How would you quantify your statement..that ''they are professionals"'?wai2.gif

I was doing my rounds in Phuket with my computer bag slung over my shoulder when one of the clips on my bag just snapped.

So I'm standing there looking around for a bag shop when a tuk-tuk driver pulls up on me.

He lifts his pant leg, extracts a very large serrated edge knife, makes a slit in my bag where I was then able to knot the strap.

Armed and dangerous but heck of a guy.........

• Like 1

Obviously your definition of ''professionals'' is not the same as most .

Interesting point tho'..How would you quantify your statement..that ''they are professionals"'?wai2.gif

Without getting in a discussion about quality or competence, professional can be defined as 'engaged in a specified activity as one’s main paid occupation rather than as an amateur'. And since it is a main paid occupation for them, yes, they are professionals.

I'll presume BTW you mean 'me' when you say 'most', or did you do a survey on this? Makes you look weak when you try to cover behind others, especially when you don't even know there are others.

Definition from oxforddictionaries.com.

Edited by stevenl

A little hysteric there steven re below....; I'll presume BTW you mean 'me' when you say 'most', or did you do a survey on this? Makes you look weak when you try to cover behind others, especially when you don't even know there are others.

Make me look weak??giggle.gif

Any way your one example covers your idea of professional but how many boxes can you tick in the 7 below? whistling.gif

Definition

The main criteria for professionals include the following:

1. Expert and specialized knowledge in field which one is practising professionally.[7]
  2. Excellent manual/practical and literary skills in relation to profession.[8]
  3. High quality work in (examples): creations, products, services, presentations, consultancy, primary/other research, administrative, marketing, photography or other work endeavours.
  4. A high standard of professional ethics, behaviour and work activities while carrying out one's profession (as an employee, self-employed person, career, enterprise, business, company, or partnership/associate/colleague, etc.). The professional owes a higher duty to a client, often a privilege of confidentiality, as well as a duty not to abandon the client just because he or she may not be able to pay or remunerate the professional. Often the professional is required to put the interest of the client ahead of his own interests.
  5. Reasonable work morale and motivation. Having interest and desire to do a job well as holding positive attitude towards the profession are important elements in attaining a high level of professionalism.
  6. Appropriate treatment of relationships with colleagues. Consideration should be shown to elderly, junior or inexperienced colleagues, as well as those with special needs. An example must be set to perpetuate the attitude of one's business without doing it harm.
  7. A professional is an expert who is a master in a specific field.
Edited by andreandre

I was doing my rounds in Phuket with my computer bag slung over my shoulder when one of the clips on my bag just snapped.

So I'm standing there looking around for a bag shop when a tuk-tuk driver pulls up on me.

He lifts his pant leg, extracts a very large serrated edge knife, makes a slit in my bag where I was then able to knot the strap.

Armed and dangerous but heck of a guy.........

How much did he charge you for that? :) :)

A little hysteric there steven re below....; I'll presume BTW you mean 'me' when you say 'most', or did you do a survey on this? Makes you look weak when you try to cover behind others, especially when you don't even know there are others.

Any way your one example covers your idea of professional but how many boxes can you tick in the 7 below? whistling.gif

Definition

1. Expert and specialized knowledge in field which one is practising professionally.[7]
  3. High quality work in (examples): creations, products, services, presentations, consultancy, primary/other research, administrative, marketing, photography or other work endeavours.
  4. A high standard of professional ethics, behaviour and work activities while carrying out one's profession (as an employee, self-employed person, career, enterprise, business, company, or partnership/associate/colleague, etc.). The professional owes a higher duty to a client, often a privilege of confidentiality, as well as a duty not to abandon the client just because he or she may not be able to pay or remunerate the professional. Often the professional is required to put the interest of the client ahead of his own interests.
  5. Reasonable work morale and motivation. Having interest and desire to do a job well as holding positive attitude towards the profession are important elements in attaining a high level of professionalism.
  6. Appropriate treatment of relationships with colleagues. Consideration should be shown to elderly, junior or inexperienced colleagues, as well as those with special needs. An example must be set to perpetuate the attitude of one's business without doing it harm.

First of all, always mention a source with quotes like this. I did manage to find out your source is Wikipdia though.

Secondly, Wikipedia as a source.

Thirdly, you conveniently forgot to mention the parts of the article that don't suit your needs here.

Fourthly, yes hiding behind others makes you look weak. While you're at it, it would be a good idea to check up on the definition of hysteria as well.

Edited by stevenl

Thread Hijacking

When a person starts a posting on a message

board, or forum, or Facebook, that others are able to comment on, that

original posting and the comments on it are called a thread. A thread

hijacking occurs when one or more individuals commenting on the original

posting, go off topic, creating a separate conversation. This is rude,

and bad internet etiquette. If people want to discuss a different topic,

they should start their own thread.

Source: Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thread%20hijacking)

• Like 1

Definition

First of all, always mention a source with quotes like this. I did manage to find out your source is Wikipdia though.

Secondly, Wikipedia as a source.

Thirdly, you conveniently forgot to mention the parts of the article that don't suit your needs here.

Fourthly, yes hiding behind others makes you look weak. While you're at it, it would be a good idea to check up on the definition of hysteria as well.

Sorry MR Pedantic, yes the list i printed was indeed from Wiki[ sorry my bad].but the list 1-7 i posted is is exactly as it appears on Wiki...where on earth did you get your 1-13 from that i ''conveniently forgot''...makes you look very weak making false accusations on forum...Yes?

More importantly you obviously can not give an example of the list that applies to tuk tuk drivers. as i asked you....