Electronic Monitoring Of Juvenile Offenders Is Set To Begin In Thailand From August

webfact

Electronic monitoring of young offenders planned
PIYANUT TUMNUKASETCHAI
THE NATION

30205816-01_big.JPG?1368143668577

BANGKOK: -- Electronic monitoring (EM) of juvenile offenders is set to begin in Thailand from August. Some 200 young people convicted of road-racing offences will be the first to take part in the EM system, which allows offenders to complete their probation sentences at home.

Probation Department director-general Ruenvadee Suwanmongkol said yesterday a panel would be set up to identify which offenders qualify for the scheme.

"EM users' behaviour will be monitored. Assessments are to be conducted every three to six months. If their behaviour does not improve, they will be sent back to the normal probation system," she said. Under the normal system, offenders serve their terms at juvenile observation and protection centres.

Ruenvadee said her department is considering whether to use radio-frequency or global-positioning technology for the EM system or both.

"We will need an efficient system to ensure that the EM devices is destroyed or tampered with," she said. Two panels would be established to take charge of procurement and to review technical specifications.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-10

The system chosen will, by prior history be the one that offers the biggest kick back. Furthermore thye benefits of such systems depend on the operational protocols which have to be drawn up , monitored and implemented which has been shown on so many occasion to be a bridge too far for this country.

The system will only indicate the location of the user and nothing more so I see little value as a precursor of improved behaviour. Perhaps they should be fitted to PTP members to evaluate their performance.

Sadly I feel that this will simply turn into another venerable waste of public money with a little something on the side for the procurement crew.

The system chosen will, by prior history be the one that offers the biggest kick back. Furthermore thye benefits of such systems depend on the operational protocols which have to be drawn up , monitored and implemented which has been shown on so many occasion to be a bridge too far for this country.

The system will only indicate the location of the user and nothing more so I see little value as a precursor of improved behaviour. Perhaps they should be fitted to PTP members to evaluate their performance.

Sadly I feel that this will simply turn into another venerable waste of public money with a little something on the side for the procurement crew.

what you say makes sense, What about implanting a micro chip somewhere inside their bodies and using that as a tracking device? it works with wild animals, domestic pets, and vehicles.

what you say makes sense, What about implanting a micro chip somewhere inside their bodies and using that as a tracking device? it works with wild animals, domestic pets, and vehicles.

Yes, there is a conspiracy theory that has all people fitted with such a chip and it will be where their money is recorded/spent, will contain all health records, no more tax evasion, total control.

Oh yes - bring it on LOL

Now this is all very well just as feel good syndrome sneaks past the limit of bear ability, lets just Analise this, to monitor you need a monitoring apparatus, this means tec knowledge, you need people who know how to operate and repair, operate I can handle , repair I can handle ,But generally in Thai when things go down they are out for weeks at a time ,unless crucial to a system like aircraft or power systems, some never work again, so the question is Mi pen rai ( Is that spelt right.)cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif