My Cbr600Rr Thread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like it will be a real sweet Track bike when you get it finished. Your doing great on getting it running right for just getting it you seem to be whittling it down quickly! Did Shopow get your Rosso,s for your bike?

I can see what you mean I would be real bummed thrashing your 1000 on the track.

Good luck. See you next ride

Barry

It might be an idea to run a leak down test on all cylinders.

That looks like it will be a real sweet Track bike when you get it finished. Your doing great on getting it running right for just getting it you seem to be whittling it down quickly! Did Shopow get your Rosso,s for your bike?

I can see what you mean I would be real bummed thrashing your 1000 on the track.

Good luck. See you next ride

Barry

If i can not pin down the issue i will do a compression test. I dont see the need for a leak down on a simple gas engine. If i dont have compression the top end will be open for inspection. I really think the compression is ok as the bike runs great above idle.

Yes i removed the wheels and went to showpow. The lady was very nice and sent me the gogle map via whatsapp. They were proffesional and i would use them again. One issue i had is one of the tires had a 2012 date code. They did not volunteer this info but answered truthful when asked. Not a big deal

• 2 weeks later...

The 3rd plug looks suspect but i can not be certain that this is a issue...I cleaned them and re installed them. I also ordered a new set from the states..

Wouldn't it be easier to buy new plugs from a local bike shop?

The short answer is NO. I dont seem to have any luck finding parts for a non thai made bike here. I could put in substitutes but that seems to be a waste of money. Previously bolts, clamps etc were replaced with non oem. I have ordered all oem to replace these.

Panda Rider stocks NGK plugs from Japan if you decide to swap them out.

Spoke with panda rider today and they do not sell spark plugs

Panda Rider stocks NGK plugs from Japan if you decide to swap them out.

Spoke with panda rider today and they do not sell spark plugs
Strange- I just took this screenshot from their website- it says they're the official distributor for NGK- did you speak to Khun Siam?:

post-176811-0-09687600-1369306965_thumb.

Edited by RubberSideDown

They certainly can hide that ad..Its possible they didnt understand i spoke with a lady first then a man whos english was good....Anyway i did locate them from racing spec after checking dirt shop, ap shop, kittisak, honda big wing (same plug as a 2007 cbr1000), red baron a few local shops etcetc!!!

FYI they cost 3000 baht and 100 for van delivery from mochit to pattaya....

Let me update really quick. I actually ordered a set from the states already but shipping is delayed until after memorial day. This would then arrive here around the 18th of june....

One of the cylinders had/has a miss and it appeared to be the direct ignition coil. I ordered a used set even though i only needed one. The price for the set was 19.99 so a real bargain....They arrived yesterday and i removed all the plugs for inspection. They looked ok but were not hte correct plug for the bike. They are imr8c 9h as opposed to imr9c 9he. I think the only difference is heat range. Well when i went to reassemble everything the bike wouldnt start........Put the old coils back and the same problem not firing....I took the plugs out and grounded the case on the motor and still no fire. Not one of the four plugs was firing. This is CRAZY right??So i checked the wiring from the ecu and checked and checked and checked,,,,Everything is as it should be....Ok somehow i noticed that if i went to check the plug without grounding it to the motor it would arc......This tell me the ecu and coils are firing the way they should be....I went and got a random plug and tried it and it worked............

Ok i will leave it at that until the plugs arrive tonight...

• 1 month later...

I added the new plugs a coils and the engine is running properly. Late posting as i had fixed this a few weeks ago.

I then changed all the fuids as i wanted to get a track day in.

20130525_130951.jpg

The oil didnt look that bad god only knows when it was changed last.

20130525_131220.jpg

When doing the oil change i decided the overflow tank needed cleaning

Before

20130525_123355.jpg

after

20130525_124126.jpg

Edited by yankee99

After my track day i was planning on going the next monday but after inspecting the bike i noticed the rear brakes were gone. So i decided to order new brakes, caliper kits, chain and sprockets (520 -1/+2). FYI ordering renthal from the uk is a bargain. You save 20% vat and royal post is cheap :).

IMG-20130617-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20130607-WA0003-1.jpg

Hey congrats on getting it sorted out !Track looks like fun! Your a lucky guy to be close to one.Hope everything is ok after your low side & I am sure it is or you wouldn't be smiling :)

It was no big deal i got up and kept riding. My suit has some rash but it should be ok.

• Like 1

FYI ordering renthal from the uk is a bargain. You save 20% vat and royal post is cheap :).

Do you get hit with customs duties when using royal post on smaller things like this?

I have never got hit with tax on small things like that from the uk. I found a good company to deal with and if its from the eu they seem competitive. I just email them and they send a quote then a paypal invoice.

if i remember the sprockets were $77.00 shipped

• Like 2

great yankee. good parts and nice to hear your bike running. it looks like you know how to work on bikes. i could not do these alone for sure. congrats.

i m looking for a cbr600r 2008 model or up. next year want buy one.

how is the bike after the lowside?

not many track days during weekend there though.

Edited by loserlazer

FYI ordering renthal from the uk is a bargain. You save 20% vat and royal post is cheap smile.png.

Do you get hit with customs duties when using royal post on smaller things like this?

I have never got hit with tax on small things like that from the uk. I found a good company to deal with and if its from the eu they seem competitive. I just email them and they send a quote then a paypal invoice.

if i remember the sprockets were $77.00 shipped

Good to hear that

Although I have recently had a problem using my Paypal from here

Area P only accepts paypal which I have had for over 10 years.

But Paypal wont allow your shipping address to be different than your charge card on file billing address.

Paypal told me make a new Thailand based account which I tried but when it came to adding a credit card same problem...DOH !!! :)

My cards are business cards & my billing is paperless but listed as my US address.

Although they all know I now live here for over a year they require a US address due to high limits

So I had to send a check recently to Area P instead.

Should not be a problem for companies that accept Visa or Master card hopefully

I added the new plugs a coils and the engine is running properly. Late posting as i had fixed this a few weeks ago.

20130525_130951.jpg

20130525_131220.jpg

Before

20130525_123355.jpg

after

20130525_124126.jpg

20130525_130951.jpg

20130525_131220.jpg

Before

20130525_123355.jpg

after

20130525_124126.jpg

only 3 litres of oil i just done my hornet same engine as yours and its 3.8 l needed with filter change,3.2 without filter change,bike sounds great by the way,looks like you done a good job .

Edited by taninthai

taninthai

3litres is too much for my engine. It calls for 3.1 quarts on 600rr dot net forums. I actually overfilled it but not by much..

From a 09 owners manual

"Add Engine Oil:

12. Fill the crankcase with the recommended oil (page 101 ), approximately:

3.0 US qt (2.8 )

13. Install the oil filler cap."

Edited by yankee99

• 1 month later...

Added HEl front and rear brake lines

Purchased new front rotors from ebay as the old ones were warped

Added RSV rearsets

Got my green book with a new 4 digit plate from chonburi...I guess it is possible to go to court and get a book as page 18 in mine says.....fyi the previous owner went to court not me

nice photos yankee.

i think you are a good mech! it is impossible for me to do these all as i know the condition of the bike when you bought it!

And really strange, 2003-2004 models looks like cbr500r more than other cbr600s especially from front.

Looks good. Out of interest, how much did it cost you to get it up to scratch?

Difficult to say as I guess a lot of the things you did weren't necessarily 'essential' - but it would be good to get a ball park figure.

here is a list of what i can remember. The prices are from memory also but i think they are close....obviously fairings, sprockets, chain, powder coating and rearsets were optional....as they didnt need replacing also no powder coating = no seals for calipers or forks

looking at it i would say under 60k baht was needed .

water pump $150

brake lines. $125

tires. $450

pads. $90

powder coat. $200

regulator 150

seals $100

plugs. $100

oil/filter. $30

fairings. $600

rotors fr $190

radiator. $119