Yingluck Goes For Unified Service Under Her Medical Hub Policy

webfact

PM Yingluck goes for unified service under her Medical Hub policy

BANGKOK, 10 May 2013 (NNT) - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Thursday presided over a meeting to discuss the Medical Hub policy, with an aim to integrate medical services of the Education and Public Health Ministries.

She said that work integration would promote clear strategies, simplify process, and facilitate budget management. The Prime Minister expressed her wish to see improvement in the nation’s medical capacity in both basic health services and expansion of the national health security system.

She also pointed out the promotion of emergency medical service and health tourism, which form an integral part to make Thailand an excellence center in terms of medical hub.

Ms. Yingluck said the government has already laid down 4 preliminary goals in its Medical Hub development campaign: to become the center of full-cycle health promotion, to become the hub of spa-like service and health tourism, to create national excellence in medical research and development, and to be a hub of medical supplies as Thailand has abundance of herbs and other natural products to be used as raw materials.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-05-10 footer_n.gif

"with an aim to integrate medical services of the Education and Public Health Ministries"

This sounds reasonable. Apart from Medical Educations, the MoE shouldn't be involved in providing medical services. Even school doctors / nurses could be hired in / lent. Mind you that might mean 'moving budgets' which to bureaucrats is like being rude.
Now the part on "nations medical capacity" having two aspects I do not really understand. "basic health services" and "national health security system". I think it's more that the more people are covered the more doctors/nurses are required. I don't think Ms. Yingluck means more services should be covered.

BTW the real "medical hub" part seems to be related to business aimed at foreigners and nothing to do with the local population?

Let me guess........................................ Shincare.

No joking guys, speaking as the Marketin' Deflector of an Ubernational company, there is no end to the Shin Brand.

Shin-Guards..... a sleek black finish with an ability to deflect anything, and then disappear like the morning mist (only you or him knows the secret, and Chalerm)

Shin-Pads.... a carefully crafted deception to deflect attention away from your own body odour, or blood.

Shin Shimanny Shim Shim Sharoo...... a pointless chant that will have the nation rolling in the aisles..... just wait for the dance moves.

There is only one difference , real life.

• Like 2

No joking guys, speaking as the Marketin' Deflector of an Ubernational company, there is no end to the Shin Brand.

Shin-Guards..... a sleek black finish with an ability to deflect anything, and then disappear like the morning mist (only you or him knows the secret, and Chalerm)

Shin-Pads.... a carefully crafted deception to deflect attention away from your own body odour, or blood.

Shin Shimanny Shim Shim Sharoo...... a pointless chant that will have the nation rolling in the aisles..... just wait for the dance moves.

There went my coffee, all over, thanks.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

There went my coffee, all over, thanks.Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Your drinking coffee late :D

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

The spa stuff is OK and they've been doing that for years without government help.

But an international medical hub that keeps up foreign medical personnel. Huh?

That would be like a banking hub that keeps out foreign bankers. Thailand allows foreign banks and foreign bankers but is nowhere close to being a financial hub because of lack of liberalisation and lack of skilled English speaking staff. Go figure.

Is it going to be a P4P medical hub?

Can this lot not come up with another word other than hub?

It is like the boy who cries wolf too many times

People are surely tire of the word "hub" and no longer take it seriously

Just a lot of people getting there name in print but without the ability and

skills to make anything happen

There went my coffee, all over, thanks.cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif
Your drinking coffee late biggrin.png

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Yes if it would have been my Single Malt there would not been any "emicons"wai.gif