Flight Volunteers

dogrescue

Soi Dog, a dog & cat rescue shelter in Phuket and Bangkok, are always looking for flight volunteers to take their rescued dogs as excess baggage to their new home countries, mainly in Europe, USA & Canada. There is no cost to the volunteer for this, and no work either as the dog/cat is delivered to departure by Soi Dog and collected on arrival by the adopter. Only certain airlines are eligible for this, but if you would like to help, then please contact www.soidog.org and click on 'Be a Flight Volunteer'... Soi Dog are doing sterling work to help the neglected dogs & cats of Thailand and the animals deserve new, loving homes which you might be able to help facilitate!

Specifically, post-179748-0-27297200-1368195559_thumb.German friends of mine have recently adopted a dog called Giovanni (also from Soi Dog) who is looking for a flight volunteer to take him on or after 18.06.13 from either Phuket or Bangkok to Germany. The preferred German airports, in order of preference, are Hanover, Duesseldorf, Cologne, or Frankfurt/M. I think somebody travelling on Lufthansa would be best suited to take Giovanni as excess baggage, so is there a dog-lover out there who could help, please?

• Like 1

I have several questions for DogRescue .

1. Since when has excess baggage been Free ??

2. You want someone to take the dog to the new Owner / Adopter in Germany from Thailand .

3. If the dog is travelling to Europe , the dog will be quarentined first , so how can the new owner collect it ?

4. If the dogs new owners live in Frankfurt , then Frankfurt is where the dog should be delivered . I cannot see the owner

of a recued dog picking it up in Hanover , if they LIVE in Frankfurt . The distance between Frankfurt and Hanover is about

370 km . Something is not right !!!

5. You maybe a decent rescue organisation but your organising skills and request on here dont seem to be that organised .

6. I agree with Breadbin , Dogs can be used as Drug mules and something ALL people thinking of transporting Anything for someone else

should be taken in to consideration .

• Like 1

Perhaps Dogrescue should have explained it better in the OP so it is all clear and so there would not be the misunderstandings. Perhaps for brevity he didn't and i don't think the questions are unreasonable. Nobody should be getting upset.

Thankyou DogRescue for your reply . It would have been far clearer if you had said all of that in the original post . The OP is open for debate as we have clearly shown you here but we are not here to pick fault with you or the good work that this organisation does . I wish you all well and success in your on going mission .

I don't doubt the good work of Soi Dogs, but is it just me that's confused?

If the animal is checked in as cargo by SD in Thailand and collected on arrival in Europe, what need of a passenger's involvement?

The dog would only be sent as cargo from Phuket to Bangkok, not the whole way to Germany as that is very expensive. If a flight volunteer is found flying from Phuket, then it would be excess baggage all the way, provided the airline allows it, some don't.

Oh dear, oh dear, it's good to be cautious but if you had checked out www.soidog.org you would not have asked these questions. However, here are some answers:

1) The excess baggage is paid by the adopter via Soi Dog who organise everything, hence any flight volunteers would have to register with them. The animals are sent as cargo to Bangkok, if necessary, and a Soi Dog manager brings them to check-in at Bangkok airport, if the FV flight starts there.

2) Dogs & cats from Soi Dog 'do' their quarantine in Phuket (new rules!), so there is no trauma for them.

3) The adopters live near Hanover but would travel as far as Frankfurt/M to pick up Giovanni; obviously somewhere nearer would be much preferred.

4) We adopted a dog from Soi Dog last year and it came, together with 2 others, with a flight volunteer to Amsterdam and from there by ferry to England where we picked her up.

5) I suggest you do your research first before you question my organising skills, or the reputation of Soi Dog for that matter!

Best regards

I suggest you invest in a PR course prior to making any futher appeals for assistance on this forum

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1