Air Condition And Maintenance

Who does normally pay the maintenance (I mean the cleaning process that should be done every few months) of the air conditioner in a condominium where the landlord installed the air conditioner on his own cost?

The landlord or the tenant?

I thought if something needs to be repaired the landlord has to pay but if there's just an ordinary cleaning to be done that's the tenants part then.

I mean the landlord does not pay to clean the fridge for example, even if the landlord installed the fridge in the condominium. But if the fridge stopped to work one day then it's landlords part to replace it.

You might spend the 400 baht per unit for a real air conditioning shop to send a good crew to your condo a/c unit so you can save money each month on your electric bill. However in a high rise condo prices and procedures might be way different than in a low rise development and maybe only approved firms can do such cleaning. Either way if you get the a/c units cleaned properly they might be quieter, and certainly will use less electricity. Any mention in your lease on this subject?

You might spend the 400 baht per unit...

Where do you get this service in Bangkok for 400 Baht nowadays....?

And I just want to know who in general has to pay the cleaning process which is to be done two or three times a year..., nothing more, nothing less...

You might spend the 400 baht per unit...

Where do you get this service in Bangkok for 400 Baht nowadays....?

And I just want to know who in general has to pay the cleaning process which is to be done two or three times a year..., nothing more, nothing less...

Had 2 A/Con cleaned last week. 800 all in. Pleased, I gave them a nice round 1000. I can let you have the number...

I would ask him to pay and go from there. If you have already done that, and he said no, I guess you have to decide for yourself if it is worth it. I always have to wonder about these landlords who will do nothing though. Imo, if you have a good tenant, a request like this should be an easy decision.

I have a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim 24,000 BTU and pay 500THB, they do the smaller units for 400THB and I think it is all based on the size; at least with the company I am using. I have been very happy with there service and expertise. I live in Bangkok and the company I use phone is 02-246-6658. I have been very happy with the technician named Marnoch. It is recomended by Mitsubishi to do it every six months.