Thai Katoeys Pull It Off Better Than Elsewhere In Asia

OK - woeful thread titles aside - consider these two efforts from the 'Got Talent' franchise:

And from their Filipina 'sisters':

It's all in fun, but the interview with the Thai katoey at the end of the first clip puts paid to the naive belief that some Westerners seem to have that Katoeys are simply 'accepted' in mainstream Thai society. I'm not a fan of the shrieking queens on Soi 4, but they would be OTT regardless of what genitals they were born with. In any case, I've seen trannies in other parts of Asia who were just hideous - love them or loathe them, the Thai version (usually) does a more convincing approximation of a woman, even if 'Miss Deux' from the Fili vid does a better impersonation of Tom Jones than anyone I've ever heard in a Karaoke bar. Some absolutely stunning girls in that Fili audience, too - shame the country is a total basketcase : the Chinese-Filipina combination is about as good as it gets for mine.

(gotta wonder how well the 'I can blow you away !' repartee would have gone down (!) on an Australian network with that 'family' demographic. Full marks to the Filis for being able to laugh at themselves)