Ondansetron/zofran

samran

Whilst this medication is available in Thailand but you may have difficulty finding it outside a hospital.

This because the Thai FDA classify this medication as a "Dangerous" drug and therefore special rules apply to its sale.

However, another member may have more knowledge than me and be able to point you in the right direction.

Edited by jrtmedic
  • Like 1

Actually category "D" ("dangerous drug") is available OTC without prescription and most pharmaceuticals fall in that category. The only restriction is that it can only be sold in licensed pharmacies and not ,for example, a t a 7 eleven

Zofran brand will cost more in Thailand than on OPz but there rae locally made generic equivalents that will cost much less, these are as follows:

Dantron 8

Emeset

Emistop

Onsia

Zetron

in terms of which pharmacies might have this, I would try (in whatever order is more convenient for you):

South East Pharmacy on Sukhumvit road just west of Soi 15.

Roong Rote Pharmacy (รุ่งโรจน์เภสัช).Soi On-Nut (Sukhumvit Soi 77), away from Sukhumvit Road, about 40m on right side.

Sukhumvit near Soi 2, large pharmacy sort of across from the expressway entrance.

Rama 4, north side between Lumphini and Klong Toey MRT stations, near the footbridge.

A number of pharmacies on Ratchawithi near Victory Monument (east of the Monument, opposite the hospital). No English spoken and not always very congenial to farang, but if you perservere with a smile you'll get what you need.

Let me know where you find it.

• Like 1