Coming Soon... Buriram International Circuit

For some it's mayby old news, ( i knew it for some time) but here in Buriram were getting our very own racetrack: Buriram international circuit, located behind the FC Buriram United stadium.

Recently i had an interesting chat with a Thai guy who owns some bike dealerships and is kind of involved with the developing of the track, he told me some more details and plans.

Buriram International racetrack ( trying to get sponsering by Red Bull) is a racetrack designed by Tilke, there plan is to get 50% bike and 50% carraces. it will include a testtrack, a dragstrip and a supercross track.The actual track itself can be divded in 3 separate tracks. It will be open for trackdays and it even would be possible to rent bikes to go on the track.

The work has started and slowly you can see the progress ( every time i go into town i make a small detour to have a look at the work)

It should be ready in Oktober 2014 and with the grand opening there trying to get MotoGP ( at least that's what the guy told me)

There were rumours about trying to get F1 but that will be very, very difficult.

But the circuit is defenitly coming and that's good!! Good for the local economy, creating a lot of jobs, and attracting bike related companies, btw there's a KTM dealership coming to Buriram ( opening in about 3/4 months)

So in about 1,5 year.... welcome to Buriram international circuit.

post-143096-0-97779600-1368323721_thumb.

post-143096-0-99110500-1368323786_thumb.

post-143096-0-82420000-1368323829_thumb.

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As discussed on the previous thread for this track, it should be fun for track days for folks with lots of spare time. but as for a business enterprise for attracting international motorsports events... just silly. Its very remote from international airports, major cities... you know... actual paying customers... for anything other than thai football, futsol, molam, chicken fights and muay thai matches.

C'mon, Buriram?!

post-111479-0-00813400-1368347460_thumb.

Edited by bbradsby

Much as I like the idea of a first class circuit being built, where is the closet airport (read: large airport) to cater for international teams they are trying to woo. I think the teams will be less than pleased if they have to transport their gear long distance.

Guys, it is only 4 hours from bangkok to buriram so not a long distance and i am sure lots of other international tracks around the globe are not next to an international airport as well.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by loserlazer

Guys, it is only 4 hours from bangkok to buriram so not a long distance and i am sure lots of other international tracks around the globe are not next to an international airport as well. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah, that's right, it's just about 350 km's from Bangkok.

When the circuit is once there, with the right promotion and marketing i'm sure they can attract some international events, if not.... local events will do it for me as well.

I'm happy i'm getting a track at a half hour ride from my home not having to drive hundreds of km's to see a motorsport event anymore.

what about the road there, isn't it pretty shit? I thought ease of access to a track would be a high priority for international teams.

hopefully it will be completed, I'd love to ride it.

anyone know how long it is?

dm

Guys, it is only 4 hours from bangkok to buriram so not a long distance and i am sure lots of other international tracks around the globe are not next to an international airport as well. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Buriram has an airport too

totster :)

what about the road there, isn't it pretty shit? I thought ease of access to a track would be a high priority for international teams.

hopefully it will be completed, I'd love to ride it.

anyone know how long it is?

dm

Track length is 4077 mtr

Some people think Isaan and Buriram province is a part of Thailand better to be avoided, poor and nothing to do but that's chancing the last some years.

The infrastructure (roads) are much improved and i.m.o better than some other parts in Thailand.

Newin ( who's got an interesting past as a politician) is a bit like a Roman emperor: "give the people bread and games" i don't know about the bread but games where getting.

A real nice football stadium, now a racetrack and a waterpark is also on it's way.

The road up to here from Bangkok is basicly from BKK the 1 ( AH1) to Saraburi then the 2 (AH12) and the 24 to Nang Rong ( all at least 4 lane roads) the last bit the 218 from Nang Rong to Buriram ( 60 km) is a 2 lane road.

On a good day it takes me around 4.5 hours by car.

The roads around the upcoming circuit are already designed to handle a lot of traffic, (after a football match 18.000 people wanna get home).

Buriram airport is located about 40 km outside the city ( near Satuk) never flew from there so i don't know what size of airplane it can handle.

• 5 months later...

Any time a new circuit is built is time for motor sport enthusiasts to celebrate.

By the way: where the he11 is Buriram?  Posted Image   

Ask in any bar in Bangers or Sin City!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No need to worry the infrastructure budget will be paying for the roads to be improved, a few more years of development should see larger motor sport events.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

when i first visited Buri Ram 6 years ago for business, it was a small town and not much to do.

But now a big stadium, one of the most successful football teams in Thailand and now a track with international standards!

Also it became a nice organized clean town.

Sure, Buri Ram is developing faster than many cities along with Thailand thanks to influential political figure Newin Chidchob.

I am sure will be at Buriram track on its opening. It will be nice to watch Moto GP or maybe formula 1 in Thailand 4 hours away yo my house.

when i first visited Buri Ram 6 years ago for business,

But you were just starting out on your TEFL career back then. huh.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/459365-aycare-they-okay/?p=5021338

again same loser teachers without a bachelor degree running on his old cbr250 all over Bangkok all day like a motorsai to work hourly rate of 250 baht at language schoolbiggrin.png

so, he is thinking like everybody in Thailand is teaching, funny really!

same ass pain, same guy but now 20th username banned and more username to be banned, what a weirdo, no life no hope i guessclap2.gif

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Annoucement for the first races ticket sale starting at September 1st.

post-143096-0-65460800-1407223256_thumb.

Night races ...............post-143096-0-54322900-1407223241_thumb.

Race Calender for 2014 ( Bike races in Blue)

BRIC's Race Calendar 2014

4-5 October : Buriram United Super GT Race

18-19 October : Bobby Hunter Super One Race (S1R)

1-2 November : Thailand Super Series (TSS)

8-9 November : Asia Road Racing (ARRC)

22-23 November : Asian Le Mans Series

29-30 November : Touring Car Series in Asia (TCSA)

13-14 December : R2M Thailand Super Bikes

• Like 1

Grandstand tickets 2000฿?

For Super GT?

MotoGP at Sepang was only 800฿!

I'll pass.

Hopefully when (or if) they get MotoGP or WSBK, the tickets will be more reasonably priced or this place could be a white elephant.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 1