Coming Soon... Buriram International Circuit

I also find the prices for Thai ( Asian) standerds quite high. (The 2000 baht is a 2 day ticket but still)

I'm curious to see if they can fill up the Grand stand, mayby they have to lower there prices, I know from the Buriram football matches, there are a lot of free tickets around, given to various "important" people who in their turn hand them over to business relations/friends....whistling.gif

But for sure you won't see many Thai families watching those races with those prices.

@ ll2 I'm pretty sure there will be trackdays organised, I will keep this thread feeding news and photo's about BRIC.

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also find the prices for Thai ( Asian) standerds quite high. (The 2000 baht is a 2 day ticket but still)

I'm curious to see if they can fill up the Grand stand, mayby they have to lower there prices, I know from the Buriram football matches, there are a lot of free tickets around, given to various "important" people who in their turn hand them over to business relations/friends....whistling.gif

But for sure you won't see many Thai families watching those races with those prices.

@ ll2 I'm pretty sure there will be trackdays organised, I will keep this thread feeding news and photo's about BRIC.

sure they will.

R2M has a function that i can see from the schedule.

they do races but open for many classes and riders. i might join that.

i am excited about this track! thinking about buri ram 7 years ago and now? wow! what a development man.

I've been following the development on FB for a long while now and while the work looks good, why is all of the content in thai only? Yes we are in Thailand but this is supposed to be the first world class circuit here. Time to switch to English promotional material if they want to compete against the new South American tracks for world level events I reckon.

Sent from a telephone, which make and model is no concern of yours….

• Like 2

I've been following the development on FB for a long while now and while the work looks good, why is all of the content in thai only? Yes we are in Thailand but this is supposed to be the first world class circuit here. Time to switch to English promotional material if they want to compete against the new South American tracks for world level events I reckon.

Their website is in Thai or English

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Thanks for pointing that out!

Although that is a recent change as I have also been looking fiarly regularly and last time I checked the articles themselves were not translated. Good to see now though.

Grandstand tickets 2000฿?

For Super GT?

MotoGP at Sepang was only 800฿!

I'll pass.

Hopefully when (or if) they get MotoGP or WSBK, the tickets will be more reasonably priced or this place could be a white elephant.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

A bit like the boxing stadiums. Why do they never get the ticket pricing correct? Why are tickets for these events so overpriced here? I would be attending Muay Thai events at the local boxing stadiums weekly, if they were reasonable. But, at 800-1500 baht, I have never been once, in 8 years. Even if they offered a resident discount, I might consider it. Many, many of my friends feel the same way. Instead, the stadiums are half empty, nearly every night. Does this make any sense? Oh, I forgot, I am in the land of little common sense, or reason.

Spidermike

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Thanks for pointing that out!

Although that is a recent change as I have also been looking fiarly regularly and last time I checked the articles themselves were not translated. Good to see now though.

The BRIC website is in 2 languages for quite a while , but they could do with a better translator,

quote from the website:

Dr. Paisal Chantarapitak Director Special Activity of Bangkok Hospital brought his team to visit Buriram United International Circuit (BRIC) and Mr. Tanaisiri Chanvittayarom Project Director with Mr. Nipon Panthkietpaisan Marketing and Public Relation has a warm welcome

For this visited, Mr.Nipon has informed with media, Bangkok Hospital will support Super GT 2014 between 4-5 October. Thus Bangkok Hospital also medical support whole the race week.

As an international circuit BRIC's organisation still has some work to do.......

^ They probably think it's perfect English...

It reminds me of a time at work when I was asked to proof read a letter to one of the directors at our head office in Chicago. I corrected all the mistakes and then they handed it back to the Thai financial controller (because she'd studied in Sydney for a year) to cross check it. She promptly removed all my corrections so it sounded like an 8 year old had written it and then commented (behind my back) that she was surprised how poor my English was laugh.png .

That circuit certainly seems to have made great progress. I know the pricing is a bit OTT but it's so convenient to get there compared to Malaysia etc. that I think I'll be attending once they get some big events lined up.

• 4 weeks later...

New Update: Last friday there was a so called open day at BRIC. Well open day?, there were no annoucements made on the website/facebook so I guess it was a bit on invitation only, ( for the Buriram united crowd)

It was more of a promotional event with big screen and a speech from Mr Newin. and from what I heard no bikes or cars on the track. here some pics:

post-143096-0-15250300-1409464200_thumb.post-143096-0-41099100-1409464203_thumb.post-143096-0-56921000-1409464207_thumb.post-143096-0-55303000-1409464210_thumb.

And here is a Youtube video made a few weeks ago from a (slow) lap on the track

• Like 1

nice! cannot wait for next December for the first track day!

I reckon there is going to be a bunch of riders fromall overThailand there for it. smile.png

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

i am sure there will be a lot of riders! But, this is actually not a full track day but races still fine:)

A video and pics. it's almost done!

Last week I rode by and tried to get some more info about the first Bike races ( November FIM Asian road racing champion ship) and track days but at the temporary ticket booth at the i-mobile stadium ,but they were to busy and stressed with the super GT.

I'm sure once the grandstand is officially opened, there will be special ticket booths and info about upcoming evenst. Now it looks like they too busy sort things out for the super GT to give proper info.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoV9tj49mMA&feature=player_detailpage#t=9

post-143096-0-59541400-1410769289_thumb.post-143096-0-61480700-1410769294_thumb.post-143096-0-54506000-1410769292_thumb.post-143096-0-04385500-1410769287_thumb.post-143096-0-23668400-1410769296_thumb.

Edit:..... And they have a new name (and sponsor) C.I.C ( Chang International Circuit)

Edited by Dutchbike
  • Like 1

Hmmm.

Looking at that huge tarmac run-off area at the hairpin makes me think that this circuit is designed with car racing than bike racing in mind...

I know that BRIC people have been to Spain to speak to Dorna, a few years ago now, but has anyone from the FIM visited the track? The FIA have.

Also, I am wondering how the Moto GP series (officially sponsored by Singha) will be welcomed at a Chang sponsored circuit?

Just a few more weeks! here some stats copied from a local news website:

What Are Some Stats About The Track and Complex?

• The Circuit and complex cost over 2,000 million baht to build and are situated on an expansive 1,200 acre site.
  • The track is 4.554 km long.
  • The circuit features twelve bends of varying severity. Fortunately for spectators nine of those bends are very close to the main, highly impressive 50,000 capacity Grandstand.
  • There are two long straights. One is a whole km long. On this longer straight hair raising speeds of 300 - 315 kph are expected to be achieved.
  • The two high speed straights are joined by a tight hairpin bend. Therefore drivers will be accelerating to top speed and having to then negotiate an extremely tricky corner before entering the next straight..
  • After the straights competitors very soon find themselves in the technical section. This sits in front of, and can be fully viewed from, the main stand.
  • The technical section consists of nine bends some of which can be taken at 160kmh.
  • From the main grandstand, spectators can see the entire race track.
  • Overall, the track seems to have a great mix of speedy straights and serious skill requiring bends. Split second timing will be paramount towards the end of the straights and corner handling skills will also be tested to the max by the other parts of the track.
  • The circuit was designed by world famous, and considered world number one race track designer by many, Herman Tilke.

What Racing Can Chang International Circuit Host?

• The circuit has been approved to host MOTO GP, F3, GT1, GT2 and GT3 events.
  • It can also be used for Formula 1 testing and it also meets FIA Grade IT and FIM Grade A standards

Can Us Little People Use The Track?

• The great news is yes!
  • Members of the public will be able to enjoy the track first hand.
  • We are not sure of prices yet but its exciting to know that the track shall be open to us ordinary folk.
  • Courses for driving and bike riding are to be held, instruction being provided by professional racers.
  • Tourists can also take a ride on the circuit, being driven round by professionals

What Are The Up And Coming Events At Chang International Circuit?

• The following events have already been confirmed :-
  • October 4th and 5th Buriram United Super GT Race.
  • October 18th and 19th Bobby Hunter Super 1 Race,
  • November 1st and 2nd Thailand Super Series Formula 5 & 6
  • November 7th and 9th FIM Asia Road Racing Championship
  • November 22nd and 23rd Asian Le Mans Series

And the official promo video in which they are annoucing WSB for 2015

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jBCix9GLtik#t=3

and finally some more pics of CIC ( Chang International Circuit) and i believe it's the drinking water not the beer.

post-143096-0-52085600-1410930306_thumb.post-143096-0-41825000-1410930304_thumb.post-143096-0-89907200-1410930301_thumb.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

BRIC a.k.a CIC has now FIA approval and I'm pretty sure FIM approval is on the way.

Around the track it's buzzing with activity for the SuperGT races next week, from what I,ve heard all Hotels in Buriram are fully booked, the motorsport future looks very bright in Buriram and new on the agenda are Marc Marques Honda show days on 11/12/13 November.

BRIC's website is improved and looks much nicer then before:http://www.bric.co.th/home/default.aspx

here some pics:post-143096-0-01087100-1411832532_thumb.post-143096-0-94298000-1411832529_thumb.post-143096-0-58099300-1411832527_thumb.post-143096-0-46530800-1411832522_thumb.post-143096-0-22652400-1411832520_thumb.post-143096-0-03446100-1411832517_thumb.post-143096-0-82078100-1411832514_thumb.

cannot wait for the first track day at buriram circuit on 6 -7th of December, 2014 to have a blast on it!

x1610783_368322316663530_891376303043187

Me neither, although I won't be riding on the track.I have some friends coming down who will ride.

Looking forward for all the upcoming events, Buriram has really put itself on the map.Good for the local economy and for Thailand.

Destination of Speed!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like WSBK could be coming in 2015.

" Rumoured as a potential WSBK venue before, an event to be held in Thailand is appearing more viable following the construction of the new Chang International Circuit, located in Buriram, which will be inaugurated next month with a round of the Japanese-based Super GT Championship."

http://m.crash.net/wsbk/news/208968/1/dorna-lines-up-new-venues-for-wsbk-2015.html

• Like 2

That track rocks. I watched the first GT race & it was as professional a race as in any country carrying races.

The track itself is set up for autos way more than bikes though.If they ever open up to drift racing I will be all over it. ) with a car.... not a bike the hairpins are too tight for comfort.

• Like 1