Brit Caught For 2-Year Phuket Overstay, And Dope

webfact

Well, look at most of you pointing the finger and throwing stones in glass houses. We don't know why he overstayed yet and straight away most of you portraying the perfect alien! Shame on you and your bullying of a man you don't even know. Let's find out the whole story if we can before for he is succumbed to your wrath of comments.....Just saying....:-)

The reason for his overstay is irrelevant, it's two years, you know? In possession of drugs also.

Poor bugger, hope he just gets deported with as little hassle or expense as possible, with all the shit people do every day here he's one very small potato, shame on the <deleted> that grassed him up.....

Unless they had a reason to grass him up...

Its funny, he had money to buy smoko and pay for a apartment/condo, yet couldn't afford the visa run?

I wonder what he was hiding? And yes what reason had they to grass him up? I guess we will know more soon.

Watch out, here come all his defenders. Fools, he justs gives us westerners a bad name in this country, if some have not already given us this.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for this guy...I really do.

He should have known better but we don't know him

nor why he overstayed his visa. Love perhaps?

Dope perhaps? Both or more? At 45 years old

he simply should have known better. At least

known a cardinal rule for storing your stash;

which is to never keep it in your room. That

tiny bag is an embarassment to both the guy

and the cops who busted him. I hope it all

turns out OK with minimal fuss...but I do have

my druthers about that.

So it's ok to overstay for "love" or dope?

They went into a house to check for a farang with an invalid visa, well, someone told the authorities he was there and has no visa.

Pretty good deductive reasoning ... and then there was this clue too:

>Pol Capt Angkarn Yasanop told The Phuket News the police received information that a British man was living illegally in Kok Chang Mansion in Tai Na Rd, Karon.

"Deductive reasoning"?

"We smelled something like marijuana"

Good noses to be able to sniff out a dime bag in a drawer. And what brought them there in the first place? I'd bet a cold Chang that somebody ratted him out to the cops -- including that they should search for weed.

He should have tipped her better. wink.png

Maybe he'd just had a puff in the room, if you're not the smoker it's very obvious. Take care with yours.

Well, look at most of you pointing the finger and throwing stones in glass houses. We don't know why he overstayed yet and straight away most of you portraying the perfect alien! Shame on you and your bullying of a man you don't even know. Let's find out the whole story if we can before for he is succumbed to your wrath of comments.....Just saying....:-)

The reason for his overstay is irrelevant, it's two years, you know? In possession of drugs also.

Ok, what do you think is the right punishment for him?

Whatever Thai law stipulates, he allegedly committed two offences here. It's not up to me, or any other foreigner, to decide how he's punished.

What is 'living illegally' ? Was he a squatter ?

From my point of view he did not anything wrong, just a guy who does not live conform some manmade rules.

It seems he lived in a house that was not occupied by someone else.

He stayed on a piece on earth that should be free to use for all of us.

He loved herbes that were made by God, with the reason to use them to free our minds.

This is not a criminal.

So each of us gets to decide for himself which rules we're going to obey, and which rules we're going to ignore. Or better yet, just no rules at all (I guess we'd then need a rule against rules though, wouldn't we? Hmmm.). LOL. Yeah, OK. There's probably some tiny, deserted, island out in the middle of the ocean somewhere where you could live by yourself and have that work (for as long as you're able to survive anyway). Meanwhile, here in the real world, while you're busy ignoring that rule about smoking dope because it's "God's herb", some other dope is ignoring the rule about putting a bullet in somebody's brain because he's "lost face".

That said, an overstay plus a "tiny" bag of grass? 'Hardly seems newsworthy for Phuket, a place now known the world over for its scams, violence, and infamous taxi mafia.

• Like 1

over 45 days it is jail

There's no automatic imprisonment, the official wording says "Imprisonment not exceeding one year or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or both.'

It's at the discretion of the police and depends on the circumstances, but in almost all cases if you can pay the fine you walk free.

From my point of view he did not anything wrong, just a guy who does not live conform some manmade rules.

He loved herbes that were made by God, with the reason to use them to free our minds.

This is not a criminal.

So each of us gets to decide for himself which rules we're going to obey, and which rules we're going to ignore. Or better yet, just no rules at all (I guess we'd then need a rule against rules though, wouldn't we? Hmmm.). LOL. Yeah, OK. There's probably some tiny, deserted, island out in the middle of the ocean somewhere where you could live by yourself and have that work (for as long as you're able to survive anyway). Meanwhile, here in the real world, while you're busy ignoring that rule about smoking dope because it's "God's herb", some other dope is ignoring the rule about putting a bullet in somebody's brain because he's "lost face".

That said, an overstay plus a "tiny" bag of grass? 'Hardly seems newsworthy for Phuket, a place now known the world over for its scams, violence, and infamous taxi mafia.

Can't wait to tell my teenager kids that smoking dope causes you to turn homicidal, now that i got written proof.

This is kangaroo court, TV way.

• Like 1

Busted for a victimless crime.

Meanwhile, Chalerm's youngest son is prancing around, while the dad is chugging whiskey on the job. ....and another Thai, who financed and incited arson and shootings, is sipping mint juleps in Dubai.

• Like 2

What a clown! Albeit a little unlucky (for getting caught with weed). Smoking in your room though in a guesthouse??? <deleted>?

Isn't that what the beach is for or many places I...err...my friends have done this?

As for overstaying the visa, well he is a stupid f@@k for that, but hey I'm sure he has good memories of a country he will never visit again?

No prob, Indo, Laos, Phill's, Burma et al. will allow him a good life too.

45, still smokin, f@@k man don't we...err..they move on by this time?

What? To Meth?

"45, still smokin, f@@k man don't we...err..they move on by this time?"

This is not a criminal.

You have very funny views.

I think we should obey the rules of the land. And don't love such herbes which is/are banned by local laws... LOL

And for your kind information, we humans had set our own borders by invading and colonising on others land, so there is no place for your opinion, "He stayed on a piece on earth that should be free to use for all of us."

Sure he is not retired. How can he survive after his visa and or pasport expired?????

What shall the British Embassy do???

The UK Embassy will only assist him to liase with family/friends if he has insufficient funds to pay the overstay & possession fines. If needs be a list of local lawyers. However, you would think he will plead guily, pay the fines and depart Thailand.

This is not a criminal.

I was almost agreeing with you until you brought up that 'God' guy from the fairytale stories.

Whatever way you wanna describe it, I don't care. But maybe you should try some of those herbs (or ayahuasca or mushrooms or whatever) yourself and might get another idea, LOL

Drugs are for mugs. God is for fraud.

This is not a criminal.

I was almost agreeing with you until you brought up that 'God' guy from the fairytale stories.

Whatever way you wanna describe it, I don't care. But maybe you should try some of those herbs (or ayahuasca or mushrooms or whatever) yourself and might get another idea, LOL

Drugs are for mugs. God is for fraud.

i'm not saying anything about whether god is real or not , or if one should believe or not ,, i do know that the laws that state something as a drug or not are kind of crooked just about anything growing on this earth has a effect when taken into the body in whatever way ,some are stronger and more noticeable than others ,but they all do something

whether good or bad some could kill you or make you really sick

This is not a criminal.

What is this 'god' thing you speak of? It is some kind of department store?

Thailand needs to realise there are plenty of people travelling the world with enough money to suport themselves looking forsomewhere to live and spend all their money . Why does Thailand make these people feel unwelcome?

• Like 1

That little teeny weeny bag of weed...what a joke.

OK, the guy did wrong, broke the law, was stupid, must pay. But some of you smug, self-satisfied..people, some day you might get jammed up, and need a friend, and some help, and a kind word. Remember then how you laughed at this man's troubles.

PS: What is a "Geordie", and why is that a joke? (Non UK , don't know your slang.)

A Geordie is someone from the fine city of Newcastle.

This is a "non" story, just a tourist wanting to hang around, nothing much to do here except get his visa renewed.

For gods sake next there will be stories of nothing at all.

Typical up coming headlines:

"German man arrested for taking shirt off on public beach, locals complained he had big nom"

"Brit arrested after admitting chatting to young boy, a police spokes person said we have to clamp down on peidofilia before it starts"

"Elderly couple arrested at airport trying to leave kingdom without spending all their money"

"French woman taken into custody after insulting Thai Food"

"Governor admits saying "we don't like Foreigners because Thailand is for Khon-Thai only"

• Like 1

That little teeny weeny bag of weed...what a joke.

OK, the guy did wrong, broke the law, was stupid, must pay. But some of you smug, self-satisfied..people, some day you might get jammed up, and need a friend, and some help, and a kind word. Remember then how you laughed at this man's troubles.

PS: What is a "Geordie", and why is that a joke? (Non UK , don't know your slang.)

A "Geordie" is someone from Newcastle in England. It's a nickname.