Brit Caught For 2-Year Phuket Overstay, And Dope

webfact

Can someone please tell me why these cops always like to pose with whomever they catch? Is it some documented proof they can use as a reward, just sheer vanity or the fact that they don't mind throwing their faces out there because they think they are so untouchable?

In Thai society it is sometimes the loss of face that is more damning then the sentence itself (or the assumed judgement). So the Thai police force and immigration plod out the criminals in an attempt to "guilt" the criminal into going straight. Brings shame to the family and in doing so perhaps the family will help correct the situation.

Sometimes it works, some times it does not.

I do not believe the police or immigration are saying they are untouchable, they just may be untouchable by the likes of this fellow or me or yourself!!

edit - the showing of criminals is prevalent in the Thai culture so it is just carried on when arresting a foreigner.

Edited by rct99q
  • Like 1

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does the police have any right to go search a house without warrant ?

some ass-like neighboor reports you because they think that... and there goes ... oh i forgot yes, we do not have any rights...

is a moo bahn safer than ? for police not being to do whatever they want, private property and so ...

i guess one day the guy was just fed up with all the stupid controlling rules...

Stop this garbage about no rights here. If you live within the Laws of this country (or any country that is) then your need of having to be worried about being arrested is nearly ZERO.

Does anybody on this forum own the housing complex or know it to comment on how it is that he was found to be wandering around it?

It is (unlawful) but possible to live here in Thailand on an overstay if you, as others have pointed out, keep your nose clean. It is however still illegal. Every country has controlling rules. What country are YOU from? I am sure it has rules. Look up the word Anarchy. There never has been and never will be a group of people able to live without some form of government. Human beings are not capable of self governance.

• Like 1

The three guys behind him are too close to each other.

Its back to Blighty, matey. Paradise jaunt over.

They look like some barber shop singers about to break into song!

...or wanna-be hip-hop rappers. Maybe they're fans of Cypress Hill, a pro-cannabis hip-hop band:

cypress-hill-na-chalga-9565.jpg

57147.png

brit.jpg

I wonder if they were disappointed to have only found a tiny bag to share amongst themselves.

What is 'living illegally' ? Was he a squatter ?

From my point of view he did not anything wrong, just a guy who does not live conform some manmade rules.

It seems he lived in a house that was not occupied by someone else.

He stayed on a piece on earth that should be free to use for all of us.

He loved herbes that were made by God, with the reason to use them to free our minds.

This is not a criminal.

Erm, oookay... whistling.gif

Somebody better remind RD that Woodstock ended 44 years ago...

• Like 2

From my point of view he did not anything wrong, just a guy who does not live conform some manmade rules.

He loved herbes that were made by God, with the reason to use them to free our minds.

This is not a criminal.

Erm, oookay...  Posted Image

What rock have you been living under?

Millions of people smoke the green.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

This is not a criminal.

i heard about a place where you can use whatever you find, live in any house occupied or not the weeds are growing all year round , and a waterfall filled with cold beer .. and then i woke up

This reminds me of a trip I took to Laos. I was walking down the street, thinking about my financial situation, which was not precarious, but, you know, I wanted to think about making more money, as you do. Then I saw a guy walking down the street. I just wondered how he supported himself, as he wasn't a retiree. More of a thought experiment than anything.

About 5 seconds after that, he comes up asking me for money. A falang beggar. Wonderful. That explained a lot.

I assume he had no job and income for two years.  I'll never understand people like this, how can you live like this??

what u mean...? i had no job for 4 years and I m very happy. why should you you work your ass for someone when you have money.

and what about retired? no income doesn't mean u don't live well...

maybe this guy get the euro lotto...

• Like 1

This is not a criminal.

Woodstock ended 44 years ago but the party was just beginning and common sense is slowly beginning to prevail regarding why this helpful herb was banned in the first place. It used to be legal y'know.

They must be very proud for the big bust they made ! Poor guy looks really banged out I see so many guys from all over looking like this , cant understand why people without the means want to live here . Well for that matter I dont understand staying here for more than a long vacation , the Farang here in this country are and always will be second class citizens and the amount of corruption and nonsense that goes on I think will only get worse . I walk around Bangkok and its dirty , smells . Yes I loved it more when i first came here but the shiny veneer wears off quick and I dont like what I see underneath ! I come now only every two years or so and that is getting to be too soon ! Hope this guy straightens himself out .

"always will be second class citizens"

Most farang are not citizens of Thailand at all. This person was an illegal alien. They tend not to rank high in the pecking order in any country.

"I come now only every two years or so and that is getting to be too soon ! "

That makes no sense. If you find the place so disagreeable, why would you keep coming here at all? You're either a masochist or into some sort of self-flagellation, literally or figuratively.

Second class citizens , I am referring to the people living here legally I dont associate with people like this guy . As for coming here every once in awhile I work hard in my home country and Thailand is a great place to visit , stay in a 4 star hotel and enjoy good food in the restaurants , beaches . But I learned this is not a great place to live in , too corrupt , too primitive (unless your staying in an expensive hotel or condo , too dirty , and way too many farangs living here for the wrong reasons !

They must be very proud for the big bust they made ! Poor guy looks really banged out I see so many guys from all over looking like this , cant understand why people without the means want to live here . Well for that matter I dont understand staying here for more than a long vacation , the Farang here in this country are and always will be second class citizens and the amount of corruption and nonsense that goes on I think will only get worse . I walk around Bangkok and its dirty , smells . Yes I loved it more when i first came here but the shiny veneer wears off quick and I dont like what I see underneath ! I come now only every two years or so and that is getting to be too soon ! Hope this guy straightens himself out .

Most farang are not citizens of Thailand at all. This person was an illegal alien. They tend not to rank high in the pecking order in any country.

That makes no sense. If you find the place so disagreeable, why would you keep coming here at all? You're either a masochist or into some sort of self-flagellation, literally or figuratively.

Second class citizens , I am referring to the people living here legally I dont associate with people like this guy . As for coming here every once in awhile I work hard in my home country and Thailand is a great place to visit , stay in a 4 star hotel and enjoy good food in the restaurants , beaches . But I learned this is not a great place to live in , too corrupt , too primitive (unless your staying in an expensive hotel or condo , too dirty , and way too many farangs living here for the wrong reasons !

coffee1.gif ...............................coffee1.gif ......................................sad.png

coffee1.gif ...............................coffee1.gif ......................................sad.png

life is what you make it ,, i do not like dirty but appreciate chaos , corruption you only really meet when you do illegal stuff ( i not talk about getting charged a few bath more over some product) but hey if staying at a 4 star hotel is your thing to do please do so . there are many expats who embrace the thai culture and their ways without complaining too much

so take a good sip of your cappuccino? and think about why thailand is so great ,(also because of you?)

This is not a criminal.

I am sure your opinion is very consolling for him. Now all you have to do is convince the Thai authorities he has violated none of their Immigration and drug laws.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pip pip cheerio intheclub.gifcoffee1.gifcheesy.gif

Another photo for the mantlepiece

It's lucky he had the weed on him, else the photo would have had the inevitable BiB-FoF aimed at his head.

(Boys in Brown Finger of Fate)

and that is based on what facts ? your statement i cannot even call it a reply

What a clown! Albeit a little unlucky (for getting caught with weed). Smoking in your room though in a guesthouse??? <deleted>?

Isn't that what the beach is for or many places I...err...my friends have done this?

As for overstaying the visa, well he is a stupid f@@k for that, but hey I'm sure he has good memories of a country he will never visit again?

No prob, Indo, Laos, Phill's, Burma et al. will allow him a good life too.

45, still smokin, f@@k man don't we...err..they move on by this time?

What? To Meth?

"45, still smokin, f@@k man don't we...err..they move on by this time?"

Haha, each to their own! If that floats your boat man thumbsup.gif

This article makes it look like the overstay is the major crime and possession of some dope is some kind of aggravating factor... nothing could be further from the truth.

However, it's important to remember that this guy is not a criminal in any real sense of the word, he was unlucky to get caught and unfortunately he's going to suffer a bit before he gets back to blighty. It's unfortunate because people like him should not really end up in jail, it's not what jails are for.

Who amongst is have not overstayed once.. or dare I say been is possession of something that is technically illegal?

I feel sorry for this guy.

I have never overstayed, ever but ............

This is not a criminal.

What you smokin' duck??

This is not a criminal.

This should qualify as some of the stupidest comments ever posted. Every society on this planet has "manmade" laws. If you've violated these laws, you've committed a crime. And those who commit crimes are criminals.

• Like 1

@Transam

I just realized that maybe I should have commented on the other part of the post of mine you quoted:

I don't like informers as a general rule - with the occasional exception for extreme cases. I have had people get personal with me for no reason and say some really ugly things to me on this forum (and others) and even comment on my loved ones, stuff that I would have been pleased had someone been reprimanded for it (or whatever punishment Mods saw fit). But I have never reported anyone and it is unlikeIy I ever would because beyond my aversion to informing, I prefer a forum where people modify behavior - to some degree - based on approval or opprobrium from the community rather than Mods being summoned to punish. And generally speaking, I find it puerile and wimpy to tattle and even more so to threaten to.

My nationality is not the issue. I object to people who make those sorts of comments about Thais or Americans or Russians (the groups that probably get it more than any) as much as I do the above comment about Brits. You, on the other hand, seem less impartial...(if I WERE going to biased, the Brits are about the last people I'd slag off).

Remember what you like. Not sure why you keep telling (or warning) me that.

EDIT: I see you have removed the second "I will remember", so you only said it once.

Edited by SteeleJoe

This is not a criminal.

Probably a better description would be "a drop kick" or "numb nut"

funny all these comments about a poor chap caught illegaly smoking natural herbs...

well in our society i think everybody is free. borders, money, law, are. invention of western countries trying to dictate the world and put us in misery. but you don't see it because you have been brainwashed by laws, dictators, president, idiots...

we use money to make people envious and we think we will be happier... etc etc... it s all non sens. fundamentally we are all equal...

some people talk about legality... crimes,... or 4 stars hotel and get out of Thailand.

com on. this is ridiculous. if u like to smoke do it, if you like to live like me in a thai appart with a thai lady do it...

but please stop to give lesson to everybody... let people do their life ...

god bless American. :D

funny all these comments about a poor chap caught illegaly smoking natural herbs...

well in our society i think everybody is free. borders, money, law, are. invention of western countries trying to dictate the world and put us in misery. but you don't see it because you have been brainwashed by laws, dictators, president, idiots...

we use money to make people envious and we think we will be happier... etc etc... it s all non sens. fundamentally we are all equal...

some people talk about legality... crimes,... or 4 stars hotel and get out of Thailand.

com on. this is ridiculous. if u like to smoke do it, if you like to live like me in a thai appart with a thai lady do it...

god bless American. biggrin.png

This post reminds me of the cartoon of the little mouse giving the finger to an eagle swooping down with talons extended

This is not a criminal.

Is merely coincidence that remarks like these only come up in the drug related threads? whistling.gif

• Like 1