Ford Focus (+Fiesta) Mk3 (2012) Transmission Update (Resolves Dct Gearbox Shudder / Grinding)

Instead of fixing the gear, seems like Ford is trying to sell more cars through aggressive promotions. They will have tp face the customers later and I hope the aftersales can cope.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Anything more than 3 yrs old is out of warranty already. I imagine a dry clutch gearbox is not cheap. I can see some unhappy customers around the corner. At least honda had the good sense to chuck the cvt from the old city when is showed significant problems.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its certainly no joke to those who have taken them on maximum Ford Credit, and cant afford to dump them. Even if one can afford to dump it its about as welcome as a Cruze to traders. Look how they treated Spoonman with his Ranger,no wonder Mazdas are everywhere you look of late.coffee1.gif

I tell you what's a joke is the way Ford has blocked the download of this TSB (it's only a technical service bulletin not a trade secret) so customers can't get the info and know where they actually stand. I found it from a guy in the US and as I started to download it my PC froze up and I only got 2 pages then it shut down the webspace I was using and unable to now open it as it is now blocked like every other mention of it on the net.

Instead of fixing the gear, seems like Ford is trying to sell more cars through aggressive promotions. They will have tp face the customers later and I hope the aftersales can cope.

Anything more than 3 yrs old is out of warranty already. I imagine a dry clutch gearbox is not cheap. I can see some unhappy customers around the corner. At least honda had the good sense to chuck the cvt from the old city when is showed significant problems.

The new Honda city has CVT.

Hopefully not the same technology as the old one they had so many problems with.

• 2 weeks later...

I tell you what's a joke is the way Ford has blocked the download of this TSB (it's only a technical service bulletin not a trade secret) so customers can't get the info and know where they actually stand. I found it from a guy in the US and as I started to download it my PC froze up and I only got 2 pages then it shut down the webspace I was using and unable to now open it as it is now blocked like every other mention of it on the net.

Here is a google cached web page of the TSB. It is missing the pictures unfortunately.

All TSBs are available on All Auto World's website, but you have to pay for them http://www.allworldauto.com/tsbs/ford_focus_technical_service_bulletins_12-7685-1.html

Also safecar.gov have a list of recalls and bulletins with limit information of the content http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Owners

I will be visiting Ford Samui within the next few weeks as my car is exhibiting the same transmission shudder and noises. I will report back my findings.

TSB 13-9-4.pdf

Edited by HTC

Hopefully not the same technology as the old one they had so many problems with.

Good point, but Honda aint Ford they admit a Pup and changed them for customers, not waffled till they gave up Ford Style..

• Like 1