Petrol Stations Pattaya

Asianrider

I know this topic has been covered before, but they tried to scam me 2 days ago filling up the scooter. A gentle reminder hopefully people will pay attention to the attendants diligence. I won't name and shame the station, or the thread will be closed.

The attendant didn't zero the meter, before she started filling up the tank. Got from 66baht to 69 before i pointed it out to. She quickly corrected it. Thought no more of it. When i gave her a 500 baht, she kept giving change in dribs & drabs thinking I would think that was it and carry on. Then I knew she was just trying to screw me one way or the other. Her attitude had changed completely.

Funny thing is, there are not many petrol stations here in Pattaya, nearly always queue's !

Yes, one crustacean station on pattaya tai was notorious for doing this. I drive a car and always make it a point to look at the pump (and see that they see this) when they start pumping the gas. Never had a problem at the major stations along Sukie.

I don't believe they attempted to steal money from you.

Sometimes they are slow at giving change especially when there busy! If they were giving you your change back slowly the likelihood she was counting it again.

I have been in a 7/11 where the lady that served me counted the money/change 4 times just to make sure it was correct.

Why do people constantly moan about the bad things in pattaya.

Never had a problem filling up my motosai but I always make sure to check the meter on the pump (except when there is so much sun you can't see anything at all) and speak in thai. I guess there is more chance to get scammed if you look like a tourist who just arrived in town sad.png

Yes, one crustacean station on pattaya tai was notorious for doing this. I drive a car and always make it a point to look at the pump (and see that they see this) when they start pumping the gas. Never had a problem at the major stations along Sukie.

Thanks for not posting the name. But yes, it was widely reported for many years. Happened to us at the one on Suk. Luckily, we're use to traveling in Mexico, so quite aware of the scam. Works better with cars as you don't really notice the extra 80B or so.

FYI. Another big scam going around these days, as reported in the Thai media, is putting drugs inside your gas cap. A few K down the road is a friendly BiB who pulls you over and immediately opens the gas cap. Haven't heard of it happening here yet, but have up in Issan.

Sometimes they are slow at giving change especially when there busy! If they were giving you your change back slowly the likelihood she was counting it again.

I have been in a 7/11 where the lady that served me counted the money/change 4 times just to make sure it was correct.

Because, checkoutcomplete, if people start moaning about the good things in Pattaya this forum would die a sudden death. Good things are not really appreciated.

But ok........nobody understands why they want to have (steal) money of you, but it happens.......a lot.

Hi Checkout

have lived in Pattaya for a few years and enjoy it here. This was a heads up to fellow members to be careful and alert at the filling stations. Not a Pattaya bashing thread !

• Like 1

<deleted>, they tried to scam him. they did not zero the meter. The O/P is warning members of this forum, and you say its Pattaya bashing. Wise up

I know that station as well. I filled up my 2006 Kawasaki boss in 2006 there. The tank size only allows 280 baht on an empty tank Gas was about 26-28 baht back then. They hit me with a 630 baht bin & I showed them the tank specifications (in Thai) & after a while of hemming & hawing they charged me for what was on my odometer from last fill up. What a bunch of Schisters! Common knowledge about this station Read about it in 2004 when I moved here. Never been back since.