Tax Between Usa And Thailand.?

Cheapcharly

Very much lower percentage of the population actually pays any tax, nearly all income tax revenue comes from corporate salaries, most likely most personal income, small retailers etc is "grey market".

Also no (or just very low?) property taxes, education and I guess other local government revenues doled out by the central government?

Much higher percentage of total government income from consumption taxes like import duties and the VAT.

Depends how you get your money. If it's from working in the US then you have to include medicare and social security as well as state taxes with your federal tax. If it's from investments you can pay a lower rate but in Thailand you can actually claim tax credits on the taxes already paid on investment income and it has no capital gains tax for equities. My guess is thailand has lower taxes at the 1 million baht mark.

most of my money come from my investment in bonds and stocks.

resident in usa but living many months in Thailand(gf in Thailand) ,. I look at how I could decrease my tax wit the irs.

i think for me it s better to stay in usa and pay my tax to the irs.

resident in usa but living many months in Thailand(gf in Thailand) ,. I look at how I could decrease my tax wit the irs.

Do you live in a high income tax state? If so, you might conceivably be able to avoid it, depending on the tax domicile rules on your state.

Do you live in a high income tax state? If so, you might conceivably be able to avoid it, depending on the tax domicile rules on your state.

South Dakota. Best state for an expat to remain a resident. No minimum physical presence, easy cheap driver's license, Mail forwarding service will give physical home address, no state income tax... Completely legal. You do have to go there once to get your driver's license and establish residency, which the mail forwarding service will help with.

Edited by NeverSure

I got green card... now i took address at a friends house in California.

can move to Texas. California has state tax...? i know texas has none...

what's the best?

I m poor. will not make lot of money. I don't care to be rich. can live with less 10k$ a year. few weeks in usa, back in thailand.

the system will not make me miserable... like many people living on western countries... and i will not work 3 jobs to survive... i m giving up... sorry.