Bangkok Officers In Phuket To Stamp Out Public Butts

webfact

Good idea, gotta start somewhere.

Small steps get you there eventually....

Like the 100% motorbike helmet law? Thats worked...:crazy:

But you see many more people in cities wearing them.

Remember how long it took to enforce in the UK?

Give it time, increase the fines and it will get there.

At least the fine here is a reasonable deterrent!

Your right about the fines. But also the attitude of the Police, notice a lot of police not wearing helmets. Plus none of the muslim people wear them with them things on their heads on the way to the mosque. I think it could take many years.

Really? Why do you stay here? It seems to me you don't like the people who have lived here way before you ever arrived... I have no problem with most Thais, no matter what their religion. There are good and bad, it doesn't matter from where or what you or they may believe in...

Keep your hair on mate, all he pointed out is that many Policemen and Muslims don't wear a helmet,which is a fact. Yet you ask why he stays here.Do you want him to go around with his eye's closed.

• Like 2

Ace of Pop, on 17 May 2013 - 09:44, said:

The Marine had just ended a Tour in Afganistan,shot at,roadside Bombs, comes here for a brake and some Hand Flaping P.C goon says No enjoy nice Cold Beer and Smoke. Ah Well,perhaps the Hand Flappers never been in a Firefight,and needed a Smoke afterwards.

What a ridiculous comparison....you might as well say that the doctor that has just saved a life, the firefighter that just risked his life, the miner that just finished a shift below ground, etc, etc, etc, an absolutely idiotic post 'AoP'...

No it isn't a ridiculous post, ALL of those people deserve to choose for themselves (as does everyone else) but ESPECIALLY if they are giving their all for other people

Good idea, gotta start somewhere.

Small steps get you there eventually....

Like the 100% motorbike helmet law? Thats worked...crazy.gif

Your right about the fines. But also the attitude of the Police, notice a lot of police not wearing helmets. Plus none of the muslim people wear them with them things on their heads on the way to the mosque. I think it could take many years.

Really? Why do you stay here? It seems to me you don't like the people who have lived here way before you ever arrived... I have no problem with most Thais, no matter what their religion. There are good and bad, it doesn't matter from where or what you or they may believe in...

Keep your hair on mate, all he pointed out is that many Policemen and Muslims don't wear a helmet,which is a fact. Yet you ask why he stays here.Do you want him to go around with his eye's closed.

Agree, i think he misunderstood the whole post. Never said i didn't like anybody...

Agree, i think he misunderstood the whole post. Never said i didn't like anybody...

Sorry! You're right. I did misread your post.

Ace of Pop, on 17 May 2013 - 09:44, said:

The Marine had just ended a Tour in Afganistan,shot at,roadside Bombs, comes here for a brake and some Hand Flaping P.C goon says No enjoy nice Cold Beer and Smoke. Ah Well,perhaps the Hand Flappers never been in a Firefight,and needed a Smoke afterwards.

What a ridiculous comparison....you might as well say that the doctor that has just saved a life, the firefighter that just risked his life, the miner that just finished a shift below ground, etc, etc, etc, an absolutely idiotic post 'AoP'...

No it isn't a ridiculous post, ALL of those people deserve to choose for themselves (as does everyone else) but ESPECIALLY if they are giving their all for other people

What do you mean ?..."ESPECIALLY if they are giving their all for other people..."...nobody is saying they cannot enjoy a cigarette whatever their profession.....but it's no hardship to step outside in Thailand to smoke a cigarette, hardly 'braving the elements' and the post about is smoking inside non-smoking premises, not taking away anybody's right to smoke......wai2.gif

• Like 1

"“It is possible that some people might not understand the law clearly or they do not take the law seriously."

Seems to be a fairly broad consensus that this must be referring to the Royal Thai Police.........

Edited by bangon04

What My Age group dislike is having laws introduced by Control Freak Puppies.As Ex Fighting and Working Men,a Bar Room full of Smoke Beer and Women was a big part of our lives. Have Yer Pansey Bars, by all means,but leave us old folk alone.I aint My Brothers Keeper Boy.And Yes i am a NRA Member.thumbsup.gif

Like the 100% motorbike helmet law? Thats worked...crazy.gif

Yes. Absolutely. Everyone with gripes & criticisms should just go home!

Sheesh - I get SO tired of hearing these why-do-you-stay-heres. Nothing to contribute. Nothing to really add to the discussion. Just, "Hey, look how righteous I am; why don't the rest of you leave?" I suspect there are at least some Thais who have complaints & frustrations with the Muslim way of doing things as well. Should they leave too?

Paangjang's comments were perfectly valid and very relevant.

• Like 1

I smoke and its my right to do so. I hate the non smokers that get all huffy when I spark up. They have no problem putting around on their smokey honda dreams breathing in the belching fumes from trucks and busses all over Phuket.

Edited by IrishIvan

I smoke and its my right to do so. I hate the non smokers that get all huffy when I spark up. They have no problem putting around on their smokey honda dreams breathing in the belching fumes from trucks and busses all over Phuket.

Smoking isnt in your legal right while the right to a safe and clean environment is in the human rights. Some people get REALLY sick from just breathing a bit of second hand smoke that's coming from too close to them.

Anyways you can whine as much as you want all smokers are getting more and more regulations thrown in their faces and theres nothing they can do about it but cry, its basically the only thing the human race has ever done right. Personally im kind of tiring of having to get into fist fights with smokers that cant stop themselves from throwing theirs butts where toddlers play or blowing their cancer in their face.

Smoking isnt in your legal right while the right to a safe and clean environment is in the human rights. Some people get REALLY sick from just breathing a bit of second hand smoke that's coming from too close to them.

Anyways you can whine as much as you want all smokers are getting more and more regulations thrown in their faces and theres nothing they can do about it but cry, its basically the only thing the human race has ever done right. Personally im kind of tiring of having to get into fist fights with smokers that cant stop themselves from throwing theirs butts where toddlers play or blowing their cancer in their face.

So you bring screaming toddlers into bars and pubs, no wonder people spark up around you? Do you get into many fistfights with Thai men? Or only farangs?

Ill let you in on a bit of info pal. As long as certain kick backs are being paid and accepted tobacco companies will have free reign in SE asia. it is their biggest market now.

People like yourself are the reason I never leave home without a nice Monte Cristo in my back pocket