Have Medium, Have Large Sir

One cappucino please !

Medium or big ?

Small please.

Small no have sir. Have medium, have large.

??

--

Question, how can a choice of two sizes ever exist of 'medium' and 'large' ? I think you can only have 'medium' if you have 3 sizes ? Or is their 'small' size just missing ?

This is not about shirts that have s, m, l etc.laugh.png

Crazy world.

I don't drink coffee in Thailand... of any sort. In comparison to other drinks it is far too expensive. I can get a whole meal for the price of one tiny cup of coffee. I'll drink water thank you.

When I ask a small coke at mcdonalds I always get a medium size.. small is available so maybe I should ask a mini to get the small but for sure it would turn out in "mini mai mee" :P

I beg to differ. You fail to recognise the difference between "midsize" and "medium".

In the coffee world, a cappuccino, latte or similar drink is more or less always based on a shot of espresso. I am willing to bet an ice cold Singha that a medium sized cappuccino or other coffee based drink is made from a base of TWO shots of espresso, and a larger sized variant is based on THREE shots of espresso, independent of where you buy it.

Similarly, a Macchiato is based on ONE shot of espresso. There's an exception to this rule if you buy your drink from Starbucks, where a SMALL Cappuccino or Latte is based on ONE shot of espresso.

There is no exact definition of an Espresso, but 1.5 oz of espresso is a good measurement, with a ristretto coming up short with 1-1.25 oz given the right grind.

A "half" pint of beer is exactly that - half a pint. But the fact is that a medium cappuccino is just as easy to define as long as you know what goes into your coffee.

Another happy customer...

wai.gif

Edited by Forethat

"Question, how can a choice of two sizes ever exist of 'medium' and 'large' ? I think you can only have 'medium' if you have 3 sizes ? Or is their 'small' size just missing ?"

Bit too deep for me,can the mods move it to the "Philosophy" forum please?

It's one of those silly marketing ploys. They think that joe public will feel he is getting better value paying for a medium something rather than a small something.

When I ask a small coke at mcdonalds I always get a medium size.. small is available so maybe I should ask a mini to get the small but for sure it would turn out in "mini mai mee" tongue.png

They only understand if you gesture and repeat the word.

So it's "small small" (whilst gesturing with face and body).

Hmmmm....philosophically speaking, I wonder how these compare:

Small, smaller smallest.

Big, bigger, biggest.

Large, larger, largest.

So Large could actually be the same as Small, and smaller, bigger and larger could all be identical.

I use this method. "One coffee please". "Medium or Large". Pointing-----> "That one".

Edited by Gsxrnz

I don't drink coffee in Thailand... of any sort. In comparison to other drinks it is far too expensive. I can get a whole meal for the price of one tiny cup of coffee. I'll drink water thank you.

If I wanted a coffee, a whole meal would not be a substitute. And I don't think I'd like to wait until I was somewhere that food was more expensive, and then have all my coffees at once.

SC