Expired Usa Drivers License, What To Do?

BobTH

Assuming there are no onerous or significant income/cap gains/investment income issues I might try to establish a residency with the parents in Indiana. (Most jury duty summons work off voter registration records rather than DMV records.) This might be as simple as changing the name on one of the utility bills for the parents' home to that of the OP, or it may be even simpler by just saying you've moved from Tennessee to Indiana to care for your aging parents. You may not even be required to take a road test, as the Tennessee license may be considered OK for road-worthiness? Most DMVs do allow for the on-line renewal of a driver's license but typically just one cycle as they do want to check your vision at least every twelve years.

Due to low voter registrations this is less and less the norm and why they now dip into the much larger license pool.. They also free up the voters registration this way by NOT tying it to jury duty..

I know California now uses both DMV and voter registration records to assemble the jury duty summons pool, and this does vary by state/county, hence my use of the modifier "most" rather than "all". However, I still think the majority of of states, counties, jurisdictions continue to use voter registration records as the sole source for jury duty. Obviously many, many people do not have driver's licenses, and since jury duty is more similar in civic duty to registering to vote than obtaining a driver's license it is somewhat easy to comprehend the continued practice.

I know that Massachusetts continues to use just the voter registration records for the jury pool.

I would NOT recommend getting a California driver's license unless you are prepared to file a California tax return.

• 3 months later...

Hi all

am living in chiang mai (a newbie) and my canadian drivers license is expired does anyone know a place here where i can take a course (hehe) and get a thai license also have my 19 yr old daughter here and need to get her one as well but she has never driven

thanks for the help everyone