U S Carrier Nimitz Due To Visit Phuket

webfact

Top of my wish list........

Couple of navy boys rent a jet ski and begin to get scammed. Scammers get all jumpy and making serious threats, fight begins and the usual amount of Thai thugs start joining in.

Bangla Road bars full of other navy boys suddenly converge onto the beach and beat the absolute crap of every Thai that thought it fine to join in the 'fun'.

They can then turn their attention to the tuk tuk drivers and tell them that any bullshit from them and they get the same.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anybody knows for how long they stay in Phuket.

This would be nice to know so i can stay at home during that time.

In my experience they are only causing problems in Phuket and are not spending much.

( walking on the streets with their 7/11 50 Baht beer bottle.)

I always try to avoid them in my businesses.

Your experience must be very limited particularly in recent times. The sailors are amongst the most polite well behaved visitors I have encountered, a credit to their country.

Before I was born my parents were in Hawaii (My Dad was in the Army) and one night walking around Waikiki, they were cornered by 4 locals who, as my dad tells it, certainly intended to mug them. Just then 4 uniformed sailors on leave rounded the corner and scared off the would be muggers. Who knows, my existence may have been made possible by US sailors on shore leave. Ok, that sounds wrong, but with the context you get my meaning. :D

• Like 1

Does anybody knows for how long they stay in Phuket.

This would be nice to know so i can stay at home during that time.

In my experience they are only causing problems in Phuket and are not spending much.

( walking on the streets with their 7/11 50 Baht beer bottle.)

I always try to avoid them in my businesses.

3 or 4 days usually. The vast majority are enlisted and have a curfew of between 9 pm and midnight (back on the boat) but many officers stay in hotels.

Explain what your experiences you are referring to in Phuket, because as long as I have been in the US Navy League, about 5 years now, there as been almost zero problems. I have known them to be nothing but polite and respectful. And there is almost always a couple Shore Liason Gaurds within sight along Bangla.

I agree.

I think the problem is that local ex-pats get zero attention once the Navy is in town, hence the negative opinions.

Young, fit and cashed up.

Best locals stay home for the next week...and then give the girls a few days to be up and walking again.

• Like 1