U S Carrier Nimitz Due To Visit Phuket

webfact

I was on the Nimitz on November 10, 1975 as a Marine only 6 months into the regular FMF to celebrate USMC's 200th birthday. An impressive flotation device.

There will be more US Navy blood spilled in the streets of Phuket during this shore leave than the whole of USN in the prior decade. Problem is it'll be the result of a lot of fighting among themselves..., women..., too much Chang..., 1 too many buckets. And a few who get their first taste of a LB. giggle.gif

New shore leave policy. "Xanex for all who disembark". RELAX guys. It can be one of your best shore leaves OR...,

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3,200 sailors and 2,480 air wing personnel

Dunno if Phuket could handle so much seamen. Posted Image

That sure is a lot of semen

Boring. Posted Image been done to death every time the fleet arrives in Phuket Posted Image

You've convinced me! I'm going to spend the next couple of hours refreshing my knowledge reading a sinsot thread.

• Like 2

I was on the Nimitz on November 10, 1975 as a Marine only 6 months into the regular FMF to celebrate USMC's 200th birthday. An impressive flotation device.

There will be more US Navy blood spilled in the streets of Phuket during this shore leave than the whole of USN in the prior decade. Problem is it'll be the result of a lot of fighting among themselves..., women..., too much Chang..., 1 too many buckets. And a few who get their first taste of a LB. giggle.gif

New shore leave policy. "Xanex for all who disembark". RELAX guys. It can be one of your best shore leaves OR...,

You must be that ex special forces guy I met in a bar a few weeks ago. :) :)

@ SteeleJoe

Off topic, but, there is a war with guns, bullets and bombs - then, there is an "economc" war with currency and debt.

This war is currently being waged, right now, as we speak. Just google "currency wars" for a little bit more insight into this war.

"Beware the sleeping dragon (China) for when she awakes the earth will shake." - Winston Churchill

Guess what, Chine is awake.

So, whilst the US Navy has a very impressive fleet, it costs - and costs a lot.

So, "who's getting the better deal" - it certainly isn't the future generations of Americans that will have to pay back this massive and ever accumulating US debt to their sworn enemy, the communists. :)

So, the question is, who really owns this ship and is paying it's crew?

Get the picture????

It is indeed off topic so allow me to simply respond that I thought your previous was rather simplistic and somewhat fallacious, so I responded with a bit of sophistry of my own. Sorry.

(But here's some more that I can't resist given your post: if the ship and the crew is opposing them, what good does it do China to "own" it and pay it's crew? And yes, I get the picture you're painting - one question mark would suffice, no need to shout - though I don't necessarily think it a complete or entirely accurate one).

• Like 1

Dunno if Phuket could handle so much seamen. ohmy.png

Don't worry, the hoe's will be imported from all over Thailand. And there will still be a million plus to make up the rear echelon.

They are a commodity (a bottomless pit) in the country same as rice.

So, this expected flood of seamen is merely a drop in the ocean. rolleyes.gif

Dunno about a drop in the ocean, don't forget some of the seamen will be airborne.

@ SteeleJoe

Off topic, but, there is a war with guns, bullets and bombs - then, there is an "economc" war with currency and debt.

This war is currently being waged, right now, as we speak. Just google "currency wars" for a little bit more insight into this war.

"Beware the sleeping dragon (China) for when she awakes the earth will shake." - Winston Churchill

Guess what, Chine is awake.

So, whilst the US Navy has a very impressive fleet, it costs - and costs a lot.

So, "who's getting the better deal" - it certainly isn't the future generations of Americans that will have to pay back this massive and ever accumulating US debt to their sworn enemy, the communists. smile.png

So, the question is, who really owns this ship and is paying it's crew?

Get the picture????

It is off topic so allow me to simply respond that I thought your previous was rather simplistic and somewhat fallacious, so I responded with a bit of sophistry of my own. Sorry.

(And yes, I get the picture your painting though I don't necessarily think it a complete or entirely accurate one).

No problems. Always happy to hear different opinions, views and experiences.

Back on topic - the US Navy sailors, if allowed to get through any possible tuk-tuk blockade, will be bringing in millions of baht to the island.

It's all good.

• Like 1

Maybe phuket can't but the girls and boys from isaan who work here sure can!w00t.gif

There are a lot of young ladies in the US Navy now. Maybe you guys should shave and get a haircut. tongue.png

No such thing anymore in the west. Ladies. They are young women. Now they are much more akin to men now.

I like it. An outward demonstration of friendship and protection with Thailand. I hope Thailand takes notice.

There are ten of those, and all travel in complete "carrier groups" of ships including subs.

First as a show of force to the kid with the funny haircut in NK, then as a show of friendship to The Philippines, and now, Thailand, and on to the South China Sea. There are two more of them lurking.

"Nimitz-class, keeping China's mouth shut since 1975."

"Nimitz-class, keeping China's mouth shut since 1975." - and keeping The States more and more in financial debt to China for building, crewing and running them since the 90's. smile.pngsmile.png

Must be the syntax: surely you can't mean that China builds, crews, and runs US carriers...

No - I meant the US owes China a lot of money.

It's worth it!! intheclub.gif

The boat plus planes is owned by the Chinese by now anyway.......hopeless show of "force" by US.

Unless you actually think the Chinese have control over the ships and aircraft, your comment is just meaningless and banal rhetoric.

I understand the relish and measly gratification some people derive from parroting this sort of thing but I'm afraid it might be a bit early to celebrate China's surpassing of US power...

Why invade a country when you can simply buy it?

It's cheaper that way - typically Chinese business. smile.png

An interesting phenomena - you've answered a comment of mine with a reply that invites the exact same comment: I understand the relish and measly gratification some people derive from parroting this sort of thing but I'm afraid it might be a bit early to celebrate China's surpassing of US power...

No one is "celebrating" anthing SJ.

We are all here just chatting. No need for anyone to take anything personally.

• Like 2

And a few jarhead - swabbie mix ups. Did a few in Subic Bay..It's a family tradition. . Semper Fi.

Edited by khaowong1

Boring. coffee1.gif been done to death every time the fleet arrives in Phuket coffee1.gif

i realize the girls are busy, but done to death seems extreme

Does anybody knows for how long they stay in Phuket.

This would be nice to know so i can stay at home during that time.

In my experience they are only causing problems in Phuket and are not spending much.

( walking on the streets with their 7/11 50 Baht beer bottle.)

I always try to avoid them in my businesses.

You must be that ex special forces guy I met in a bar a few weeks ago. smile.pngsmile.png

Yep! i think i met him too, also a couple of his mates. thumbsup.gif

starting with the phuket taxi's... hope the marines don't have their own jeeps or they would be stealing money from the taxi / tuk tuk maffia and they could get denied permission to go to land

Boring. coffee1.gif been done to death every time the fleet arrives in Phuket coffee1.gif

Yep. And the inevitable condemnation of the USA as the world's superpower.

Does anybody knows for how long they stay in Phuket.

This would be nice to know so i can stay at home during that time.

In my experience they are only causing problems in Phuket and are not spending much.

( walking on the streets with their 7/11 50 Baht beer bottle.)

I always try to avoid them in my businesses.

3 or 4 days usually. The vast majority are enlisted and have a curfew of between 9 pm and midnight (back on the boat) but many officers stay in hotels.

Explain what your experiences you are referring to in Phuket, because as long as I have been in the US Navy League, about 5 years now, there as been almost zero problems. I have known them to be nothing but polite and respectful. And there is almost always a couple Shore Liason Gaurds within sight along Bangla.

I have to admit that my bad experiences with them dates back a few years ( before the night curfew ).

At that time they where like lose animals without any respect for the other people.

But more recent experience shows me that they are behaving better but also that they don't spend so much money any more.

I saw a lot of them buying a few bottles of beer in a 7/11 and walking the whole time around Patong for sight seeing the girls.

The officers are normally a different story and actually spend more and most of the time you don't even notice that they are navy.

But i stand by my opinion that i'm happy if they walk past of my businesses and don't get in as most of my regulars won't come if they knew that they (the non officers) where i my place.

Edited by merijn

Having surved on the Forrestal and Enterprise, I would love to be able to go aboard. Does anyone know if a visit is possible?

Contact the Phuket Navy League. Usually members and, of course, VIP's get first dibs, but if there is room after that then perhaps. You will need to submit your personal details ahead of time and clear a background check. If you go, don't forget your passport.

http://www.navyleaguephuket.org/

On the very bottom of the website: "On occasion we are able to arrange tours of visiting ships. Contact us or visit us at one of our meetings and learn more."

I am not native English speaker, so I read first, "semen"

Hyaenen.gif

Anyway, Phuket, can handle the seamen and sealadies-have also some on board and all the "semen" to!

Is not the first time a Big Air craft carrier anchors in Phuket for Rest and Recreation!

Edited by ALFREDO