Budget Rent A Car Chiang Mai

pgthompson

Did this vehicle have ABS, would ABS have prevented you from skidding into another vehicle?

Sorry, I've no idea if it had ABS or if it would have made a difference if it had or not. The vehicle was a Toyota Vigo 2.5 Litre. It was a newish vehicle with only 6500 km on the clock.

If you want to rent from Avis/Budget/Hertz then you need a credit card. Plenty other independents will rent to you, but be careful what sort of insurance is REALLY on offer.

Maybe a silly question but i have no experience in Thailand.... I don't have a credit card but i will need to rent a car soon, so do you think this is possible ?

If you want to rent from Avis/Budget/Hertz then you need a credit card. Plenty other independents will rent to you, but be careful what sort of insurance is REALLY on offer.

Maybe a silly question but i have no experience in Thailand.... I don't have a credit card but i will need to rent a car soon, so do you think this is possible ?

Certainly not a silly question.

The first time I rented with Budget they did want a 20,000 Baht deposit with a credit card, I presume for verification purpose, now they just ask me for 10,000 Baht deposit. I think this is if you don't return the vehicle full of fuel, which it is when you receive it, they will charge you. Would they take cash instead? No idea!

As for the previous times I've rented with local companies all they ask for is your passport, which I would never give, so then a 5000 Baht cash deposit is fine.

As previous reply, PLEASE CHECK WHAT IS INSURED, Always worth reading the small print. The accident I had would have cost me at least 20,000 Baht and all the hassle with it.

Could you ask a friend to hire the car for you, using their credit card and naming you as the driver?

Only ever been asked for a photocopy of my passport,done when picking up the car from the cheaper renters.usually leave 5,000 b deposit.Of course if you do happen to break down miles from home you might regret going for the cheaper option.I guess you get what you pay for.