Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

On 1/23/2018 at 7:33 PM, MrTrip said:

And you lost me with the hippopotamus ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A rather large young Sioux lady was sitting on a hippopotamus skin. Two slim young Sioux ladies were sitting on a buffalo skin and a reindeer skin, respectively. Which proves that "the squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sum of the squaws on the other two hides".

4 minutes ago, phibunmike said:

A rather large young Sioux lady was sitting on a hippopotamus skin. Two slim young Sioux ladies were sitting on a buffalo skin and a reindeer skin, respectively. Which proves that "the squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sum of the squaws on the other two hides".

THailand?..

Hilarious in another dimension..

Edited by watcharacters

• 1 month later...
On 2013-05-18 at 2:47 PM, onionluke said:

Thank a deity of your choice for the airport and long may it stay in the center of town .

I noticed the dirt parking lot at the airport (which was used for long term parking) is no longer available.  Does anyone know what is being constructed there?  I do hope it is a multi-level parkade - the parking congestion across from the main terminal is laughable!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Farmer Ben said:

Im looking to buy some farm chemicals (herbicides) and seed for corn.  can anyone recommend a store in Ubon.

Sang Saree Farm supplies in Warin. On the main Warin-Det Udom road about 1.5 km from the Warin-Phibun-Det Udom intersection in Warin. On the left hand side coming out of Warin. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 4:33 PM, Michael Hare said:

Sang Saree Farm supplies in Warin. On the main Warin-Det Udom road about 1.5 km from the Warin-Phibun-Det Udom intersection in Warin. On the left hand side coming out of Warin. 

Agreed.

It looks like we are getting closer to the intersection changes promised 8 years ago. Now they claim construction will begin in October and it will take 2-3 years to build them. They've chosen the circular option pictured below for each intersection. You can follow the progress on this Facebook page. This is the Amnat and Yaso intersections. The Sisaket and Khemmarat intersections are also being looked at for future changes but probably not anytime soon.

33066045_2055032868088835_2791742224302342144_o.jpg.07e8a602d07f639c4bdf6826d5f2b16e.jpg

Edited by ubonrthai
  • Like 2

Oh yes - Ban Tabo (we've hashed it a bit!). You can always head out north west and cut back over Hua Na Dam and into Ubon from the west*. I think I'd move, or buy a cheap second motor and park it on the south side of the Ring Road!

*Hopefully joking, as that's got to be a 40 minute trip!

On 5/28/2018 at 9:39 AM, ubonrthai said:

t looks like we are getting closer to the intersection changes promised 8 years ago. Now they claim construction will begin in October and it will take 2-3 years to build them.

Call me a skeptic but I think I will much older when and if it is done (if ever). Been talked about for many years with nothing being done.

Project approved and budget set but the funds are diverted for other more important projects elsewhere (Bangkok maybe).

• 3 weeks later...

The Highway 24 enhancements into Ubon (Ubon to Kantharalak intersection of highway 24 up to the existing four lane highway from Samrong to Ubon Ring Road) are already well underway. 

The section from highway 24 at the Ubon to Kantharalak intersection up through Benchalak on Hwy 2085 to its junction with Hwy 2178 looks like completing early 2019 (already widened with clay infill progressing and extra bridges already have established foundations and lower structures). Ditto for a short piece of Hwy 2178 heading further up towards Samrong and Ubon.

No signs of anything starting on a 13.5km section of 2178 that leads up to its existing four lane part (between Samrong and Ubon). I wonder whether there is a land purchase issue here that may delay that final chunk for some time. The utility poles marking the government land available for road widenings seem unusually close together on this section. Maybe even needing a new road over paddy instead of a widening.

Living in Amphur Kantharalak means I have a keen interest. It'll cut my frequent trips up to Ubon centre to about 55 mins from 1hr 10. Unless of course the police seek to take advantage and install effective speed cameras as is there wont in many other road widening schemes. As we all know here in Thailand the safest roads for exceeding 90 are the most effectively policed!

• Like 2

I want to apply for the yellow book.

We live in Ubon, in a village (Moo 13) near highway 2050 (Ubon-Trakan). Not so far from our home is: Rai Noi Sub-district office (องค์การบริหารส่วนตำบลไร่น้อย). Can I apply there for the yellow book or does this has to be done at Muang Ubon Ratchathani District Office opposite Thung Si Muang?

8 hours ago, chris26be said:

I want to apply for the yellow book.

We live in Ubon, in a village (Moo 13) near highway 2050 (Ubon-Trakan). Not so far from our home is: Rai Noi Sub-district office (องค์การบริหารส่วนตำบลไร่น้อย). Can I apply there for the yellow book or does this has to be done at Muang Ubon Ratchathani District Office opposite Thung Si Muang?

The yellow house book has to be applied for at a district office (Amphoe) which in your case is Muang Ubon Ratchaithani. A sub district office cannot process the application.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, chris26be said:

I want to have cctv camera's installed outside our house in Ubon  Anyone here who can recommend someone. I have already found ths company online: cctvubon (outside Big C).

I'll need this soon too. There are stores all over the place that do this. No idea who is actually skilled at it. If you remember, please let me know how it goes.

On 7/19/2018 at 9:04 PM, chris26be said:

I want to have cctv camera's installed outside our house in Ubon  Anyone here who can recommend someone. I have already found ths company online: cctvubon (outside Big C).

We bought our dual camera for our H-RV on Lazada and had it installed (front and back) at that shop. 

No problem.

Edited by jayceenik

heads up:

Isaan News Forum (go to Isaan Home Page - above the pinned threads) has an informative reprise on plans for expansion of Ubon (so-called International) Airport - new additional terminal/car parking/doubling of capacity etc, based around the Thai Transport Ministers visit. Should be of interest to many expats in this end of Lower Isaan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1